Sanctuary being torn down. We need your help!!! - click here for details
You can also visit TheSanctuaryTaiwan.org - click here to go to their contact page

U.S. extended unemployment benefits to end.

IP is the place for boisterous political discussion, but please remember, the Rules still apply, especially with regards to Personal Attacks. These and other inappropriate posts will be removed without notification.

Moderators: Mick, TheGingerMan

Forum rules
IP is the place for boisterous political discussion, but please remember, the Rules still apply, especially with regards to Personal Attacks. These and other inappropriate posts will be removed without notification.

U.S. extended unemployment benefits to end.

Postby Enigma » 26 Jun 2012, 16:50

I understand that all the extended unemployment benefits will be reduced back to the original 6 month benefit run. This will happen within the next 18 months. At that point, there will be more than 42% of U.S. people that actually want jobs, unemployed and no benefits. Wonder why the U.S. is sending 5, yes 5!, aircraft carrier groups to Asian waters? Thats like 50 ships and subs. Those unemployed folks are going to wonder what happened to their jobs and their eyes are going to be looking at China. We will soon start thinking seriously about FTA and their is going to be political hell to pay. I am even worried for my safety if the shit starts getting flung about.
Guess you can tell that Johnny is my friend on this day off but I am saying facts, not speculation. 42% of U.S. folks that are actually wanting a job will be unemployed and with no benefits. Shelters better start cooking more chicken soup - stat came straight from government reports. It pisses me off that they only report new applications for unemployment which remains at about 11%. They dont tell about the long termers and someone is soon going to be asking why.
Enigma
Time to Marry a Local (gāi qǔ tái wān lǎo pó jià tái wān lǎo gōng liǎo)

ORIGINAL POSTER
15 Recommends(s)
10 Recognized(s)

Re: U.S. extended unemployment benefits to end.

Postby Shaktipalooza » 27 Jun 2012, 18:34

That's the surveillance state for you. Out of control military industrial complex, out of control corporate and political corruption. An optimist would think sooner or later the population will pull their collective heads out of their asses and make some changes.

I'm not an optimist.
Forumosan avatar
Shaktipalooza
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)

6 Recognized(s)

Postby steelersman » 27 Jun 2012, 18:55

Enigma wrote:I understand that all the extended unemployment benefits will be reduced back to the original 6 month benefit run. This will happen within the next 18 months. At that point, there will be more than 42% of U.S. people that actually want jobs, unemployed and no benefits. Wonder why the U.S. is sending 5, yes 5!, aircraft carrier groups to Asian waters? Thats like 50 ships and subs. Those unemployed folks are going to wonder what happened to their jobs and their eyes are going to be looking at China. We will soon start thinking seriously about FTA and their is going to be political hell to pay. I am even worried for my safety if the shit starts getting flung about.
Guess you can tell that Johnny is my friend on this day off but I am saying facts, not speculation. 42% of U.S. folks that are actually wanting a job will be unemployed and with no benefits. Shelters better start cooking more chicken soup - stat came straight from government reports. It pisses me off that they only report new applications for unemployment which remains at about 11%. They dont tell about the long termers and someone is soon going to be asking why.

Major League Baseball is on pace to achieve record attendance. The amount of people purchasing movie tickets is still high. If the economy is so bad, how can people afford to spend so much money on entertainment?
steelersman
Wild Chicken Bus Driver (yě jī chē sī jī)
Wild Chicken Bus Driver (yě jī chē sī jī)

10 Recommends(s)
24 Recognized(s)

Postby Dr. McCoy » 27 Jun 2012, 19:49

Campaigns are spending record amounts of money this year. I've got to believe that that is going to stimulate the economy.
Forumosan avatar
Dr. McCoy
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

146 Recommends(s)
95 Recognized(s)

Postby Fortigurn » 27 Jun 2012, 23:09

steelersman wrote:Major League Baseball is on pace to achieve record attendance. The amount of people purchasing movie tickets is still high. If the economy is so bad, how can people afford to spend so much money on entertainment?

Because when the economy is bad, that's what people spend money on.
Hiking gear.
Forumosan avatar
Fortigurn
Former City Mayor (qiánrèn shìzhǎng)
Former City Mayor (qiánrèn shìzhǎng)

13 Recommends(s)
33 Recognized(s)

Postby Enigma » 28 Jun 2012, 15:49

Spot on!
And they still have some benefits but that will end soon. TV will again become the national pastime. Along with blankets, no heat and one hell of a lot of anger. (that's assuming they have electricity for the TV which may be doubtful)
On the other hand, maybe pops will find time to play catch with the kids, spend some time with wife at the park, actually start giving a crap about their family. No more benefits and less time at the pub. And get off their fat asses and vote the wankers out of office instead of just whining about it. Maybe some soup lines again may be a good thing. JMHO
Enigma

ORIGINAL POSTER
15 Recommends(s)
10 Recognized(s)

Postby Enigma » 28 Jun 2012, 16:09

Chatted with Namahottie last night. She is alive and well in Chicago. I was telling her about the 42% number and she just read in the NYTs that the unempoyment rate for blacks in Chicago is above 50%. (I use the term "black" because she would be offended if I used any other term) Actually, I piss her off in so many other ways that my wordage is insignificant, but we wont go into that.
For you Newbies, Nama is a long-term poster but doesn't check in here much anymore but she is still remembered and loved by all of us.
BTW, she says she is still trying to find a way to come back home. Hope to have a glass of wine with her someday soon.
Enigma

ORIGINAL POSTER
15 Recommends(s)
10 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to International Politics