Low risk investments for those with little time/interest?

A resource forum for those interested in buying, selling, or developing a business; for questions about retirement plans; investing and basically any aspect of acquiring, keeping and increasing one's personal stash of filthy lucre.

Moderator: Charlie Phillips

Re: Low risk investments for those with little time/interest?

Postby engerim » 04 Mar 2010, 15:52

headhonchoII wrote:You know, you are probably right. Could they be the next GE of the technological world?

I think Google is too expensive right now. If it will correct it would be 20-30%.
Don't know how far it can still go but the extreme high market capitalisation looks dangerous.
I bought Ford when it was ~8 USD last year. Pretty happy with it.
I always look at the PER and Price/Book value.
An equivalent to Google (that actually makes money) in the technology sector and that performs nicely the past years is VMWARE.
Forumosan avatar
engerim
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)

8 Recommends(s)
16 Recognized(s)

Postby Jive Turkey » 04 Mar 2010, 16:16

Internet discussion forums on which posters claim to know better than the market what a stock should be priced at, or what a stock will do in the future, are an endless source of entertainment. :lol: Good luck boys.
Jive Turkey
Immune to Breathalizers (jiǔ cèce bù chūlái)
Immune to Breathalizers (jiǔ cèce bù chūlái)

19 Recognized(s)

Postby engerim » 04 Mar 2010, 16:35

Jive Turkey wrote:Internet discussion forums on which posters claim to know better than the market what a stock should be priced at, or what a stock will do in the future, are an endless source of entertainment. :lol: Good luck boys.

Thanks. Yes, luck is always needed if there are too many factors :lol:
Forumosan avatar
engerim

8 Recommends(s)
16 Recognized(s)

Re: Low risk investments for those with little time/interest

Postby Enigma » 26 Sep 2010, 16:00

Chewycorns wrote:Huge ore deposits. Backed up by Tata company in India. Won't see production for a few more years, but has huge potential...I bought in quite low here and have been riding the wave.

I certainly back Chewy up on TATA, NYSE. They are really on a ride. I'm not much of "daytrader" because of distance and fees but I did buy in a few months ago and watch it daily. I am predicting continual rise with a dip here and there. Now that they bought Jaguar, with a newly designed model, it will continue. Check out the charts and info. :discodance:
Enigma
Time to Marry a Local (gāi qǔ tái wān lǎo pó jià tái wān lǎo gōng liǎo)
Time to Marry a Local (gāi qǔ tái wān lǎo pó jià tái wān lǎo gōng liǎo)

15 Recommends(s)
10 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Proceed to Money