Taiwanese girls and their notions of 'health.'

A non-threatening place for individuals and couples living in Taiwan to discuss dating and relationship issues

Moderators: Tempo Gain, NonTocareLeTete

Forum rules
The Dating and Relationship Forum is a non-threatening place for individuals and couples living in Taiwan to discuss dating and relationship issues, including: love, romance, sex, communications, familial relationships, cultural issues, activities for couples, psychology, marriage, dating (i.e. "how to meet")

Please don't post personal ads here. They will be removed. Offensive posts will also be removed at the discretion of the moderators, including lewdness, excessive profanity, pornographic pictures, nasty and mean-spirited comments

If a post is moved to the Temporary Forum or edited, this is probably because the post is either off topic or violates one of the "general etiquette" rules. We'd like to keep this forum as open and friendly as possible - please keep these things in mind when posting. Thank you for your cooperation

Taiwanese girls and their notions of 'health.'

Postby Whole Lotta Lotta » 30 Apr 2012, 22:13

I had a date this weekend with a girl who doesn't eat enough, as far as I can see. We agreed to go see a movie together and she said she didn't want dinner before the movie. I hadn't eaten anything all day, so I just got something for myself (of course I offered some to her). She said she wants to get down to a weight of 45 kg. I think that is ridiculous. That is barely one hundred pounds. I should also add that this woman is reasonably tall. She said she thought that being thin (like a stick) was good for her health. Do any Asian girls know that being underweight can also be bad for their health. Really. They are fine the way they are.
Another girlfriend that I used to have would take her arms and pinch them really hard as she believed that this would make her muscles weaker. She reasoned that it didn't look good for a woman to have big muscles. There are two things that I want to say here; 1. I am pretty sure that having strong muscles is good for your health. Where on Earth would she get this bizarre notion that having weak muscles is good for a woman? 2. Does pinching your muscles like that make them weaker anyway?
Does anybody out there have any idea where Taiwanese girls the notions that these things are healthy?
:ponder: :aiyo:
Tra, la, la, la, la, la, la, One banana. Two banana. Three banana. Four...
Forumosan avatar
Whole Lotta Lotta
Combat Zone Mama-san (zhànqū māma sāng)
Combat Zone Mama-san (zhànqū māma sāng)
 
Posts: 1699
ORIGINAL POSTER
Joined: 17 Jul 2006, 21:24
Location: Somwhere close to comfort and yet always too far away.
6 Recommends(s)
15 Recognized(s)



Re: Taiwanese girls and their notions of 'health.'

Postby Indiana » 30 Apr 2012, 22:34

Whole Lotta Lotta wrote:Does anybody out there have any idea where Taiwanese girls the notions that these things are healthy?
:ponder: :aiyo:


I'm not sure, but I do know that they will look like absolute hell in decades to come when they get osteoporosis in their 40"s and their teeth/skin/hair/nails all start to show the signs of malnutrition. These ideas that they have defy all logic. :doh:
Forumosan avatar
Indiana
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)
 
Posts: 1847
Joined: 28 Sep 2005, 10:49
Location: UAE
5 Recommends(s)
39 Recognized(s)



Re: Taiwanese girls and their notions of 'health.'

Postby Whole Lotta Lotta » 30 Apr 2012, 22:49

Indiana wrote:
Whole Lotta Lotta wrote:Does anybody out there have any idea where Taiwanese girls the notions that these things are healthy?
:ponder: :aiyo:


I'm not sure, but I do know that they will look like absolute hell in decades to come when they get osteoporosis in their 40"s and their teeth/skin/hair/nails all start to show the signs of malnutrition. These ideas that they have defy all logic. :doh:

I think they plan on plastic surgery for those years.
Tra, la, la, la, la, la, la, One banana. Two banana. Three banana. Four...
Forumosan avatar
Whole Lotta Lotta
Combat Zone Mama-san (zhànqū māma sāng)
Combat Zone Mama-san (zhànqū māma sāng)
 
Posts: 1699
ORIGINAL POSTER
Joined: 17 Jul 2006, 21:24
Location: Somwhere close to comfort and yet always too far away.
6 Recommends(s)
15 Recognized(s)



Re: Taiwanese girls and their notions of 'health.'

