Why Some People Leave South Africa

IP is the place for boisterous political discussion, but please remember, the Rules still apply, especially with regards to Personal Attacks. These and other inappropriate posts will be removed without notification.

Moderators: Mick, TheGingerMan

Forum rules
IP is the place for boisterous political discussion, but please remember, the Rules still apply, especially with regards to Personal Attacks. These and other inappropriate posts will be removed without notification.

Re: Why Some Foreigners Leave South Africa

Postby Gao Bohan » 25 Jul 2012, 03:28

bismarck wrote:
"No one is born hating another person because of the colour of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite."
- Nelson R Mandela

Indeed. What a horrible man.

There's a trend among the far right that, whenever Mandela is brought up, they giggle with contrarianism and start chittering about what a horrible terrorist he was. Some of these clowns post regularly in South Africa-themed threads and this one is no exception.

It's been said again and again: Mandela used violence to fight oppression; when liberty was achieved, he succesfully advocated for a peaceful reconciliation. Christ! What a bloodbath it could have been if Mandela was really the monster that the far right thinks he was.
Our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal. - John F. Kennedy
Forumosan avatar
Gao Bohan
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)

144 Recommends(s)
272 Recognized(s)

Re: Why Some People Leave South Africa

Postby Battery9 » 25 Jul 2012, 07:37

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J34VyWDnh-Q

F.W de Klerk and Mandela before the elections.
Battery9
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)

27 Recognized(s)

Why Some People Leave South Africa

Postby headhonchoII » 25 Jul 2012, 07:49

'Both De Klerk and Mandela insist there is 'something bigger going on''

What a great quote. Thousands of people died in violence political events, vast majority black on black, between 1990 and 1993. Mandela helped to skillfully steered the country through this very difficult period and although violence is still present there and there are issues the country settled down enough to host the World Cup just a few years ago. What a great achievement. Somebody said he can't compare to the dalai llama or aung sum Kim, but he had to deal with so many practical challenges and did a great job in the end.

The ANC on the other hand have failed to raise the living standards of enough people so squatter camps and poverty is still rampant there. Although a lot of people in the squatter camps seem to be illegal migrants now, so it is also a pan African issue.
I can remember the fourth of July runnin' through the backwood bare.
And I can still hear my old hound dog barkin' chasin' down a hoodoo there
Chasin' down a hoodoo there.
headhonchoII
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1571 Recommends(s)
573 Recognized(s)

Re: Why Some Foreigners Leave South Africa

Postby bismarck » 25 Jul 2012, 10:41

Gao Bohan wrote:
bismarck wrote:
"No one is born hating another person because of the colour of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite."
- Nelson R Mandela

Indeed. What a horrible man.

There's a trend among the far right that, whenever Mandela is brought up, they giggle with contrarianism and start chittering about what a horrible terrorist he was. Some of these clowns post regularly in South Africa-themed threads and this one is no exception.

It's been said again and again: Mandela used violence to fight oppression; when liberty was achieved, he succesfully advocated for a peaceful reconciliation. Christ! What a bloodbath it could have been if Mandela was really the monster that the far right thinks he was.

Well said! :thumbsup: :bravo:

headhonchoII wrote:The ANC on the other hand have failed to raise the living standards of enough people so squatter camps and poverty is still rampant there. Although a lot of people in the squatter camps seem to be illegal migrants now, so it is also a pan African issue.

Yeah, from recent arrivals I've heard that illegal immigration is becoming a very big problem there, and Nigerians especially are a huge problem. Good luck to them.
World Champions 1995, 2007; Tri-Nations champions 1998, 2004, 2009; Grand Slam Champions 1912/13, 1931/32, 1951/52, 1960/61; Defeated British & Irish Lions 1903, 1924, 1938, 1962, 1968, 1980, 2009
Super 14 Champions 2007, 2009, 2010
Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy and the lash.
Sir Winston Churchill

Second of all, as in all honeymoons, all is well until it is not. It is until the unexpected happens that you will see all grievances surface -ask anyone in any relationship. The girl can chew with her mouth open, that if you love her, you do not care. If you do not lover her, if her pinkie toe is half an inch deviant, the relationship is doomed. - Icon
Forumosan avatar
bismarck
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

150 Recommends(s)
141 Recognized(s)

Postby E04teacherlin » 27 Jul 2012, 01:54

Chris wrote:
E04teacherlin wrote:I'm just concerned that if Nelson Mandela was indeed on the US terror watch list and only taken of when he turned 90, as El Toro stated, why didn't they arrest him in 1990 when he visited the US?

