True that Taiwanese girls prefer ABC guys?

Moderator: 914

Forum rules
Welcome to the Overseas Taiwanese Subforum. We hope this is a place where you can post your cross-cultural, east meets west upbringing, Tiger Mama/Dragon Baba issues. We understand that you look full on local on the outside, but have issues that pertain to growing up in a non-Taiwanese, non-Chinese environment. Confucian obligations and expectations probably apply to you, familial pressure to conform to traditions, etc. We know the drill. So come on in, get some things off your chest, and hopefully you will gain perspective from others who have been there and are going through the same. For other questions and discussions (in particular legal, passport and residency issues,) please continue to post in the relevant forums. Let's keep this for culturally sensitive topics. Thank you very much, and happy posting.

Re: True that Taiwanese girls prefer ABC guys?

Postby akikaki1 » 19 Apr 2012, 04:25

mike029 wrote:
tommy525 wrote:
mike029 wrote:
finley wrote:
That explains your confidence around girls. I use the gay thing to my advantage all the time, and usually if I want to dance up on them, etc., I lead off with "I'm gay". Then later you tell them a sob story about how your ex-girlfriend broke your heart so bad you turned gay. OR you tell them you've never been with a girl before. OR you tell them there's no way you could ever sleep with a girl, then they try to 'make you straight'. It's fun.

Isn't that a plot-line from "Friends"?

And ... seriously ... that works? :eek:

It works very well. Show them pictures of hot guys you have slept with before, talk about stupid shit like shopping, and the drinks from their table keep coming. It also helps that I am extremely attractive, though. I never go through all the way though because I actually am gay, but it's the thrill of the hunt, I guess. I've only gone through with it a few times, just for curiosity's sake. As a matter of fact, an ABC girl made out with me 2 weeks ago at Funky using this same premise. It's awkward though when she's into it and you aren't. She kept asking me "do you feel anything" and all I could do was just laugh.

TRUTH: All girls want a gay best friend.

RELATIONSHIP! Like I would ever actually date someone I met in a club.

I guess gays like girls too (as a fellow "girl") so they are a good match.

But for us straight guys, i cant see me wanting to get other guys hotted up for me when Im not gay .

So i guess "making out" with girls when you are gay is kinda different.

I wouldnt want to "make out" with any guys no matter how attractive they are. YEEECH !

I'm gay and I don't consider myself a "girl" at all. Most of my friends are straight guys. In fact, I'm far more 'masculine' than many other people. It's insulting you insinuate that all gay people are flaming queens in some attempt to make yourself feel more manly.

Based upon your narcissistic need to attract attention to yourself Tommy I would think you would love to go a gay bar as an "unattainable straight guy" and get free drinks, but those people must make you so uncomfortable.

Can you recommend any good churches for me to cure my gay disease?

West Virgina
akikaki1
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)

11 Recommends(s)
2 Recognized(s)

Postby ksidnas » 26 Apr 2012, 11:30

At the office yesterday,
During a quick discussion about just how stupid Wang-Jen-Ming (Washington Nationals / MLB Pitcher) was. One of my co-worker (a 32 year old Taiwanese woman) actually said that she would not divorce him, just like his real wife.
I was thrown off by the sudden curve ball, cause she has been trying to push on the idea on how romantic she is; though to me she seemed to be single for the last 3-5 years. She exclaimed in a squeal , "Why? You know he make Blah$ Blah$ amount of money each year!"

Maybe you should change the title to, True that "some" Taiwanese girls prefer RICH guys.
ABC or not, all the locals will consider you to be one if you go to Australia for a year.
ksidnas
Breakfast Store Laoban (zǎocān diàn lǎobǎn)
Breakfast Store Laoban (zǎocān diàn lǎobǎn)

3 Recognized(s)

Postby bumclouds » 12 Jun 2012, 00:14

Taiwan Luthiers wrote:This is why Taiwan has such a low birthrate and marriage rate... everyone's chasing money but not really marrying someone that they are truly compatible with.

