The Scam Wall Street Learned From the Mafia

IP is the place for boisterous political discussion, but please remember, the Rules still apply, especially with regards to Personal Attacks. These and other inappropriate posts will be removed without notification.

Moderators: Mick, TheGingerMan

Forum rules
IP is the place for boisterous political discussion, but please remember, the Rules still apply, especially with regards to Personal Attacks. These and other inappropriate posts will be removed without notification.

Postby Shaktipalooza » 27 Jun 2012, 18:55

Another great article from Taibbi on the pervasive corruption in the US financial system. So so often banks get caught red handed, are ultimately fined a pittance compared to the illicit profits earned, and are freed from admission of guilt. This time a few of the bit players were punished, while the banks keep on rolling.

I guarantee not a single person I know back in the US has a clue this sort of crime is going on. Most will claim this is something that doesn't effect them, but it does.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/ne ... a-20120620

A great interview on Bill Moyers with Taibbi and another great investigative journalist/blogger, Yves Smith concerning the new mafiosa. They do a good job going over many of the talking points on the wanton corruption occurring.

Forumosan avatar
Shaktipalooza
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)

ORIGINAL POSTER
6 Recognized(s)

Re: The Scam Wall Street Learned From the Mafia

Postby Enigma » 28 Jun 2012, 16:31

When Americans start seeing that their kids are hungry and no hope of jobs, they will finally wake up. I get so tired of same ol', same ol'. When the money stops and they start to think of the more than 1 Trillion dollars they paid to help out the "too big to fail" maybe some, probably a few, will stand up and start yelling BULLSHIT! I know that each child born today in America is born with more than a $70,000 debt on their sholders. Someday, I hope a child can be born in the heartland and will come to life and have the ability to get a decent education without "Sallie" on their backs for the rest of their life, have some land and a debt he/she can pay. (Apologies to W. Nelson. I stole that from "Heartland" but I don't think he will mind.)
Enigma
Time to Marry a Local (gāi qǔ tái wān lǎo pó jià tái wān lǎo gōng liǎo)
Time to Marry a Local (gāi qǔ tái wān lǎo pó jià tái wān lǎo gōng liǎo)

15 Recommends(s)
10 Recognized(s)

Postby Belgian Pie » 28 Jun 2012, 17:42

Wallstreet is the Mafia ...
Belgian Pie
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1 Recommends(s)
62 Recognized(s)

Postby SuperSneakyCow » 01 Jul 2012, 14:56

Enigma wrote:When Americans start seeing that their kids are hungry and no hope of jobs, they will finally wake up. I get so tired of same ol', same ol'. When the money stops and they start to think of the more than 1 Trillion dollars they paid to help out the "too big to fail" maybe some, probably a few, will stand up and start yelling BULLSHIT! I know that each child born today in America is born with more than a $70,000 debt on their sholders. Someday, I hope a child can be born in the heartland and will come to life and have the ability to get a decent education without "Sallie" on their backs for the rest of their life, have some land and a debt he/she can pay. (Apologies to W. Nelson. I stole that from "Heartland" but I don't think he will mind.)

No, they won't. They'll blame African Americans for "being lazy" and Mexicans for "stealing their jobs. You try talking to "real America" about how the banks specifically targeted people who were unaware of what ARMs were, and how the banks intentionally created bad loans to bet against them, and they blame the victims of the scam.

And the same fools who buy into that lie from abroad go to the U.S. and only contribute to the machine. No one's going to wake up.
SuperSneakyCow
Grasshopper (cǎo měng)

17 Recommends(s)
2 Recognized(s)

Postby headhonchoII » 01 Jul 2012, 16:19

Read about Nomura and inside trading in Japan, or the Olympus case, the are even worse off over there!
I can remember the fourth of July runnin' through the backwood bare.
And I can still hear my old hound dog barkin' chasin' down a hoodoo there
Chasin' down a hoodoo there.
headhonchoII
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1481 Recommends(s)
556 Recognized(s)

Return to International Politics