I need to create my own paypal account and tie it to my Taiwan bank account.

A resource forum for those interested in buying, selling, or developing a business; for questions about retirement plans; investing and basically any aspect of acquiring, keeping and increasing one's personal stash of filthy lucre.

Moderator: Charlie Phillips

I need to create my own paypal account and tie it to my Taiwan bank account.

Postby enn » 16 Jul 2011, 12:34

I need to create my own paypal account and tie it to my Taiwan bank account and debit card. But when I go to Taiwan paypal website and ask for English, it shunts me over to the paypal USA which won't allow me to key in my bank account routing and number. That is to say, paypal USA won't accept a foreign bank account.

Can someone send me the link for Taiwan paypal in English?
Forumosan avatar
enn
Breakfast Store Laoban (zǎocān diàn lǎobǎn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
3 Recognized(s)

Re: I need to create my own paypal account and tie it to my Taiwan bank account.

Postby riceworm » 17 Jul 2011, 12:23

http://www.PayPal.com.tw (Delete your browser's PayPal cookies first.)
riceworm
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

12 Recommends(s)
3 Recognized(s)

Re: I need to create my own paypal account and tie it to my Taiwan bank account.

Postby Loretta » 18 Jul 2011, 07:12

I just looked at the actual URL I use, and it's paypal.com/tw

On the top right of the screen, if I'm not logged in, is a Taiwan flag and the words "Taiwan (English)."

Clicking on that gives me the option to select country and language.
Loretta
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)

56 Recommends(s)
65 Recognized(s)

Postby enn » 18 Jul 2011, 15:18

Thanks so much; that was easy.

1.Paypal requests Bank code for Cathay United Bank which is 013, but it's not used as part of the routing for INTERNATIONAL $ wire: UWCBTWTP034

2.Paypal requests 4 digit Branch code, which is 0349. Yet Cathay United says branch code is for use inside Taiwan only.

Question: If you have set up your paypal account, did you experience this same confusion?
Forumosan avatar
enn

ORIGINAL POSTER
3 Recognized(s)

Postby trubadour » 18 Jul 2011, 17:24

i set mine up using my 'smart' phone in the bank. saved me loads of hassle as the guy behind the counter knew all the numbers and stuff.
trubadour
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)

114 Recommends(s)
15 Recognized(s)

Postby trubadour » 18 Jul 2011, 17:26

enn wrote:Thanks so much; that was easy.

1.Paypal requests Bank code for Cathay United Bank which is 013, but it's not used as part of the routing for INTERNATIONAL $ wire: UWCBTWTP034

2.Paypal requests 4 digit Branch code, which is 0349. Yet Cathay United says branch code is for use inside Taiwan only.

Question: If you have set up your paypal account, did you experience this same confusion?

Are you trying to transfer money from your bank account to your PayPal account? If you are, give up now as it is not possible.
trubadour

114 Recommends(s)
15 Recognized(s)

Postby enn » 18 Jul 2011, 17:35

No, I'm not. I want to transfer funds from paypal account to bank account.
Forumosan avatar
enn

ORIGINAL POSTER
3 Recognized(s)

Re: Re: I need to create my own paypal account and tie it to my Taiwan bank account.

Postby cfimages » 18 Jul 2011, 18:44

trubadour wrote:
enn wrote:Thanks so much; that was easy.

Are you trying to transfer money from your bank account to your PayPal account? If you are, give up now as it is not possible.

I thought they opened it up recently so you could. I have long been able to do it from my Taishin debit card but I'm sure I heard it now worked for regular accounts too.
Forumosan avatar
cfimages
Golden Lotus (huángjīn liánhuā)

184 Recommends(s)
187 Recognized(s)

Postby trubadour » 20 Jul 2011, 10:13

U.S. bank account, any Debit card, yes. Bank transfer from Taiwanese bank account to PayPal Taiwan, no. :fume:
trubadour

114 Recommends(s)
15 Recognized(s)

Postby cfimages » 20 Jul 2011, 23:28

I just checked mine and was able to add a regular Chinatrust bank account to it. The account itself has no visa debit type features at all, it's a plain ATM card and passbook. I logged into Paypal via paypal.com not paypal.com.tw.
Forumosan avatar
cfimages

184 Recommends(s)
187 Recognized(s)

Next

Return to Money