Obama: If you own a business, you didn't make that!

IP is the place for boisterous political discussion, but please remember, the Rules still apply, especially with regards to Personal Attacks. These and other inappropriate posts will be removed without notification.

Moderators: Mick, TheGingerMan

Forum rules
IP is the place for boisterous political discussion, but please remember, the Rules still apply, especially with regards to Personal Attacks. These and other inappropriate posts will be removed without notification.

Re: Obama: If you own a business, you didn't make that!

Postby Toe Save » 26 Jul 2012, 13:31

sandman wrote:
ironlady wrote:bob, if you're talking to sneakycow, you may not get an answer for a period of time. Not saying anything, just sayin'.

What does this even mean? Has he been banned? Why? I swear, this site becomes more and more like tealit every day. :roll:

Oh please. You are starting to sound like a broken record. Comparing the flob to tealit is completely disingenuous and you know it. Just making a comment like you've just made would get your IP banned for life at tealit, and that's if you could even register for a membership in the first place. The admin is a very welcoming and forgiving chap, believe you me. The mods have a Herculean task keeping trolls, sockpuppets and spammers at bay to allow you and I the freedom to lay down our rants as often and as vituperative as we desire. You've broken many a rule (as have I) and are still welcomed herein. We get that you want to see the site fail. It's not going to, so deal with it and please stop calling out the mods on every action they make. You're becoming like the boy who cried wolf: When and if they do overstep their power, your criticism will be lost in the plethora of anti-flob rants you've made over the last year.

In the 12 years I've been on and off this site, you are the one poster I've always read. But I am less and less inclined to follow what you write these days. Gone is that acerbic wit and been replaced by mundane bitching. Pull up yer socks old salt. Bring back the old Sandman and leave the back-seat modding at the door. I implore you.
Forumosan avatar
Toe Save
Mahjong Maniac (májiàng mí)

63 Recommends(s)
57 Recognized(s)

Postby Mick » 26 Jul 2012, 15:47

sandman wrote:
ironlady wrote:bob, if you're talking to sneakycow, you may not get an answer for a period of time. Not saying anything, just sayin'.

What does this even mean? Has he been banned? Why? I swear, this site becomes more and more like tealit every day. :roll:

Got 3 days suspension as SuperSneekyCow was wasting my time by posting flame material and the angry responses that followed several times a day. 90% of any moderating in IP was revolving around his/her posts, there was a reason the now deleted SuperSneekyCow appreciation thread existed in the open forum. Stupid shit mostly, tried to PM a couple of times with no response and no change in posting style, so I have other things to do than run around clearing up after someone who shows no respect to either the people they are talking to or the mod who is trying to keep the tone polite.
Forumosan avatar
Mick
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)

56 Recommends(s)
111 Recognized(s)

Postby bob » 26 Jul 2012, 19:05

If Obama had really meant "THOSE (things)" he'd have said "THOSE (things) and not THAT (business). And yes, I paid attention to the tone of voice, the body language and all that and what it screamed was "Lets pander to the EMOTIONS of these scared, angry, fustrated people."

Not that he didn't have an important point to make but quit showing respect to people with initiative and they'll lose initiative. Not good.

Supersneakycow is fresh and nutty. An old favorite with a new direction.
bob
Golden Lotus (huángjīn liánhuā)
Golden Lotus (huángjīn liánhuā)

21 Recognized(s)

Postby Mick » 26 Jul 2012, 19:09

bob wrote:Supersneakycow is fresh and nutty. An old favorite with a new direction.

I think Supersneakycow is just pretending to be the caricature of a right wing crazy, and loving it. Me, not so much.
Forumosan avatar
Mick

56 Recommends(s)
111 Recognized(s)

Postby Dr. McCoy » 26 Jul 2012, 20:18

Lewis Black has it right.
Forumosan avatar
Dr. McCoy
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

146 Recommends(s)
95 Recognized(s)

Postby sandman » 27 Jul 2012, 05:58

Toe Save wrote:
sandman wrote:

Oh please. You are starting to sound like a broken record. Comparing the flob to tealit is completely disingenuous and you know it. Just making a comment like you've just made would get your IP banned for life at tealit, and that's if you could even register for a membership in the first place. The admin is a very welcoming and forgiving chap, believe you me. The mods have a Herculean task keeping trolls, sockpuppets and spammers at bay to allow you and I the freedom to lay down our rants as often and as vituperative as we desire. You've broken many a rule (as have I) and are still welcomed herein. We get that you want to see the site fail. It's not going to, so deal with it and please stop calling out the mods on every action they make. You're becoming like the boy who cried wolf: When and if they do overstep their power, your criticism will be lost in the plethora of anti-flob rants you've made over the last year.

In the 12 years I've been on and off this site, you are the one poster I've always read. But I am less and less inclined to follow what you write these days. Gone is that acerbic wit and been replaced by mundane bitching. Pull up yer socks old salt. Bring back the old Sandman and leave the back-seat modding at the door. I implore you.

Whatever. My post got kudos from two of the people I respect most on this site, which tells me far more about how I'm viewed than a moan from a vested interest. I respect you too, of course, in matters other than flob affairs. As for "wanting to see the site fail," dude! You have an EXTREMELY misplaced view of the importance I give to the flob.
sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)

28 Recommends(s)
199 Recognized(s)

Postby Cooperations » 27 Jul 2012, 10:12

Dr. McCoy wrote:Lewis Black has it right.

Really great video, I like this guy...though I fear for his heart health.

I hadn't seen the Romney ad... I find it amazing that a guy with his money can't hire actual actors to express outrage, lol. The whole thing came of as rehearsed and not sincere. "I..am..out.raged..." :lol: Mentos commercials are less cheesy
Forumosan avatar
Cooperations
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)

24 Recommends(s)
51 Recognized(s)

Postby Toe Save » 27 Jul 2012, 23:22

Whatever. My post got kudos from two of the people I respect most on this site, which tells me far more about how I'm viewed than a moan from a vested interest. I respect you too, of course, in matters other than flob affairs. As for "wanting to see the site fail," dude! You have an EXTREMELY misplaced view of the importance I give to the flob.

Whatever my vested interest be, you make people click. That is the end game of my interest, so my message here is not from that POV. More to the point would be my own guilty conscience over causing the mods so much trouble in the past. Chalk it up to the zeal of the newly anointed in that I was suggesting that we not second guess their every move with accusations of tealitishness.
Forumosan avatar
Toe Save

63 Recommends(s)
57 Recognized(s)

Postby SuperSneakyCow » 19 Aug 2012, 03:02

Mick wrote: angry

i resent that
SuperSneakyCow
Grasshopper (cǎo měng)

ORIGINAL POSTER
17 Recommends(s)
2 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Proceed to International Politics