New Bali Bomb

IP is the place for boisterous political discussion, but please remember, the Rules still apply, especially with regards to Personal Attacks. These and other inappropriate posts will be removed without notification.

Moderators: Mick, TheGingerMan

Forum rules
IP is the place for boisterous political discussion, but please remember, the Rules still apply, especially with regards to Personal Attacks. These and other inappropriate posts will be removed without notification.

Postby NeonNoodle » 31 Oct 2005, 20:18

Bali cleric sentence 'to be cut'

Even after the second attack? :roll: Are they that stupid? :loco:

Why don't they just admit that terrorism isn't a big deal to them.
Problems worthy of attack,
Prove their worth by fighting back.
Forumosan avatar
NeonNoodle
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)

1 Recommends(s)
4 Recognized(s)

Postby Comrade Stalin » 01 Nov 2005, 13:08

For those of you who haven't read the Koran and don't know that the month of Ramadan is ending.

From the Koran, Al-Tawba 9.5:

When the sacred months are over, slay the idolaters wherever you find them. Take them and confine them, then lie in ambush everywhere for them. If they repent and establish the prayer and pay the obligatory charity, let them go their way. Allah is Forgiving and the Most Merciful.

This is the Sura that was chanted at the end of the video of Nick Berg's beheading.
"I got very well acquainted with Joe Stalin, and I like old Joe! He is a decent fellow." - Harry Truman after the Potsdam Conference
Comrade Stalin
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)

4 Recognized(s)

Postby TainanCowboy » 01 Nov 2005, 13:12

Allahu FUBAR
"Pardon him, Theodotus; he is a barbarian and thinks that the customs of his tribe and island are the laws of nature" --- "Caesar and Cleopatra"...G.B. Shaw
-----
Kid Rock - Born Free
-----
"The big sisters are usually hot, but the dads smell of alcohol and tobacco....and have dirty feet with dead toe nails in blue slippers. "...Bob_Honest on "The Culture"
------
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes
------
Isaiah 40:31
Forumosan avatar
TainanCowboy
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

103 Recommends(s)
49 Recognized(s)

Postby Jaboney » 01 Nov 2005, 15:19

In the same spirit, Comrade Stalin, here's a passage concerning the first recorded "suicide bomber."

King James Bible: Judges 16 wrote:[23] Then the lords of the Philistines gathered them together for to offer a great sacrifice unto Dagon their god, and to rejoice: for they said, Our god hath delivered Samson our enemy into our hand.
[25] And it came to pass, when their hearts were merry, that they said, Call for Samson, that he may make us sport. And they called for Samson out of the prison house; and he made them sport: and they set him between the pillars.
[26] And Samson said unto the lad that held him by the hand, Suffer me that I may feel the pillars whereupon the house standeth, that I may lean upon them.
[27] Now the house was full of men and women; and all the lords of the Philistines were there; and there were upon the roof about three thousand men and women, that beheld while Samson made sport.
[28] And Samson called unto the LORD, and said, O Lord GOD, remember me, I pray thee, and strengthen me, I pray thee, only this once, O God, that I may be at once avenged of the Philistines for my two eyes.
[29] And Samson took hold of the two middle pillars upon which the house stood, and on which it was borne up, of the one with his right hand, and of the other with his left.
[30] And Samson said, Let me die with the Philistines. And he bowed himself with all his might; and the house fell upon the lords, and upon all the people that were therein. So the dead which he slew at his death were more than they which he slew in his life
Forumosan avatar
Jaboney
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

ORIGINAL POSTER
22 Recommends(s)
56 Recognized(s)

Postby Miranda » 01 Nov 2005, 15:27

Huang Guang Chen wrote:I agree it is horrible Miranda, but I really can't see much difference in the mindset in driving a carload of explosives into a market place to horrifically maim and murder countless innocents and lopping off a few schoolgirl heads. Really.

Well, there were plenty of people applauding IRA bombs at the time, but I don't think they'd have just as popular had they started hacking protestant schoolgirls' heads off. End result was still dead people, but I bet if you'd gone into a Boston bar collecting for the Irish Republican Sawing off Schoolgirls' Heads Fund you'd have met with a fairly poor response.
Forumosan avatar
Miranda
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

Postby Huang Guang Chen » 01 Nov 2005, 15:29

Agreed.

HG
Forumosan avatar
Huang Guang Chen
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

15 Recommends(s)
44 Recognized(s)

Postby Miranda » 01 Nov 2005, 15:30

Jaboney wrote:In the same spirit, Comrade Stalin, here's a passage concerning the first recorded "suicide bomber."

