Business cards from Photoshop

A resource forum for those interested in buying, selling, or developing a business; for questions about retirement plans; investing and basically any aspect of acquiring, keeping and increasing one's personal stash of filthy lucre.

Moderator: Charlie Phillips

Re: Business cards from Photoshop

Postby Steviebike » 22 Feb 2012, 00:14

Good sir, it's been a pleasure to argue, wind-up and talk shit with. I have a lot of time for printing. Will take you up on that offer some day. You made my evening, I haven't talked print in sometime :)

Cheers!
Just checking but you're a South African Engrish Teachur right? No. I'm a Russian nuclear physicist.
Forumosan avatar
Steviebike
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)

70 Recommends(s)
80 Recognized(s)

Postby silmanor » 22 Feb 2012, 07:30

OP here. Looks like we got a much more lively discussion started than I had initially anticipated. I must admit my ignorance regarding professional printing, as I have had no prior experience in the technicalities of it.

The cards in Photoshop *look* amazing, but if they won't turn out well, then that's the bottom line. Unfortunately, I am not familiar with Illustrator, and currently had as my other option Word, which clearly is an inferior choice.

I guess my questions now are two; 1) how can I know if I will get 300dpi at the shop, and 2) will it in fact look good if they can print at that resolution. Firsthand experience is most appreciated - conjectures be damned!! ^^
silmanor
Càiniǎo
Càiniǎo

ORIGINAL POSTER
1 Recommends(s)

Postby Steviebike » 22 Feb 2012, 10:21

Hi OP.

Sorry my fault. Ilary is correct in what he is saying. The text will look 'fuzzy' compared to text on 99.9% of other peoples business cards. It depends how much you care about that.

You can eliminate to a certain extent by; using only black for the text, use a san-serif font like Helvetica, keep above 10pt on text.

I looked for the templates in my version of PS and I didn't see them so can't comment on them. They should already be set-up at 300dpi. You can check by going to: Image (menu bar)>Image Size. This will bring up a dialogue box. Check the document sizes are correct and the resolution is 300 dpi. If they're not, don't try and make it 300dpi, this will only exasperate the problem.

I really think you're going to find yourself in a world of pain. There are other options that might be better suited. I could do you a quick and cheap one in Ai that you could then pass on to a printer (PM if you are interested).

There are many online printers that supply the template, you could try that. Depending on your Chinese you can also get the printers to put it together for you.
Just checking but you're a South African Engrish Teachur right? No. I'm a Russian nuclear physicist.
Forumosan avatar
Steviebike

70 Recommends(s)
80 Recognized(s)

Postby ichbinjenny » 14 Jun 2012, 19:57

ichbinjenny
Chinese Class Dropout (Zhōngwén kè zhōngchuòshēng)
Chinese Class Dropout (Zhōngwén kè zhōngchuòshēng)

29 Recommends(s)
7 Recognized(s)

Postby westaleta » 15 Nov 2012, 15:08

I use CardFila.com to collect all business cards on iPhone because it is so easy to collect, find and use any contact at any time.
You can access the contacts everywhere without Internet connection by using CardFila for Mobile (iPhone or Android phones). I also can do this on Android, computer, laptop. As I know, they will award 100 free coins for accounts registered within Nov 2012!
westaleta
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Proceed to Money