Sanctuary being torn down. We need your help!!! - click here for details
You can also visit TheSanctuaryTaiwan.org - click here to go to their contact page

Payment Options between Private Parties for Small Goods? Help!

A resource forum for those interested in buying, selling, or developing a business; for questions about retirement plans; investing and basically any aspect of acquiring, keeping and increasing one's personal stash of filthy lucre.

Moderator: Charlie Phillips

Payment Options between Private Parties for Small Goods? Help!

Postby Taiwan_Student » 21 Sep 2011, 13:37

I want to have a few things sent to me from Taipei. I'm not sure the person who will be able to send me the stuff is familiar with the payment options in Taiwan. Neither am I.

What's the best way for small personal transactions (300NT - 2,000NT) ? COD? Money order? Bank Transfer. If anyone has the experience, please let know the steps both parties should take and the relevant charges. Thanks.
Taiwan_Student
I'm posting like Shakespeare (1564~1616)
I'm posting like Shakespeare (1564~1616)

ORIGINAL POSTER
24 Recommends(s)
11 Recognized(s)

Re: Payment options between private parties for small goods? Help

Postby PigBloodCake » 21 Sep 2011, 14:02

Money transfer via ATM is your best bet. It only cost $10-17 for interbank transfer and free if both of you have accounts at the same bank.
Life is a bitch and death is her sister.

I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.
PigBloodCake
Sidewalk Geomancer (lù biān suàn mìng tān)
Sidewalk Geomancer (lù biān suàn mìng tān)

9 Recommends(s)
27 Recognized(s)

Re: Payment options between private parties for small goods? Help

Postby llary » 23 Sep 2011, 13:16

7-11 have a COD service where you can send stuff between 7-11s and pay on arrival. I used it a few times when buying stuff but I'm not sure how it actually works for sending. When I used it for auction purchases it was around $70-$100 including delivery. Chinese for COD is 貨到付款 huo4 dao4 fu4 kuan3.
llary
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)

29 Recognized(s)

Re: Payment Options between Private Parties for Small Goods? Help!

Postby kevinsang01212 » 31 Mar 2012, 09:04

You could use Paypal if you are not in Taiwan.

Kevin
Gaming, Application Development, Android, Iphone. 3D Visualization

http://www.uncagedgaming.com
email: kevin@uncagedgaming.com

We are International developer with International quality and we only take International quality clients.
Forumosan avatar
kevinsang01212
I'll be at 99 Ranch Market (wǒ jiāng huì zài dà huá chāo shì)

1 Recommends(s)
2 Recognized(s)

Re: Payment Options between Private Parties for Small Goods? Help!

Postby TainanCowboy » 31 Mar 2012, 09:21

The Post Office works very well for this.
Either a money transfer via a Post Office account or just wrap the money in several sheets of paper, put it in an envelope and send it via 'Registered Mail'...which is really cheap.

I use the Post Office account money transfer thing quite often for things like this.
Its usually available next bidness day...about 98% of the time.
"Pardon him, Theodotus; he is a barbarian and thinks that the customs of his tribe and island are the laws of nature" --- "Caesar and Cleopatra"...G.B. Shaw
-----
Kid Rock - Born Free
-----
"The big sisters are usually hot, but the dads smell of alcohol and tobacco....and have dirty feet with dead toe nails in blue slippers. "...Bob_Honest on "The Culture"
------
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes
------
Isaiah 40:31
Forumosan avatar
TainanCowboy
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

103 Recommends(s)
49 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Money