King James Bible: Judges 16 wrote:[23] Then the lords of the Philistines gathered them together for to offer a great sacrifice unto Dagon their god, and to rejoice: for they said, Our god hath delivered Samson our enemy into our hand.
[25] And it came to pass, when their hearts were merry, that they said, Call for Samson, that he may make us sport. And they called for Samson out of the prison house; and he made them sport: and they set him between the pillars.
[26] And Samson said unto the lad that held him by the hand, Suffer me that I may feel the pillars whereupon the house standeth, that I may lean upon them.
[27] Now the house was full of men and women; and all the lords of the Philistines were there; and there were upon the roof about three thousand men and women, that beheld while Samson made sport.
[28] And Samson called unto the LORD, and said, O Lord GOD, remember me, I pray thee, and strengthen me, I pray thee, only this once, O God, that I may be at once avenged of the Philistines for my two eyes.
[29] And Samson took hold of the two middle pillars upon which the house stood, and on which it was borne up, of the one with his right hand, and of the other with his left.
[30] And Samson said, Let me die with the Philistines. And he bowed himself with all his might; and the house fell upon the lords, and upon all the people that were therein. So the dead which he slew at his death were more than they which he slew in his life

Yeah, but Samson was clearly a bollix, and no-one made a religion out of following him. The piece from the Koran as quoted above is an exhortation to murder.
Forumosan avatar
Miranda

Postby jdsmith » 01 Nov 2005, 15:30

Jaboney wrote:In the same spirit, Comrade Stalin, here's a passage concerning the first recorded "suicide bomber."

Is this an argument for the sake of argument?? What's the point here??

Clearly, people do not appear to be quoting the Samson bit and following suit. Can the same be said of the Koran bit?

Face it, the Koran does inspire people to murder other people. And yes, once in a blue moon, some fundementalist Christian nutjob kills in the name of God. However, the former seems to far far outnumber the latter.
Your warning level: [1]
Forumosan avatar
jdsmith
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

56 Recognized(s)

Postby TainanCowboy » 01 Nov 2005, 15:39

Worst. Post. Ever.
"Pardon him, Theodotus; he is a barbarian and thinks that the customs of his tribe and island are the laws of nature" --- "Caesar and Cleopatra"...G.B. Shaw
-----
Kid Rock - Born Free
-----
"The big sisters are usually hot, but the dads smell of alcohol and tobacco....and have dirty feet with dead toe nails in blue slippers. "...Bob_Honest on "The Culture"
------
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes
------
Isaiah 40:31
Forumosan avatar
TainanCowboy
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

103 Recommends(s)
49 Recognized(s)

Postby cake » 01 Nov 2005, 16:23

MaPoSquid wrote:
Jaboney wrote:Finely stated. :bow:

I'd like to know what and who inspired such a horror, but these butchers are responsible for their deeds; them, and those--if any--who sent them hunting. Nobody else.

Yeah, right on, all nineteen terrorists died in the 9/11 attacks, therefore the U.S. had no reason or right to go after Osama bin Laden! :roll:

Group hug time.

All 19 alleged hijackers did not die.

'At least four of these hijackers are still alive. Saudi Arabian pilot Waleed Al Shehri ) was one of five men that the FBI said had deliberately crashed American Airlines flight 11 into the World Trade Centre on 11 September.

He told journalists there that he had nothing to do with the attacks on New York and Washington, and had been in Morocco when they happened. He has contacted both the Saudi and American authorities, according to Saudi press reports.

Other so called 'suicide hijackers' who have come forward to protest their innocence (being alive is a good enough alibi) are Abdulaziz Al Omari , Saeed Alghamdi and Khalid Al Midhar.'

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/ju ... stions.htm

And Usama Been Forgotten isn't wanted for anything that happened on 9/11 in the US.
But the mainstream media would like us to believe he is wanted for everything from causing earthquakes to online file sharing.

http://www.fbi.gov/mostwant/topten/fugitives/laden.htm
"War is just a racket. I helped make Mexico, safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefits of Wall Street. I helped purify Nicaragua for international banking in 1909-1912. In China I helped to see to it that Standard Oil went its way unmolested" - Major General Smedley Butler
http://lexrex.com/enlightened/articles/warisaracket.htm
cake
Gravel Truck Driver (suìshí chē sījī)
Gravel Truck Driver (suìshí chē sījī)

Location: Dubya - who has borrowed more $$$ than the previous 42 presidents combined
27 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Proceed to International Politics