Lien Chan's son shot during political rally

Topics related to Taiwan and Taiwan/China issues can be discussed here. Threads dealing with Taiwan's history belong in the Culture & History thread. Please do not post articles - use links instead. Quoted sources should be limited to one paragraph in length, or less. If you see a post that you feel is against the rules, please send a report to the moderators so we can look into it

Moderator: TheGingerMan

Forum rules
Threads dealing with Taiwan's history belong in the Culture & History thread. Please do not post articles - use links instead. Quoted sources should be limited to one paragraph in length, or less. If you see a post that you feel is against the rules, you can send a report to the moderators so we can look into it

Lien Chan's son shot during political rally

Postby cranky laowai » 26 Nov 2010, 22:13

Something on the news about Sean Lien (連勝文), Lien Chan's son, getting shot by a gangster, who was reportedly aiming for someone else. He's alive, though.

????????
Forumosan avatar
cranky laowai
National Security Advisor (guójiā ānquán gùwèn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
38 Recommends(s)
41 Recognized(s)

Re: Lien Chan's son shot?

Postby Bu Lai En » 26 Nov 2010, 22:26

8:20 tonight at Yonghe Elementary School (just up the road from where I work). The gangster jumped up in the stage, grabbed him around the neck and shot down through one cheek and out the other. An elderly bystander was also shot (not sure if it was the same shot or not) and killed. Lian is at Tai-Da Hospital.
I have news. Good news from Notting Hill. The consignment of white gold for Mr Anderson has arrived.

http://theboolion.wordpress.com/ Image
Forumosan avatar
Bu Lai En
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)

15 Recognized(s)

Postby KathVic » 26 Nov 2010, 22:29

The bystander died.
KathVic
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

1 Recommends(s)

Re: Lien Chan's son shot during political rally

Postby Chris » 26 Nov 2010, 23:07

What's Lien's prognosis?
Forumosan avatar
Chris
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

91 Recommends(s)
204 Recognized(s)

Postby Bu Lai En » 26 Nov 2010, 23:11

Chris wrote:What's Lien's prognosis?

"Stable and undergoing surgery".

http://focustaiwan.tw/ShowNews/WebNews_ ... 1011260036
I have news. Good news from Notting Hill. The consignment of white gold for Mr Anderson has arrived.

Forumosan avatar
Bu Lai En

15 Recognized(s)

Postby KathVic » 26 Nov 2010, 23:13

When Lien got to hospital he was consious and able to speak. He is going to have some operation.
So, they caught the shooter. But, I don't think they know his motive or anything. He was heavily armed. According to a friend of mine who is a cop, he used the wrong gun. If he had used the other gun that he was carrying, Lien would have died.
KathVic
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

1 Recommends(s)

Postby cranky laowai » 26 Nov 2010, 23:13

He's supposed to be stable; and the injury is not life threatening.

Unfortunately the same can't be said for that poor guy who was killed.

The police have the shooter but haven't released details yet.
Forumosan avatar
cranky laowai

ORIGINAL POSTER
38 Recommends(s)
41 Recognized(s)

Postby Chris » 26 Nov 2010, 23:15

Bu Lai En wrote: An elderly bystander was also shot (not sure if it was the same shot or not) and killed.

Apparently it was the same shot, and the bystander was not elderly; he was 29. So I understand second hand.
Forumosan avatar
Chris
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

91 Recommends(s)
204 Recognized(s)

Postby Bu Lai En » 26 Nov 2010, 23:21

Chris wrote:
Bu Lai En wrote: An elderly bystander was also shot (not sure if it was the same shot or not) and killed.

Apparently it was the same shot, and the bystander was not elderly; he was 29. So I understand second hand.

Yeah, the early reports said it was old guy died of a heart attack.

I was watching the news about an hour ago and it was kinda shameful how the 'green' news channels weren't showing this news (the wife said they;d shown it briefly, but not while I was watching).

Forumosan avatar
Bu Lai En

15 Recognized(s)

Postby Chris » 26 Nov 2010, 23:25

Apparently the bullet went through Lien's left cheek and came out the right temple. The trajectory is dangerously close to both the eye and the brain. It's possible the vision in his right eye might be damaged or even lost... let's hope the doctors do their utmost to minimize and fix any damage.
Forumosan avatar
Chris
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

91 Recommends(s)
204 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Next

Proceed to Taiwan Politics