Suspicion of vote rigging in this presidential election

Topics related to Taiwan and Taiwan/China issues can be discussed here. Threads dealing with Taiwan's history belong in the Culture & History thread. Please do not post articles - use links instead. Quoted sources should be limited to one paragraph in length, or less. If you see a post that you feel is against the rules, please send a report to the moderators so we can look into it

Moderator: TheGingerMan

Forum rules
Threads dealing with Taiwan's history belong in the Culture & History thread. Please do not post articles - use links instead. Quoted sources should be limited to one paragraph in length, or less. If you see a post that you feel is against the rules, you can send a report to the moderators so we can look into it

Re: Suspicion of vote rigging in this presidential election

Postby Betelnut » 26 Jan 2012, 17:08

I'm talking about having a fair presidential election and not certain legislators getting elected through shady means. People with gangster connections get elected on the green side of things also. The article I linked was about general "unfairness" in the presidential election.

cyborg_ninja wrote:KMT does a lot of vote buying. How do you thing all the gangsters such as yen-ching biou got legislative positions?
Betelnut
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

10 Recognized(s)

Postby cyborg_ninja » 27 Jan 2012, 15:54

Betelnut wrote:I'm talking about having a fair presidential election and not certain legislators getting elected through shady means. People with gangster connections get elected on the green side of things also. The article I linked was about general "unfairness" in the presidential election.

cyborg_ninja wrote:KMT does a lot of vote buying. How do you thing all the gangsters such as yen-ching biou got legislative positions?

Who do you think drums up the supports for the KMT when comes election time? Lol DPP has little to ZERO gang connections. KMT had a huge history with gangs and I'm sure you heard of Bamboo Union and Four Seas right?

Golden Jaguar President (KMT, Taichung City Council) got a few of her boys to bash the shit out of a DPP Councilor because she got her ass handed to her during a debate. That DPP councilor was very close to the police department, so naturally he almost ran her business to the ground by placing cops at her JD's for 4 months. No drugs, no guns, nothing illegal can get in or out.

Most people who are in gangs usually affiliate themselves with the KMT more, not DPP.
cyborg_ninja

4 Recommends(s)
2 Recognized(s)

Postby Betelnut » 28 Jan 2012, 01:46

This thread was originally about possible vote rigging in the presidential election in which people in general do not believe changed the outcome of the presidential race but could impact any particular legislator race.

I don't know that much about gangs, but several DPP legislators come from a mafia background and its no secret. The DPP party is heavily linked to mafia in S. Taiwan. I used to hang out down there and they are connected on the street level. I'm not saying the KMT are not connected with mafia. They are. It's the same thing. Both parties.

The Four Seas is the Taiwanese gang and the Bamboo gang is the mainlander gang. Please don't make it sound like every gang is mainlander. If there is a gang for one group, it stands to reason there will be a gang for another group. That's how it is anywhere.

One of the 3 jokester DPP legislators (forgot his name) is basically a mafia guy. Yu Tian in Sanchong is known for his mafia ties. Chen Shui-Bian is not mafia, but went to go see the mafia chief in Tainan before his 2 bullets incident and the mafia handled a lot of the behind the scene 319 stuff that DPP legislator Wang Hsing-Nan over saw. Wang Hsing-Nang's history is well known in political circles for being mafia and basically being a terrorist when he sent a letter bomb to someone in the KMT because he was Taiwanese and betraying the country.

Do we really have people on this forum that think the KMT is the only party in Taiwan with deep connections to the mafia and that every mafia person in Taiwan is a mainlander and all Taiwanese people are farmers, doctors, and lawyers?

When it comes to any dirt you can find on one party, you can basically find it on the other party if you listen carefully enough. Or rather, if you are willing to listen. That's kind of the key point.

On this forum and this thread alone, we have comments like the KMT had monitors at every voting station in 2004 and the DPP didn't when in fact the KMT-PFP alliance most certainly did not have monitors at every single voting station as well as the DPP.

cyborg_ninja wrote:
Betelnut wrote:I'm talking about having a fair presidential election and not certain legislators getting elected through shady means. People with gangster connections get elected on the green side of things also. The article I linked was about general "unfairness" in the presidential election.

Who do you think drums up the supports for the KMT when comes election time? Lol DPP has little to ZERO gang connections. KMT had a huge history with gangs and I'm sure you heard of Bamboo Union and Four Seas right?

Golden Jaguar President (KMT, Taichung City Council) got a few of her boys to bash the shit out of a DPP Councilor because she got her ass handed to her during a debate. That DPP councilor was very close to the police department, so naturally he almost ran her business to the ground by placing cops at her JD's for 4 months. No drugs, no guns, nothing illegal can get in or out.

Most people who are in gangs usually affiliate themselves with the KMT more, not DPP.
Betelnut

10 Recognized(s)

Postby sandman » 28 Jan 2012, 02:03

sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)

28 Recommends(s)
199 Recognized(s)

Postby Betelnut » 29 Jan 2012, 23:28

I just got done watching SET again, and their talking heads are still talking about how the ballot counting process is flawed and too messy. This is to explain for how the DPP lost the election. The ballot counting process hasn't changed since DPP days and now they are commenting on how it is messed up. The ballot counting process works fine when the rules are followed. If they are not followed, then the election can get messed up.

They did not give nay details for how the election counting was messed up. No real details or reports from voting stations. They just want viewers to believe this is the real reason for the loss.

The vote counting for the presidential ballot was counted at the same time as the legislative ballots making it a bit noisy but at least the legislative election ballots count for something and we can accept it because everyone wants to know the result as soon as possible. This is the only legitimate complaint the DPP could make about the ballot counting process.

However, that would also be quite hypocritical because Chen Shui-Bian used a national emergency as an excuse to combine the referendum with the presidential election in 2004 and not a single green person complained about 2 ballots being counted at once in 2004 or ballots found in both boxes being counted as valid back then.

Anyway, I have no problem with the DPP party making sure that it gets all of its monitors out, but why does it need to be on TV and in articles? It's their own internal issue and it's obvious its just an excuse to their supporters for the loss in the election.
Betelnut

10 Recognized(s)

Postby Betelnut » 02 Feb 2012, 23:28

http://www.chinapost.com.tw/taiwan/national/national-news/2012/02/02/330409/CEC-dismisses.htm

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/archives/2012/02/02/2003524479

The adjustment of Tsai's ballots after 9 P.M. is hardly a big deal because Tsai had already and the ballot counting was already long over by then.

If the CEC halts the ballot count when the ballots have not finished counting like in 2004, then it is really suspicious because the election body is giving time to its staff to rig the vote. That would need to be from 5-6 P.M.. 9 P.M. is well beyond the window for cheating. Perhaps former Presidential Office secretary general Chiou I-Jen needs to write "Election Fraud in Taiwan for Dummies" so that everyone can understand how election fraud is done right so that everyone knows how to spot it.

I remember the good old days when the Chen government would basically use the CEC to say everything was official and legit. From '04-'08, the pan blue camp tried to get control of the CEC with its legislative majority, but the DPP legislators just wrecked the place each time they tried to pass that measure because control of the CEC is control of the country basically.

I don't know who the head of the CEC is now, but Lee Tung-Hui's old guy finally retired and probably wishes he was still there.
Betelnut

10 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Proceed to Taiwan Politics