Did Tsai need to resign DPP leadership and will she be back?

Topics related to Taiwan and Taiwan/China issues can be discussed here. Threads dealing with Taiwan's history belong in the Culture & History thread. Please do not post articles - use links instead. Quoted sources should be limited to one paragraph in length, or less. If you see a post that you feel is against the rules, please send a report to the moderators so we can look into it

Moderator: TheGingerMan

Forum rules
Threads dealing with Taiwan's history belong in the Culture & History thread. Please do not post articles - use links instead. Quoted sources should be limited to one paragraph in length, or less. If you see a post that you feel is against the rules, you can send a report to the moderators so we can look into it

Re: Did Tsai need to resign DPP leadership and will she be back?

Postby sam_wong » 17 Jan 2012, 00:09

But real mystery in election is why Mr Soong say he run but only pretend.
Mr Soong only pretend is obvious because vice president he is crazy man.
Anyone can see him crazy.
So maybe KMT give big money Mr Soong for him pick crazy man and not take 10% votes same same before.
I think good "conspiracy", better more than "Who shot JFK?"
sam_wong
Breakfast Store Laoban (zǎocān diàn lǎobǎn)
Breakfast Store Laoban (zǎocān diàn lǎobǎn)

28 Recognized(s)

Postby FurTrader » 17 Jan 2012, 04:48

sam_wong wrote:But real mystery in election is why Mr Soong say he run but only pretend.
So maybe KMT give big money Mr Soong for him pick crazy man and not take 10% votes same same before.

Not as crazy as the people who actually voted for Soong.... that's all I'm gonna say. :D

Back to Tsai, does anybody the reason that she is still single?

As a matter of personal preference, I do not ever vote for candidates who are single.
(i.e. unmarried man or woman, excluding those whose spouses are deceased, of course)
FurTrader
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

12 Recognized(s)

Postby fruitloop » 17 Jan 2012, 05:43

FurTrader wrote:
sam_wong wrote:But real mystery in election is why Mr Soong say he run but only pretend.

Not as crazy as the people who actually voted for Soong.... that's all I'm gonna say. :D

Back to Tsai, does anybody the reason that she is still single?

As a matter of personal preference, I do not ever vote for candidates who are single.
(i.e. unmarried man or woman, excluding those whose are deceased, of course)

There has been speculation, but I wouldn't want to dignify it. Perhaps she is just too dedicated to public life to find time for a private life. Perhaps she likes being single, or perhaps she's been genuinely unlucky in not bumping into the right person for no particular reason - there is a lot of luck in life.

I too have a prejudice against deceased candidates. Something about them gives me the creeps and I'm not sure they are capable of understanding or representing the needs of the living.

Judge her on her stated policies and your perception of her judgement calls.
"Only the Chinese Communist party comes close to the British Conservatives in its understanding of power – and its capacity to hold and keep it."

"Bunk beds are cool. A bed with a ladder. You can’t beat that."

http://toby-the-ex-ex-pat.blogspot.com/
Forumosan avatar
fruitloop
Fried Chicken-Parts Vendor (yán sū jī xiǎofàn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
2 Recommends(s)
2 Recognized(s)

Did Tsai need to resign DPP leadership and will she be back?

Postby headhonchoII » 17 Jan 2012, 14:55

Who cares what her orientation is.

Anybody see the news about Soongs aide who got paid 300000ntd but had to give up his American passport to run in the election? Now he is stuck in Taiwan until the visa free when he says he will go back to the US where his family lives. He was complaining about soong ignoring him and wasting his time for just 300,000 votes. Bizarre stuff. I believe Soong spends a lot or most of his time in the US too where his family lives but the media didn't seem to question him on this either. This would explain why he only seems to pop up around election time. I don't know if it's true or not, it's just what I heard.
I can remember the fourth of July runnin' through the backwood bare.
And I can still hear my old hound dog barkin' chasin' down a hoodoo there
Chasin' down a hoodoo there.
headhonchoII
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1307 Recommends(s)
504 Recognized(s)

Postby fruitloop » 17 Jan 2012, 20:05

headhonchoII wrote:I believe Soong spends a lot or most of his time in the US too where his family lives but the media didn't seem to question him on this either. This would explain why he only seems to pop up around election time.

I agree. His orientation matters. Or is that occidentation? It is relative, I suppose.
"Only the Chinese Communist party comes close to the British Conservatives in its understanding of power – and its capacity to hold and keep it."

"Bunk beds are cool. A bed with a ladder. You can’t beat that."

http://toby-the-ex-ex-pat.blogspot.com/
Forumosan avatar
fruitloop

ORIGINAL POSTER
2 Recommends(s)
2 Recognized(s)

Previous

x

Return to Taiwan Politics