True that Taiwanese girls prefer ABC guys?

Moderator: 914

Forum rules
Welcome to the Overseas Taiwanese Subforum. We hope this is a place where you can post your cross-cultural, east meets west upbringing, Tiger Mama/Dragon Baba issues. We understand that you look full on local on the outside, but have issues that pertain to growing up in a non-Taiwanese, non-Chinese environment. Confucian obligations and expectations probably apply to you, familial pressure to conform to traditions, etc. We know the drill. So come on in, get some things off your chest, and hopefully you will gain perspective from others who have been there and are going through the same. For other questions and discussions (in particular legal, passport and residency issues,) please continue to post in the relevant forums. Let's keep this for culturally sensitive topics. Thank you very much, and happy posting.

Re: True that Taiwanese girls prefer ABC guys?

Postby Taiwan Luthiers » 02 Apr 2012, 18:51

A relation based on lies usually dont work.
Cat-gut strings are made from kitten guts, stretched out to near breaking point and then hardened with grue saliva. As a result these give a feeling of Pain and anguish whenever played, and often end up playing themselves backwards as part of satanic rituals.

Typhoon Guitars
http://www.typhoonguitars.com
Taiwan Luthiers
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)

1 Recommends(s)
102 Recognized(s)

Postby mike029 » 02 Apr 2012, 18:54

finley wrote:
That explains your confidence around girls. I use the gay thing to my advantage all the time, and usually if I want to dance up on them, etc., I lead off with "I'm gay". Then later you tell them a sob story about how your ex-girlfriend broke your heart so bad you turned gay. OR you tell them you've never been with a girl before. OR you tell them there's no way you could ever sleep with a girl, then they try to 'make you straight'. It's fun.

Isn't that a plot-line from "Friends"?

And ... seriously ... that works? :eek:

It works very well. Show them pictures of hot guys you have slept with before, talk about stupid shit like shopping, and the drinks from their table keep coming. It also helps that I am extremely attractive, though. I never go through all the way though because I actually am gay, but it's the thrill of the hunt, I guess. I've only gone through with it a few times, just for curiosity's sake. As a matter of fact, an ABC girl made out with me 2 weeks ago at Funky using this same premise. It's awkward though when she's into it and you aren't. She kept asking me "do you feel anything" and all I could do was just laugh.

TRUTH: All girls want a gay best friend.

RELATIONSHIP! Like I would ever actually date someone I met in a club.
mike029
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)

3 Recommends(s)
40 Recognized(s)

Postby finley » 02 Apr 2012, 22:59

It also helps that I am extremely attractive, though.

And disarmingly modest, no doubt :wink:
It works very well.

Amazing ... and funny. Although, come to think of it, there is a certain type of guy who has a thing about "curing" lesbians. I guess those girls are the female equivalent. Anyway, I call "not fair": you can't expect a straight guy to keep up as good a performance as that.
talk about stupid shit like shopping

This is the point where we'd pretty much consider it not worth the effort. There's probably a "doesn't matter, had sex" picture about that somewhere.
"Global warming is happening and we KNOW that man is 100 percent responsible!!!"
- Fred Smith
Forumosan avatar
finley
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)

925 Recommends(s)
688 Recognized(s)

Postby chaosnick » 03 Apr 2012, 02:09

tommy525 wrote:i donno but I do like the ABC girls :) and I know chaosnick specializes in them. NO i lied, actually i prefer TW girls :)

That's true. I don't seem to end up with anyone else. Well, when you like them and they like you.. *shrug*
chaosnick
Càiniǎo
Càiniǎo

1 Recognized(s)

Postby section61 » 13 Apr 2012, 00:30

It's another typical question, and the answer is "yes". It's all about the image for the local girls and easy, cheap sex for the foreigners. There, question answered.
section61
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)

Postby tommy525 » 13 Apr 2012, 01:52

mike029 wrote:
finley wrote:
That explains your confidence around girls. I use the gay thing to my advantage all the time, and usually if I want to dance up on them, etc., I lead off with "I'm gay". Then later you tell them a sob story about how your ex-girlfriend broke your heart so bad you turned gay. OR you tell them you've never been with a girl before. OR you tell them there's no way you could ever sleep with a girl, then they try to 'make you straight'. It's fun.

It works very well. Show them pictures of hot guys you have slept with before, talk about stupid shit like shopping, and the drinks from their table keep coming. It also helps that I am extremely attractive, though. I never go through all the way though because I actually am gay, but it's the thrill of the hunt, I guess. I've only gone through with it a few times, just for curiosity's sake. As a matter of fact, an ABC girl made out with me 2 weeks ago at Funky using this same premise. It's awkward though when she's into it and you aren't. She kept asking me "do you feel anything" and all I could do was just laugh.

