which taiwan political party do you side with?

Topics related to Taiwan and Taiwan/China issues can be discussed here. Threads dealing with Taiwan's history belong in the Culture & History thread. Please do not post articles - use links instead. Quoted sources should be limited to one paragraph in length, or less. If you see a post that you feel is against the rules, please send a report to the moderators so we can look into it

Moderator: TheGingerMan

Forum rules
Threads dealing with Taiwan's history belong in the Culture & History thread. Please do not post articles - use links instead. Quoted sources should be limited to one paragraph in length, or less. If you see a post that you feel is against the rules, you can send a report to the moderators so we can look into it

which do you side with?

KMT
27%
DPP
50%
other (explain your ideology and why the 2 main political parties fails to meet it)
23%

Total votes : 22

Postby akikaki1 » 30 Apr 2012, 13:52

I'v been looking into taiwan politics lately and curious as to what these forum's view are
akikaki1
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)

ORIGINAL POSTER
11 Recommends(s)
2 Recognized(s)

Re: which taiwan political party do you side with?

Postby sandman » 30 Apr 2012, 14:19

I side with ones that get things done, are uncorrupt and have the people's interests at heart.

This post was recommended by tommy525 (30 Apr 2012, 14:24)
Rating: 4%
sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)

28 Recommends(s)
199 Recognized(s)

Postby Mick » 30 Apr 2012, 14:25

sandman wrote:I side with ones that get things done, are uncorrupt and have the people's interests at heart.

Bet I could find a bunch of unicorns, a town of fairies and cave filled with fire breathing dragons before I could find just one of those.
Forumosan avatar
Mick
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)

56 Recommends(s)
98 Recognized(s)

Postby akikaki1 » 30 Apr 2012, 15:34

Can anyone explain the KMT ideaology and what they believe in? DPP was obvious and there website explained everything but kmt's website didn't explain shit
akikaki1

ORIGINAL POSTER
11 Recommends(s)
2 Recognized(s)

Postby PigBloodCake » 30 Apr 2012, 20:53

sandman wrote:I side with ones that get things done, are uncorrupt and have the people's interests at heart.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Ok, back to reality.
Life is a bitch and death is her sister.

I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.
PigBloodCake
Sidewalk Geomancer (lù biān suàn mìng tān)
Sidewalk Geomancer (lù biān suàn mìng tān)

9 Recommends(s)
27 Recognized(s)

Postby Charlie Phillips » 01 May 2012, 02:33

akikaki1 wrote:I'v been looking into taiwan politics lately and curious as to what these forum's view are

These forums have all kinds of views of which none are the same or different. Personally, I'm a capitalist Maoist with extreme nationalist Taiwanese sentiment. I believe in traditional Chinese characters with Japanese pronunciation and neo-de-colonialist characteristics. I currently support the Lanyu Independence Party, but the mainlanders on Taiwan are die-hard oppositionists.
"Why do you want gas? It's hot. You can have cold showers" ~gas delivery man height of summer, 2010.

"Why you wear so many clothes? You are foreigner. Foreign countries are cold." buxiban owner, depth of winter 2011.
Forumosan avatar
Charlie Phillips
Mahjong Maniac (májiàng mí)
Mahjong Maniac (májiàng mí)

84 Recommends(s)
164 Recognized(s)
In Taiwan since: 23 Mar 2003

Postby Super Hans » 01 May 2012, 10:16

Can anyone explain the KMT ideaology and what they believe in? DPP was obvious and there website explained everything but kmt's website didn't explain shit

Hypocrisy, corruption, kickbacks from China for saying the right thing, illegal land grabbing and speculation, bribes, U-turns, keeping their corrupt members out of jail, murder and assassinations, the collection of US passports and the wearing of very tacky nylon waistcoats.
The bones got the wrong detail I hoped it would have for you
Safe for a shin bone or even a hand
It's such a lonely ride...
Forumosan avatar
Super Hans
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)

42 Recommends(s)
149 Recognized(s)

Postby Chris » 01 May 2012, 10:53

KMT for its support of Hanyu Pinyin and its ongoing efforts to rid Taiwan of Tongyong Pinyin.
Forumosan avatar
Chris
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

86 Recommends(s)
194 Recognized(s)

Postby headhonchoII » 01 May 2012, 11:01

I will support whichever party sorts out the tax, minimum wage,working conditions and environment.
Basically one that gets things done. But I wont support any party for too long, power corrupts.
I can remember the fourth of July runnin' through the backwood bare.
And I can still hear my old hound dog barkin' chasin' down a hoodoo there
Chasin' down a hoodoo there.
headhonchoII
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1719 Recommends(s)
622 Recognized(s)

Postby finley » 01 May 2012, 11:34

I find it interesting that Taiwan doesn't have pointless parties like the (now mainly defunct) Monster Raving Loony Party, although the DPP does a pretty good job of doing double-duty these days. Personally I think a democracy isn't a democracy until people realise the whole thing is a sham and start mocking it.
"Global warming is happening and we KNOW that man is 100 percent responsible!!!"
- Fred Smith
Forumosan avatar
finley
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)

858 Recommends(s)
657 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Next

Proceed to Taiwan Politics