Click here to go to our new forums at http://tw.forumosa.com
If you are a Forumosan Regular, when you log in for the FIRST TIME, you must RESET your password by using the Password Recovery system.

Usernames on the new forums must not contain any SPACES and must end with LETTER or a NUMBER; if yours does, you will be prompted to change your Username
Contact us at admin(at)forumosa(dot)com or @forumosa on Twitter or on our Facebook Page if you have any questions or problems logging back in

The John Edwards' story

IP is the place for boisterous political discussion, but please remember, the Rules still apply, especially with regards to Personal Attacks. These and other inappropriate posts will be removed without notification.

Moderator: Mick

Forum rules
IP is the place for boisterous political discussion, but please remember, the Rules still apply, especially with regards to Personal Attacks. These and other inappropriate posts will be removed without notification.

Re: The John Edwards' story

Postby Okami » 15 Jan 2010, 14:20

That was almost accurate, but the story actually ravages Elizabeth Edwards as a real bitch, like when she threatens to cut all health benefits over a conference call till hers are secured despite her and her husband being incredibly rich.

Edwards became an egomaniac along with his wife and Hunter played on John's meglomania to get him into bed and impreganted with a child. Other democrats knew what was up and so the effort went out to find someone more suitable and hence a relative lightweight senator from IL was chosen.
Professor Walter Williams has remarked that he’s glad he went to college “before it became fashionable for white people to like black people.”
Okami
KTV Is My Life (jiùshì ài chàng KTV)

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Postby Jaboney » 15 Jan 2010, 14:49

Okami wrote:...and so the effort went out to find someone more suitable and hence a relative lightweight senator from IL was chosen.

And how's that working out so far?

Yglesias wrote:CQ Study Shows Obama’s Legislative Strategy is Working
Congressional Quarterly concludes that whether or not Obama’s relatively low-key approach is antagonizing his core supporters, it seems to be working:

In his first year in office, President Obama did better even than legendary arm-twister Lyndon Johnson in winning congressional votes on issues where he took a position, a Congressional Quarterly study finds.

The new CQ study gives Obama a higher mark than any other president since it began scoring presidential success rates in Congress more than five decades ago. And that was in a year where Obama tackled how to deal with Afghanistan, Iraq, an expanding terrorist threat, the economic crisis and battles over health care.
The fools! Picking that lightweight nobody. Fell right into the well-laid trap. Muuuhahahahaa, ha, ha,... argh. drats, foiled again.

NPR article
Jaboney
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

Postby TainanCowboy » 15 Jan 2010, 14:51

"low key"....LOLOLOLOL!

Obozo was absent or voted present 85 % of the time.

Prop up a manequin and get more legislative response....LOL!
"Pardon him, Theodotus; he is a barbarian and thinks that the customs of his tribe and island are the laws of nature" --- "Caesar and Cleopatra"...G.B. Shaw
-----
Kid Rock - Born Free
-----
"The big sisters are usually hot, but the dads smell of alcohol and tobacco....and have dirty feet with dead toe nails in blue slippers. "...Bob_Honest on "The Culture"
------
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes
------
Isaiah 40:31
TainanCowboy
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

Postby Elegua » 15 Jan 2010, 15:01

TainanCowboy wrote:"low key"....LOLOLOLOL!

Obozo was absent or voted present 85 % of the time.

Prop up a manequin and get more legislative response....LOL!

Seems he's been present as president. May just come out with the most accomplished as a first year president.
Pleasant it is, when over a great sea the winds trouble the waters, to gaze from shore upon another's great tribulation

"Lord, we ain't what we oughta be. We ain't what we want to be. We ain't what we gonna be. But, thank God, we ain't what we was."
Elegua
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)

Postby Okami » 15 Jan 2010, 15:46

I'm not getting it, What has he accomplished this year? Stimulus bill and ???????
Professor Walter Williams has remarked that he’s glad he went to college “before it became fashionable for white people to like black people.”
Okami

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Postby Jaboney » 15 Jan 2010, 15:57

:lol:

Big ticket items only, how about
Health care?
Retooled defense spending?
Jaboney
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

Postby Okami » 15 Jan 2010, 16:43

Health Care? Are you serious or are you taking the piss out of me. I want to be sure if too many hockey pucks have hit you in the head or not. I'll bet you a Lunch with drinks at Yuma's on a Sunday health care DOES NOT get passed and signed into law by the end of February. The health care bill is KIA which will become terribly apparent for us in Taiwan on Jan 20th.