You obviously haven't spent much time in Hong Kong.
Your warning level: [4]
Forumosan avatar
bumclouds
Sidewalk Geomancer (lù biān suàn mìng tān)
Sidewalk Geomancer (lù biān suàn mìng tān)

100 Recommends(s)
85 Recognized(s)

Postby WelcomeAndy » 19 Jun 2012, 15:18

Well.. I do not know how to say this ! My answer is Race ! It happened to me. I like white girls with blond hair, yet white girls just do not like Asians !
WelcomeAndy
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

In Taiwan since: 30 Oct 2011

Postby tommy525 » 19 Jun 2012, 15:34

WelcomeAndy wrote:Well.. I do not know how to say this ! My answer is Race ! It happened to me. I like white girls with blond hair, yet white girls just do not like Asians !

by and large that is true (from personal experience)
in the USA I find that white girls seem to prefer men in this order (all things being equal)

1. white
2. black
3. Mexican
4. indian
5. Asian

yup Asian guys come out last with the honky chicks

But Asian girls? They got the market cornered. EVERYONE likes Asian chicks.

Our Asian sistas got it going. With a rep for a FINE slinky bod, Super sexy bedroom antics, known to be foxy and intelligent and attractive femme fatales .

Whereas we got the rep like we all was william hong , and with short dicks on top of all that.

We stink , we are short, we are dumpy and nerdy , we dont know how to party, we dont know our way around without our mommies and dont forget the short dicks?

Yeah Male Asian PR is about as low as it possibly can go in white girl land. :noway: :D

There are a few Asian dudes who got it on man. The rest of us are losers who better hightail it back to ASIA :roflmao:
Forumosan avatar
tommy525
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

617 Recommends(s)
382 Recognized(s)

Postby MangoTapioca » 24 Jun 2012, 19:55

Not really. I mean, at least for me. Mostly, the ABC's aren't as attractive (no offense but I shouldn't be talking because I haven't seen every ABC guy here) in my opinion as the Native Taiwanese guys. I don't know...I'd rather date a TBC. (Taiwanese Born Chinese)
MangoTapioca

Postby Steviebike » 24 Jun 2012, 20:19

Absurd.

Just checking but you're a South African Engrish Teachur right? No. I'm a Russian nuclear physicist.
Forumosan avatar
Steviebike
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)

70 Recommends(s)
80 Recognized(s)

Postby finley » 24 Jun 2012, 22:27

Steviebike wrote:Absurd.

Yes, weren't they. So were the entire 80s, come to think of it.
"Global warming is happening and we KNOW that man is 100 percent responsible!!!"
- Fred Smith
Forumosan avatar
finley
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)

884 Recommends(s)
668 Recognized(s)

Postby steelersman » 24 Jun 2012, 22:29

Taigottawanna wrote:Some may think you're (I'm assuming you're asking about prospects here) "cool" in the way that many here think its "cool" to pepper their conversation with English. It can get you an "in" with some once they know where you're from.

Since I'm not a Taiwanese girl, I can't tell you how they can distinguish you from the local guys.

It is pretty easy to distinguish a ABC from a local guy. Simply listen to his American accent.
steelersman
Wild Chicken Bus Driver (yě jī chē sī jī)
Wild Chicken Bus Driver (yě jī chē sī jī)

10 Recommends(s)
24 Recognized(s)

Postby Steviebike » 24 Jun 2012, 22:32

finley wrote:
Steviebike wrote:Absurd.

Yes, weren't they. So were the entire 80s, come to think of it.

Yea, you want to know what is even more absurd? No? Ok, will tell you anyway. I've just spent the last two hours listening to ABC, All of my Heart: The Collection...
Just checking but you're a South African Engrish Teachur right? No. I'm a Russian nuclear physicist.
Forumosan avatar
Steviebike

70 Recommends(s)
80 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Proceed to Overseas Taiwanese