where can i exchange my Australian$ to TWD?

A resource forum for those interested in buying, selling, or developing a business; for questions about retirement plans; investing and basically any aspect of acquiring, keeping and increasing one's personal stash of filthy lucre.

Moderator: Charlie Phillips

where can i exchange my Australian$ to TWD?

Postby kent11 » 06 Nov 2010, 01:25

ill be in taipei end of this year, anyone know which bank buys AUD (australian dollar) ? I was told that most banks (fubon, etc) dont exchange AUD ... is this true?
thanks
hungry >:-0 'nom nom'
kent11
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

ORIGINAL POSTER

Re: where can i exchange my Australian$ to TWD?

Postby Mucha Man » 06 Nov 2010, 01:34

If you have a bank card you can just withdraw money here and the exchange will be done by your bank.

Or will you be carrying cash?
“Everywhere else in the world is also really old” said Prof. Liu, a renowned historian at Beijing University. “We always learn that China has 5000 years of cultural heritage, and that therefore we are very special. It appears that other places also have some of this heritage stuff. And are also old. Like, really old.”

http://hikingintaiwan.blogspot.com/
Forumosan avatar
Mucha Man
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

802 Recognized(s)

Postby Charlie Phillips » 06 Nov 2010, 01:39

kent11 wrote:ill be in taipei end of this year, anyone know which bank buys AUD (australian dollar) ? I was told that most banks (fubon, etc) dont exchange AUD ... is this true?
thanks

Just change it at the airport.
"Why do you want gas? It's hot. You can have cold showers" ~gas delivery man height of summer, 2010.

"Why you wear so many clothes? You are foreigner. Foreign countries are cold." buxiban owner, depth of winter 2011.
Forumosan avatar
Charlie Phillips
Mahjong Maniac (májiàng mí)
Mahjong Maniac (májiàng mí)

84 Recommends(s)
164 Recognized(s)
In Taiwan since: 23 Mar 2003

Postby maunaloa » 06 Nov 2010, 01:42

ATM (cash) card, at least as a backup.
maunaloa
Martyr's Shrine Guard (zhōngliècí wèibīng)
Martyr's Shrine Guard (zhōngliècí wèibīng)

17 Recommends(s)
8 Recognized(s)

Postby kent11 » 06 Nov 2010, 02:04

Muzha Man wrote:If you have a bank card you can just withdraw money here and the exchange will be done by your bank.

Or will you be carrying cash?

I have booked hotel etc with credit card... i just dont like all the fees like the fee the credit card charges+ home bank fees+ the taiwan banks fees etc i dunno theres heaps of fees

i will just have some cash AUD in my bag I want to just walk in taiwan bank once landed and exchange my money to TWD... ?
hungry >:-0 'nom nom'
kent11

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby Mucha Man » 06 Nov 2010, 02:07

At the airport. No problem.
“Everywhere else in the world is also really old” said Prof. Liu, a renowned historian at Beijing University. “We always learn that China has 5000 years of cultural heritage, and that therefore we are very special. It appears that other places also have some of this heritage stuff. And are also old. Like, really old.”

http://hikingintaiwan.blogspot.com/
Forumosan avatar
Mucha Man
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

802 Recognized(s)

Postby pqkdzrwt » 06 Nov 2010, 04:45

The airport is the best place, there are exchanges all over the place in the airport.

In my experience, you can get it done at banks but the main problem is that the banks that do it are harder to find, and if you do one, their english skills make it difficult to deal with them in many cases.
Never wrestle with a pig—you get dirty and the pig likes it
pqkdzrwt
Scooter Commuter (qí jī chē shàng xià bān)
Scooter Commuter (qí jī chē shàng xià bān)

4 Recommends(s)
18 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Money