Sanctuary being torn down. We need your help!!! - click here for details
You can also visit TheSanctuaryTaiwan.org - click here to go to their contact page

European Foreign Policy Sucks!!

IP is the place for boisterous political discussion, but please remember, the Rules still apply, especially with regards to Personal Attacks. These and other inappropriate posts will be removed without notification.

Moderators: Mick, TheGingerMan

Forum rules
IP is the place for boisterous political discussion, but please remember, the Rules still apply, especially with regards to Personal Attacks. These and other inappropriate posts will be removed without notification.

Postby nox » 08 Nov 2002, 15:51

I'm a cheese eating Belgian! Anything wrong with that?
But, we were (are) a small country with limited defence capabilities. Anything wrong with that?
nox

Postby Fruit beer » 08 Nov 2002, 15:54

Nox,

Nothing wrong with that at all - at least not with the cheese bit.
Fruit beer

Re: The other part of World War II

Postby Tigerman » 08 Nov 2002, 17:02

Juba wrote:
tigerman wrote:...legislation passed by the US and US policies aimed at Japan...caused Japan to attack the US at Pearl Harbor.

Tigerman - Are you Japanese? Perhaps you should change your name to Torahito 虎人. Tora! Tora! Tora! 虎虎虎

HaHa. No, I am not Japanese.

You asked for a difference and I pointed it out. I did not say that the Japanese attack was justified... I merely pointed out the reason that Japan attacked the US was because the US, via various policies aimed at the Japanese, was making it difficult for Japan to rape East Asia. Actually, that the Japanese attacked Pearl for the reason I cited is common knowledge, so I am a bit surprised at your above statement/inquiry.

Were you attempting to be funny?
As it is, we seem to regard it as a positive objection to a reasoner that he has taken one side or the other. We regard it (in other words) as a positive objection to a reasoner that he has contrived to reach the object of his reasoning. We call a man a bigot or a slave of dogma because he is a thinker who has thought thoroughly and to a definite end.

Forumosan avatar
Tigerman
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

257 Recommends(s)
188 Recognized(s)

Postby Tigerman » 08 Nov 2002, 17:21

nox wrote:I'm a cheese eating Belgian! Anything wrong with that?
But, we were (are) a small country with limited defence capabilities. Anything wrong with that?

Nothing wrong with having limited defense capabilities. How could there be? Anyone say there was?

There are 2 major American Cemeteries in Belgium, where American WWII military personnel are buried. There are 7,989 US soldiers buried at the HENRI-CHAPELLE American CEMETERY and 5,328 US soldiers buried at the ARDENNES American CEMETERY in Belgium.

It would be nice, therefor, if Belgium could be a bit more vocally supportive of the US now that the US is attempting to protect itself.
As it is, we seem to regard it as a positive objection to a reasoner that he has taken one side or the other. We regard it (in other words) as a positive objection to a reasoner that he has contrived to reach the object of his reasoning. We call a man a bigot or a slave of dogma because he is a thinker who has thought thoroughly and to a definite end.

Forumosan avatar
Tigerman
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

257 Recommends(s)
188 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Proceed to International Politics