I thought the Terror Watch List was a post-9/11 thing. 1990 was even before the 1993 WTC bombing.

I also posted a link to an article which you didn't read. Read that first. The terror watch list is NOT a post 9/11 thing.
E04teacherlin
Scooter Commuter (qí jī chē shàng xià bān)
Scooter Commuter (qí jī chē shàng xià bān)

85 Recommends(s)
50 Recognized(s)

Postby bismarck » 27 Jul 2012, 02:21

Here are a few reasons why many people leave South Africa (of all races, colours and creeds): Analysis: Dear Mr Zuma & the ANC, how long do you need?

The comments are also rather enlightening.
World Champions 1995, 2007; Tri-Nations champions 1998, 2004, 2009; Grand Slam Champions 1912/13, 1931/32, 1951/52, 1960/61; Defeated British & Irish Lions 1903, 1924, 1938, 1962, 1968, 1980, 2009
Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy and the lash.
Sir Winston Churchill

Second of all, as in all honeymoons, all is well until it is not. It is until the unexpected happens that you will see all grievances surface -ask anyone in any relationship. The girl can chew with her mouth open, that if you love her, you do not care. If you do not lover her, if her pinkie toe is half an inch deviant, the relationship is doomed. - Icon
Forumosan avatar
bismarck
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

150 Recommends(s)
141 Recognized(s)

Postby tommy525 » 27 Jul 2012, 14:49

HOrrible crimes happen everywhere but are they just that little bit more vicious in SA?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... other.html
Savage - what a nice performance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMCMjEb68ds
Forumosan avatar
tommy525
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

581 Recommends(s)
366 Recognized(s)

Postby bismarck » 27 Jul 2012, 15:12

tommy525 wrote:HOrrible crimes happen everywhere but are they just that little bit more vicious in SA?

In the one picture you see Radebe smiling, and all three were apparently smiling on their way back to the cells. That's the big difference. Hugely horrible crimes committed with zero remorse.
Sir Winston Churchill

Forumosan avatar
bismarck
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

150 Recommends(s)
141 Recognized(s)

Postby bigduke6 » 27 Jul 2012, 16:20

Wait till you see the sentence. Then they will be really smiling. Probably "Life", which will actually be 20 years, out in 10. :fume:

A slow death for these animals is whats needed. Like when Mason Verger planned to feed Hannibal the Cannibal to the pigs, feet first, making sure a doctor was on hand to keep him alive as long as possible. :raspberry:

Unfortunately, the most common color in the rainbow nation is red.
Jesus Quintana: Let me tell you something, pendejo. You pull any of your crazy shit with us, you flash a piece out on the lanes, I'll take it away from you, stick it up your ass and pull the fucking trigger 'til it goes "click."
The Dude: Jesus.
Jesus Quintana: You said it, man. Nobody
fucks with the Jesus.

Mr.Lahey: The shitabyss!
Randy: Mr. Lahey, not another night of the shitabyss, please?!
Mr.Lahey: Ah, fuck it.

If you talk to god, you're religious. If god talks to you, you're psychotic.
Gregory House

I got me a dog and named her Mybitchniggaeater.
2Pac
Forumosan avatar
bigduke6
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)

72 Recommends(s)
132 Recognized(s)

Postby bigduke6 » 27 Jul 2012, 16:23

tommy525 wrote:HOrrible crimes happen everywhere but are they just that little bit more vicious in SA?

The Travyn Masters case (Not sure if I got the name right), would not have made the newspapers.
Jesus Quintana: Let me tell you something, pendejo. You pull any of your crazy shit with us, you flash a piece out on the lanes, I'll take it away from you, stick it up your ass and pull the fucking trigger 'til it goes "click."
The Dude: Jesus.
Jesus Quintana: You said it, man. Nobody
fucks with the Jesus.

Mr.Lahey: The shitabyss!
Randy: Mr. Lahey, not another night of the shitabyss, please?!
Mr.Lahey: Ah, fuck it.

If you talk to god, you're religious. If god talks to you, you're psychotic.
Gregory House

I got me a dog and named her Mybitchniggaeater.
2Pac
Forumosan avatar
bigduke6

72 Recommends(s)
132 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Proceed to International Politics