Retooled defense spending? How so? I would love to here this one.

I can't wait to hear what the small ticket items are.
Okami

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Postby Elegua » 15 Jan 2010, 17:08

Jaboney wrote::lol:

Big ticket items only, how about
Health care?
Retooled defense spending?

Afghanistan....Education....
Pleasant it is, when over a great sea the winds trouble the waters, to gaze from shore upon another's great tribulation

"Lord, we ain't what we oughta be. We ain't what we want to be. We ain't what we gonna be. But, thank God, we ain't what we was."
Elegua

Postby Jaboney » 15 Jan 2010, 17:10

Okami wrote:Health Care? Are you serious or are you taking the piss out of me. I want to be sure if too many hockey pucks have hit you in the head or not.
One did knock me unconscious and leave me bleeding on the ice during a major tournie. Fortunately the damage was slight and I didn't wake up a conservative ideologue. Now, I don't know if you're having a bad week or what, but please, knock off the ad hominem attacks and petty digs.

Okami wrote:I'll bet you a Lunch with drinks at Yuma's on a Sunday health care DOES NOT get passed and signed into law by the end of February. The health care bill is KIA which will become terribly apparent for us in Taiwan on Jan 20th.
I'm close to hoping that it doesn't get passed, weak-kneed, watered down, piss-poor excuse for reform that it is. Wouldn't want to bet against my interest.

Okami wrote:Retooled defense spending? How so? I would love to here this one.

I can't wait to hear what the small ticket items are.

Wired wrote:At a speech today in Chicago, Secretary of Defense Robert Gates lashed out at members of Congress, at the “defense and aerospace industry,” and at the “institutional military itself” for trying to keep ultra-expensive, often-useless weapons programs in the Pentagon budget. It’s just not right, he said, while the country is fighting two wars in which such gear is clearly not required.

“The grim reality is that with regard to the budget we have entered a zero-sum game. Every defense dollar diverted to fund excess or unneeded capacity… is a dollar that will be unavailable to take care of our people, to win the wars we are in, to deter potential adversaries, and to improve capabilities in areas where America is underinvested and potentially vulnerable. That is a risk that I will not take and one that I cannot accept,” he said.

Gates took particular aim at proponents of the futuristic, $250 million-a-pop F-22 stealth dogfighter. Senior military leaders all say they have plenty of the planes, to ward off any potential foe. Congress keeps trying to force the Pentagon to pay for more — despite the threat of a Presidential veto of any defense bill which contains more F-22 cash. It’s typical, he observed, of a Beltway process that keeps defense programs going forever, regardless of their military value. It’s exactly why Gates’ largely common sense overhaul of the Pentagon’s arsenal is, in its own way, so radical.

“If we can’t bring ourselves to make this tough but straightforward decision – reflecting the judgment of two very different presidents, two different secretaries of defense, two chairmen of the joint chiefs of staff, and the current Air Force Secretary and Chief of Staff, where do we draw the line? And if not now, when? If we can’t get this right – what on earth can we get right? It is time to draw the line on doing Defense business as usual. The President has drawn that line. And that red line with regard to a veto is real.
That vote, too, went Obama's way.
I've got a lot of work to take care of, so I'll leave it there and await your acknowledgement. Have a good weekend.

Oh, would you prefer this?

Jaboney
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

Postby Mother Theresa » 17 Jan 2010, 11:56

Wow, that Edwards article was quite a read. Well written and full of drama. The deluded egomaniac (reminds me of Rod Blagojevich: moral crimes more than legal ones, but the same monumental, blinding arrogance), the crazy bitch (I had no idea till now) and the wacky temptress. Amazing how fame and apparent power are so fickle and can disappear completely in an instant. I almost feel sorry for the schmuck, though he's still got tens of millions of dollars, so I don't quite. And I do wonder if he finally got the lesson, recognized that it's his own damned fault, that he was an idiot and blew it badly due to his own stupidity.

Smutty book, though. I don't dispute that the story's probably mostly true, or that it was important news, but it seems interesting and appropriate that it broke in National Enquirer (infamous trashy gossip rag rather than a reputable news source), because I was almost embarrassed reading such nasty, intimate details of their lives. More a study in psychological deviants than in politics.
"The internet is a monster over which we have no control. We can’t even turn it off." Jeremy Clarkson
Mother Theresa
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Return to International Politics