I guess gays like girls too (as a fellow "girl") so they are a good match.

But for us straight guys, i cant see me wanting to get other guys hotted up for me when Im not gay .

So i guess "making out" with girls when you are gay is kinda different.

I wouldnt want to "make out" with any guys no matter how attractive they are. YEEECH !
Forumosan avatar
tommy525
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

621 Recommends(s)
391 Recognized(s)

Postby mike029 » 13 Apr 2012, 03:29

tommy525 wrote:
mike029 wrote:
finley wrote:

I guess gays like girls too (as a fellow "girl") so they are a good match.

But for us straight guys, i cant see me wanting to get other guys hotted up for me when Im not gay .

So i guess "making out" with girls when you are gay is kinda different.

I wouldnt want to "make out" with any guys no matter how attractive they are. YEEECH !

I'm gay and I don't consider myself a "girl" at all. Most of my friends are straight guys. In fact, I'm far more 'masculine' than many other people. It's insulting you insinuate that all gay people are flaming queens in some attempt to make yourself feel more manly.

Based upon your narcissistic need to attract attention to yourself Tommy I would think you would love to go a gay bar as an "unattainable straight guy" and get free drinks, but those people must make you so uncomfortable.

Can you recommend any good churches for me to cure my gay disease?
mike029

3 Recommends(s)
40 Recognized(s)

Postby tommy525 » 13 Apr 2012, 05:02

Im not like that at all mike. I just feel that , for me, i wouldnt make out with guys because im not gay. And I find that you making out with girls kinda different since you said you are gay.

It wasn't an insult. Just an observation.

I used to be homophobic when I was in Taiwan. And that is because the gays in taiwan (especially around shimenting) are known to be rather aggressively seeking other males. And I often got approached by them there. No harm done, they just didnt know if I was gay or not and i should appreciate the interest shown me really.

Then my then GF had a gay friend who she liked and I came to know him and to like him as well as a person. Then we went on double dates with me and my gal and him and his BF. It was all cool.

I then came to live long term in the USA and came to know many gay people through my work and came to the understanding that gay people are just like straight people. There's no difference. Just in their sexual orientation. And I have zero problems with that. I work with a gay man and a lesbian girl. None of us at work have any issues with them being gay/lesbian. We even crack gay/lesbian jokes with them. Theres really no them versus us at work , its just us , all of us.

Theres no "curing" involved. :)

I liked going out with my then Mandarin chat partner (she got busy when she had a child and we dont hang out anymore now ) . She is white and is lesbian. We used to stare at sexy girls coming into the cafe together. Was fun.

I think gays and lesbians in Taiwan have gained alot of ground in the last two decades and thats moving in a positive direction.

And yes I do know that not all gay guys are girls or look feminine... duh.. i used to work half a mile from the Castro !

But that said one "girl" like gay person. A young man would often take the same streetcar i used to take (N judah) and he would be a hit with the young ladies on the streetcar and they would make instant friends.

p.s. actually I don't like attention in real life and prefer to be invisible. And I was very pleased the other day while driving a very hot sports car (jsut for 15 mins, the car doesnt belong to me) that I was completely invisible and not a soul even glanced in my direction. VERY pleased my actual persona just glides by people like a phantom, unseen even when driving such a in-your-face car. Whereas my friend tells me how much attention he gets when he drives it. Its in the aura i guess.

Iv got an invisibility cape .
Forumosan avatar
tommy525
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

621 Recommends(s)
391 Recognized(s)

Postby 914 » 13 Apr 2012, 09:29

Two boys who liked me in high school came out after high school. I didn't reciprocate their romantic advances (at different times, not a 914 sammich). I was good friends with them all. They were both very popular, good looking, hockey-loving, humorous, outgoing guys.

What does that mean?
Messages are sent from my iPad so if you find any errors, you may keep them. Myspacebarhasissues.
Forumosan avatar
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)

Location: YVR to SFO to TPE; Now in semi-retirement in Sky Mother
35 Recommends(s)
38 Recognized(s)

Postby ChewDawg » 13 Apr 2012, 09:38

914 wrote:Two boys who liked me in high school came out after high school. I didn't reciprocate their romantic advances (at different times, not a 914 sammich). I was good friends with them all. They were both very popular, good looking, hockey-loving, humorous, outgoing guys.

What does that mean?

You might have been the odd one out in the sammich? :lol:
So I got an expresso and a hot burrito!
Forumosan avatar
ChewDawg
Gravel Truck Driver (suìshí chē sījī)
Gravel Truck Driver (suìshí chē sījī)

112 Recommends(s)
96 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Proceed to Overseas Taiwanese