Which Taiwanese debit cards offer free travel insurance?

A resource forum for those interested in buying, selling, or developing a business; for questions about retirement plans; investing and basically any aspect of acquiring, keeping and increasing one's personal stash of filthy lucre.

Moderator: Charlie Phillips

Postby Xenon » 24 May 2012, 08:34

Dear everybody,

I have been searching on this forum on travel insurance on debit cards but haven't found any threads, hope you can help me!

I come from Sweden and will spend at least two years in Taiwan studying a master degree at NTU. In Sweden, travel insurance comes with many VISA/MasterCard for free. I have used this insurance when my baggage was delayed and also when I missed my connecting flight, and I'm very satisfied with my current cards insurance. BUT, my cards insurance only covers trips FROM the Nordic countries, and thus not if I travel from Taiwan to Hong Kong/Japan/South Korea, etc.

Here is an example of incidents that one of my card's free insurance covers (there is no deductible on the amounts):

Cancellation coverage ------ 124,000 TWD
Baggage delay --------------- 8500 TWD after 6 hours, 21,000 TWD after 48 hours
Arrival delay ----------------- 3000 TWD after 6 hours, 7500 after 24 hours
Missed connecting flight --- 41,000 TWD
Deductible elimination ----- 41,000 TWD (on house, apartment, car rental, etc.)

Xenon
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

ORIGINAL POSTER

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Money