China Cracking Down on Foreigners?

IP is the place for boisterous political discussion, but please remember, the Rules still apply, especially with regards to Personal Attacks. These and other inappropriate posts will be removed without notification.

Moderators: Mick, TheGingerMan

Forum rules
IP is the place for boisterous political discussion, but please remember, the Rules still apply, especially with regards to Personal Attacks. These and other inappropriate posts will be removed without notification.

China Cracking Down on Foreigners?

Postby headhonchoII » 12 Jul 2012, 06:45

This is why they must thread very carefully when dealing with the issue of corruption. They must be seen to do something about Bo Xi Lai but cannot delve too deep without exposing their own corruption. The Chinese way is to be corrupt. Always was, probably always will be.

It is much easier to look outside for problems rather than inside.
I can remember the fourth of July runnin' through the backwood bare.
And I can still hear my old hound dog barkin' chasin' down a hoodoo there
Chasin' down a hoodoo there.
headhonchoII
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1737 Recommends(s)
623 Recognized(s)

Re: China Cracking Down on Foreigners?

Postby Mucha Man » 12 Jul 2012, 09:59

dan2006 wrote:...I have friends from the mainland and they are nothing like what the article discusses, but it is making me second guess if I want to go there this year for a vacation.. :cool:

I've been travelling in China since March. Haven't noticed even a sniff of anti-foreigner sentiment. People still smile, or scowl, as their wont. Shopkeepers are polite and friendly, or rude and indifferent, people on the street still want to say "hellooooo" and taxi drivers still want to run me down.
“Everywhere else in the world is also really old” said Prof. Liu, a renowned historian at Beijing University. “We always learn that China has 5000 years of cultural heritage, and that therefore we are very special. It appears that other places also have some of this heritage stuff. And are also old. Like, really old.”

http://hikingintaiwan.blogspot.com/

This post was recommended by Tigerman (12 Jul 2012, 17:52)
Rating: 4%
Forumosan avatar
Mucha Man
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

804 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Proceed to International Politics