Sanctuary being torn down. We need your help!!! - click here for details
You can also visit TheSanctuaryTaiwan.org - click here to go to their contact page

Lien Chan's son shot during political rally

Topics related to Taiwan and Taiwan/China issues can be discussed here. Threads dealing with Taiwan's history belong in the Culture & History thread. Please do not post articles - use links instead. Quoted sources should be limited to one paragraph in length, or less. If you see a post that you feel is against the rules, please send a report to the moderators so we can look into it

Moderator: TheGingerMan

Forum rules
Threads dealing with Taiwan's history belong in the Culture & History thread. Please do not post articles - use links instead. Quoted sources should be limited to one paragraph in length, or less. If you see a post that you feel is against the rules, you can send a report to the moderators so we can look into it

Re: Lien Chan's son shot during political rally

Postby suiyuan31 » 27 Nov 2010, 19:46

headhonchoII wrote:I was watching ming shi yesterday, had very little on the shooting. They didn't want to cover it becaues of the very well known 'sympathy vote' effect in Taiwan that helped get CSB in to his second term. You can see the way the media operates in Taiwan.
I watched min shi show president Ma arriving at the hospital...I don't think they were ignoring it at all...
I'm an acquired taste. If you don't like me, acquire some taste.
Forumosan avatar
suiyuan31
Night Market Cop (yè shì tiáo zi)
Night Market Cop (yè shì tiáo zi)

4 Recognized(s)

Postby Icon » 27 Nov 2010, 20:40

I was watching the great exchange between the reporters and the alleged perpetrartor on a "green" channel:

Rep: Did you do it because of his father?
Manunder a coat supposedly replies: No, it was a mistake.
Rep: So, did you hit the wrong guy?
Man : Yes, I was not aiming for him.
Rep:So, you made a mistake?
Man:Yes.
Rep: are you sorry?
Man: Yes.

*sigh*
Man: yes.
Rep:
"Lo urgente no deja tiempo para lo importante". Mafalda

"Nice guy? Who gives a shit? If you want to work here, close."
Forumosan avatar
Icon
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

633 Recommends(s)
502 Recognized(s)

Postby archylgp » 27 Nov 2010, 21:12

Icon wrote:I was watching the great exchange between the reporters and the alleged perpetrartor on a "green" channel:

Rep: Did you do it because of his father?
Manunder a coat supposedly replies: No, it was a mistake.
Rep: So, did you hit the wrong guy?
Man : Yes, I was not aiming for him.
Rep:So, you made a mistake?
Man:Yes.
Rep: are you sorry?
Man: Yes.

*sigh*
Man: yes.
Rep:

I saw the same thing on 公視.
archylgp
Gravel Truck Driver (suìshí chē sījī)

150 Recommends(s)
30 Recognized(s)

Postby Icon » 27 Nov 2010, 21:18

Yep, same "impromptu press conference", so to speak. Lien Chan's interview was also broadcasted like that, same on all channels. His wife looked ddistraught.

The only difference was one clip showing how premonitory Lien Jr. speech had been, talking about how he was very sick and got an oparation but thanked Hau's support almost as a member of his family -or something along those lines.
"Lo urgente no deja tiempo para lo importante". Mafalda

"Nice guy? Who gives a shit? If you want to work here, close."
Forumosan avatar
Icon
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

633 Recommends(s)
502 Recognized(s)

Postby archylgp » 28 Nov 2010, 18:38

Latest I've heard is that Lien Chan's son is talking and says that (1) the "shooter" engaged him verbally before shooting him and that (2) he was the intended target.
archylgp

150 Recommends(s)
30 Recognized(s)

Postby Fraulein_Schumann » 29 Nov 2010, 00:37

It seemed like a suicide mission to me. :loco:

What's even more strange is that the cops apparently found several dozens of bullets on his person. :ohreally:

What was the shooter's exit strategy? none that I can think of, unless he was planning to fire into the crowd as well. :ponder:
“Why should I trade one tyrant 3000 miles away for 3000 tyrants one mile away?
An elected legislature can trample a man's rights as easily as a king can....."
Fraulein_Schumann
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

Postby sulavaca » 29 Nov 2010, 07:25

Fraulein_Schumann wrote:It seemed like a suicide mission to me. :loco:

What's even more strange is that the cops apparently found several dozens of bullets on his person. :ohreally:

What was the shooter's exit strategy? none that I can think of, unless he was planning to fire into the crowd as well. :ponder:

Well I didn't imagine the individual was going to be of at least average intelligence.
Visit actaiwan.org for Car Rentals, servicing, repairs, Used Car Purchasing, Inspections, Articles and Useful Information on Taiwan Motoring.
Check out A.C. on Facebook
Forumosan avatar
sulavaca
Has-been Pop Star (guòshí míngxīng)
Has-been Pop Star (guòshí míngxīng)

4 Recommends(s)
58 Recognized(s)

Postby Fraulein_Schumann » 29 Nov 2010, 07:35

sulavaca wrote:
Fraulein_Schumann wrote:It seemed like a suicide mission to me. :loco:

Well I didn't imagine the individual was going to be of at least average intelligence.

his assasination attempt was doomed from the beginning because he picked the wrong caliber... 9mm is just wrong for what he had in mind... major fail. :)
Fraulein_Schumann

Postby wix » 29 Nov 2010, 10:58

Sean Lien 連勝文 by davidreid, on Flickr

Sean Lien is a big man (tall and well built). It is pretty hard to mistake him for somebody else.

I don't want to fuel any conspiracy theories, but I think it is most likely that he was the shooter's intended target.
Forumosan avatar
wix
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)

2 Recommends(s)

Postby Fraulein_Schumann » 29 Nov 2010, 11:48

wix wrote:Image
Sean Lien 連勝文 by davidreid, on Flickr

Sean Lien is a big man (tall and well built). It is pretty hard to mistake him for somebody else.

I don't want to fuel any conspiracy theories, but I think it is most likely that he was the shooter's intended target.

The photo you posted above shows those guys wearing "Clean Taipei" T-shirts.
Is the word "Clean" being used as a verb or adjective? :roflmao:

back to the "assasination" attempt.... :) I am amazed at the skills of Taiwanes surgeons. It's reported that Lien Chan, Jr. is
already talking, eating and taking visitors. Not something that I would have expected so soon after being shot in the fact. :ponder:
Fraulein_Schumann

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Proceed to Taiwan Politics