100k. What would you do with it?

A resource forum for those interested in buying, selling, or developing a business; for questions about retirement plans; investing and basically any aspect of acquiring, keeping and increasing one's personal stash of filthy lucre.

Moderator: Charlie Phillips

Postby lumka1 » 27 May 2012, 05:11

If you get a cash windfall of NT$100 000, what would you do with it to maximize your investment?
“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit…what a ride!’” ~Hunter S. Thompson
Forumosan avatar
lumka1
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)

ORIGINAL POSTER
3 Recognized(s)

Re: 100k. What would you do with it?

Postby baberenglish » 27 May 2012, 08:25

That's not a lot of money. Hard to do something with that. Except-Invest in yourself.
Save it-You will need it down the road for something. Life always finds ways to make you use it.
Pay off some credit card debt.
Take a trip.
Buy some furniture.
Fix your car/scooter.
Buy something that you need.
You could always invest it in my scheme, grand master plan, it's called freedom 45.
Forumosan avatar
baberenglish
High School Triad Member (gāozhōng liúmáng)
High School Triad Member (gāozhōng liúmáng)

13 Recognized(s)

Postby jimipresley » 27 May 2012, 08:28

I'd go down the 7 and buy a beer or two. Hell, if I had such a dramatic windfall, I may even buy a SIX-PACK!
You can live here and have a great life and not be the least bit into living the local life. Clowns will try to diss you for it saying you gotta get down with the program, but fuck em, treat this place like a buffet and yous be on a diet. Take what you want and nothing extra, slam those oysters, but leave the bread sticks and dinner rolls behind. - Deuce Dropper

I'm much more of a nasty rotter in real life, especially with vapid or vacuous verbiage from the ill read & intellectually challenged. - TheGingerMan

Don't be a cheap cunt. - Deuce Dropper
Forumosan avatar
jimipresley
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

939 Recommends(s)
354 Recognized(s)

Postby headhonchoII » 27 May 2012, 08:41

Throw in a pack of Lays and have a REAL celebration.
I can remember the fourth of July runnin' through the backwood bare.
And I can still hear my old hound dog barkin' chasin' down a hoodoo there
Chasin' down a hoodoo there.

This post was recommended by trubadour (27 May 2012, 12:54)
Rating: 5.88%
headhonchoII
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1474 Recommends(s)
551 Recognized(s)

Postby jimipresley » 27 May 2012, 08:51

headhonchoII wrote:Throw in a pack of Lays and have a REAL celebration.

What's a pack of Lays without a tea egg? Live it up! Carpe diem!
You can live here and have a great life and not be the least bit into living the local life. Clowns will try to diss you for it saying you gotta get down with the program, but fuck em, treat this place like a buffet and yous be on a diet. Take what you want and nothing extra, slam those oysters, but leave the bread sticks and dinner rolls behind. - Deuce Dropper

I'm much more of a nasty rotter in real life, especially with vapid or vacuous verbiage from the ill read & intellectually challenged. - TheGingerMan

Forumosan avatar
jimipresley
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

939 Recommends(s)
354 Recognized(s)

Postby housecat » 27 May 2012, 09:08

Okay, all you wealthy bast--ions of the internet can take your hundred Gs to the local Seven. I'm interested in what a real answer might look like, and I be the OP is, too. He's asking, after all, because he knows it's not much and wants to make it grow. Seems like a fair, intelligent question to me.
Forumosan avatar
housecat
Almost a God (jīhū shì shén)

95 Recommends(s)
113 Recognized(s)

Postby jimipresley » 27 May 2012, 09:12

Alright. You want an "intelligent" answer? If I had a paltry 100k disposable, I'd get on a plane and visit my parents for a month and spoil them rotten.

Forumosan avatar
jimipresley
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

939 Recommends(s)
354 Recognized(s)

Postby Battery9 » 27 May 2012, 09:15

I've never had that much money in my life. So I'd probably cry. I will spend 30 000 on gadgets, give 10 000 to each parent and save the rest.
Battery9
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)

24 Recognized(s)

Postby housecat » 27 May 2012, 09:17

Fixed my intelligent typo for you, Jimmy. What's your problem, anyway? A trip home to spoil your parents sounds like a sweet thing to do, and possibly a great idea for you just about now. I hope you get to do it.

Never mind. That's Spanish. Just never mind,
Forumosan avatar
housecat

95 Recommends(s)
113 Recognized(s)

Postby jimipresley » 27 May 2012, 09:27

I didn't see a typo, housecat.

I've been in Taiwan for 11 years, and each year I have gone back to visit my parents and spoil them rotten. For the last two years, I have, unfortunately, due to financial constraints, not been able to. During that time, my father has had a stroke, and is suffering from skin cancer. My Mum had a heart attack. So yeah. If I had a disposable 100k, it's a no-brainer.

This post was recommended by annually in KHH (03 Jan 2013, 16:39)
Rating: 5.88%
Forumosan avatar
jimipresley
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

939 Recommends(s)
354 Recognized(s)

Next

x

Return to Money