China, Chen Guangcheng is allowed to be free..

IP is the place for boisterous political discussion, but please remember, the Rules still apply, especially with regards to Personal Attacks. These and other inappropriate posts will be removed without notification.

Moderators: Mick, TheGingerMan

Forum rules
IP is the place for boisterous political discussion, but please remember, the Rules still apply, especially with regards to Personal Attacks. These and other inappropriate posts will be removed without notification.

Postby Baas Babelaas » 04 May 2012, 20:19

China, this time you won't get away with it.

The gubment must be realizing this time we can't get away with our nonsense behaviour.

One link below. Many others if you care to look..

http://www.smh.com.au/world/escape-from-shandong-20120502-1xzbg.html
Forumosan avatar
Baas Babelaas
Martyr's Shrine Guard (zhōngliècí wèibīng)

ORIGINAL POSTER
9 Recommends(s)
15 Recognized(s)

China, this time you won't get away with it

Postby headhonchoII » 04 May 2012, 21:25

Legend, a self taught blind lawyer. The scumbags beat up his family and turned his family home into a prison surrounded by an electric fence.
I can remember the fourth of July runnin' through the backwood bare.
And I can still hear my old hound dog barkin' chasin' down a hoodoo there
Chasin' down a hoodoo there.
headhonchoII
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1783 Recommends(s)
638 Recognized(s)

Re: China, this time you won't get away with it

Postby finley » 04 May 2012, 21:38

Unfortunately, they will get away with it; they already have. Chen walked back out (supposedly of his own accord). The 'authorities' will bide their time, and when the world has lost interest, they will fuck him over bigstyle; not because he's actually causing any actual slowdown in their rape of the Middle Kingdom, but simply because they can.

The US has already lost. They had one chance to do their Captain America thing for truth, justice, and whatnot, and they didn't. They are now officially #2, and China is Jabba the Hutt.

The depressing thing is, when China eventually disappears with a big sucking sound up its own rectum and takes half the planet with them, the scumbags who arrange this kind of stuff will be just fine.
"Global warming is happening and we KNOW that man is 100 percent responsible!!!"
- Fred Smith
Forumosan avatar
finley
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)

879 Recommends(s)
666 Recognized(s)

China, this time you won't get away with it

Postby headhonchoII » 04 May 2012, 22:17

He and his family have already been offered an academic position and visas to go to the US. Once again this hints at discord in China, surely there are people in the central government that should be able to deal with to save all the media attention and from turning him into a hero. Instead they are content for him to go the US.
headhonchoII
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1783 Recommends(s)
638 Recognized(s)

Postby fred smith » 05 May 2012, 00:54

Sorry to interrupt the China-bashing frenzy but... assuming that we are to support this "hero," what then? no one child policy? China with 1.3 billion people is to have what? 2 billion? and you people claim to care about the environment and global warming, er climate change? If China does not maintain a one-child policy then how many more people do you think that it can handle while balancing Western concerns for freedom? Just curious... especially given that the US has a number of iniatives that are looking to implement zero growth strategies... Bit of invective on my part, but let's not pretend that the Chinese government is totally unreasonable about trying to control its population... no one here really get that this is a big deal for China? and besides, given that many of the voices here are generally supportive of the left, wherein the sudden concern for abortion?
Forumosan avatar
fred smith
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

1 Recommends(s)
56 Recognized(s)

Postby Baas Babelaas » 05 May 2012, 03:17

fred smith wrote:Sorry to interrupt the China-bashing frenzy but... assuming that we are to support this "hero," what then? no one child policy? China with 1.3 billion people is to have what? 2 billion? and you people claim to care about the environment and global warming, er climate change? If China does not maintain a one-child policy then how many more people do you think that it can handle while balancing Western concerns for freedom? Just curious... especially given that the US has a number of iniatives that are looking to implement zero growth strategies... Bit of invective on my part, but let's not pretend that the Chinese government is totally unreasonable about trying to control its population... no one here really get that this is a big deal for China? and besides, given that many of the voices here are generally supportive of the left, wherein the sudden concern for abortion?

Sorry, your post is weak. Fred, rethink your ideas.
Forumosan avatar
Baas Babelaas

ORIGINAL POSTER
9 Recommends(s)
15 Recognized(s)

Re: China, Chen Guangcheng is allowed to be free..

Postby TheGingerMan » 05 May 2012, 03:37

So what?
One blind man escapes (oh, the bitter irony!) to an academic envelope. Thousands other have the bootheel.

The Wheel Keeps on Turning.
"Turne ye to the strong hold, ye prisoners of hope,
even to day do I declare that I will render double unto thee:"

~~~ZECHARIAH 9:12

"Or fill high hawkfell of my hand,
with skalds reward for skilled word?"

~~~Egill Skallagrimssøn, c.974

"Opinion is underrated since it is too difficult for most and not understood by the rest."
~~~elektronisk
Forumosan avatar
TheGingerMan
Bureaucrat of the Underworld (cóng dìyù lái de guānliáo)

4 Recommends(s)
245 Recognized(s)
In Taiwan since: 0- 0-2114
Gruntleness: Fully Disgruntled

Postby headhonchoII » 05 May 2012, 08:30

One man is reason enough to celebrate, this is a really brave fellow and his story is an inspiration.
headhonchoII
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1783 Recommends(s)
638 Recognized(s)

Re: China, Chen Guangcheng is allowed to be free..

Postby TheGingerMan » 05 May 2012, 08:47

headhonchoII wrote:One man is reason enough to celebrate, this is a really brave fellow and his story is an inspiration.

Are you out of your skull?
One man is nothing.
What about all the souls left behind, not wealthy, lucky, or timid, enough to run like a rat towards pat on the back university position in the West?
"Turne ye to the strong hold, ye prisoners of hope,
even to day do I declare that I will render double unto thee:"

~~~ZECHARIAH 9:12

"Or fill high hawkfell of my hand,
with skalds reward for skilled word?"

~~~Egill Skallagrimssøn, c.974

"Opinion is underrated since it is too difficult for most and not understood by the rest."
~~~elektronisk
Forumosan avatar
TheGingerMan

4 Recommends(s)
245 Recognized(s)
In Taiwan since: 0- 0-2114
Gruntleness: Fully Disgruntled

Postby headhonchoII » 05 May 2012, 09:10

Read his story , this guy has impressed me for many years. The only reason he is going is because they beat the crap out of his family.
headhonchoII
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1783 Recommends(s)
638 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Next

Proceed to International Politics