Postby Nuit » 30 Apr 2012, 23:02

I once had a date with a girl who was convinced that eating quickly - well, eating at normal pace - was bad for you.

I can remember the slow dipping of the spoon into the soup, and then the oh-so-slow raising of the spoon to the lips.
When the main course came, I'm not sure she was into chewing every mouthful 32 times, but she sure made up for that by pausing between every forkful. For a loooong time.

It was an excruciating meal that lasted for about 2 hours.
There was no second date.
It's raining again here. I'm rising up like a beautiful bubble to the surface.

A wicked wind whips up the hill, a handful of hopeful words.
I was what you would call seriously strung out.
Forumosan avatar
Nuit
Second Landlord (èr fáng dōng)
Second Landlord (èr fáng dōng)
 
Posts: 2459
Joined: 25 Jan 2008, 23:43
Location: 東部
74 Recommends(s)
100 Recognized(s)



Re: Taiwanese girls and their notions of 'health.'

Postby Chris » 30 Apr 2012, 23:27

People have very strange ideas about how to keep healthy, and about what's good for you and bad for you. And Taiwan seems to be particularly filled with strange ideas, fueled by media sensationalism.
Forumosan avatar
Chris
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)
 
Posts: 14925
Joined: 08 Jun 2004, 15:51
Location: Type-A, Tie-one-on
86 Recommends(s)
194 Recognized(s)



Re: Taiwanese girls and their notions of 'health.'

Postby tommy525 » 30 Apr 2012, 23:52

they get em from their moms.
Forumosan avatar
tommy525
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)
 
Posts: 18185
Joined: 14 Sep 2006, 17:25
Location: calif baby !
607 Recommends(s)
376 Recognized(s)



Re: Taiwanese girls and their notions of 'health.'

Postby Homey » 01 May 2012, 00:48

tommy525 wrote:they get em from their moms.


Bingo. This is exactly what I was going to say. If you are at all serious about a girl, make sure to meet her mom. This is her in a handful of years. If you can deal with her mom then go for it. It's strange how all these little mannerism, beliefs, and psychosis get planted and lay dormant until one inevitable day.
Why not???

If you are what you eat, then I guess that makes me "fast, cheap, and easy"!
Forumosan avatar
Homey
High School Triad Member (gāozhōng liúmáng)
High School Triad Member (gāozhōng liúmáng)
 
Posts: 525
Joined: 20 Jan 2008, 00:27
2 Recommends(s)
17 Recognized(s)



Re: Taiwanese girls and their notions of 'health.'

Postby tsukinodeynatsu » 01 May 2012, 02:51

Homey wrote:
tommy525 wrote:they get em from their moms.


Bingo. This is exactly what I was going to say. If you are at all serious about a girl, make sure to meet her mom. This is her in a handful of years. If you can deal with her mom then go for it. It's strange how all these little mannerism, beliefs, and psychosis get planted and lay dormant until one inevitable day.


I remember feeling very offended when my first boyfriend said this to me at 18, and then one day when I was 20 or so I was wandering the supermarket with my friend and guiding the trolley...

and realised that that's exactly what my mother does.

I stopped at the creams and exclaimed "Oh. My. God. I'm turning into my mother."

A woman in her 40s turned around and said "It only gets worse from here, honey."

..... :doh:

But yeah. Now, at 25, I'm finding myself thinking I'm turning into my mother every other day. So seriously meet the mother. That'll be more or less what you end up marrying.
tsukinodeynatsu
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)
 
Posts: 1816
Joined: 10 Jun 2009, 14:40
Location: Tainan
57 Recommends(s)
65 Recognized(s)



Re: Taiwanese girls and their notions of 'health.'

Postby Formosa Fitness » 01 May 2012, 08:15

Whole Lotta Lotta wrote:I had a date this weekend with a girl who doesn't eat enough, as far as I can see. We agreed to go see a movie together and she said she didn't want dinner before the movie. I hadn't eaten anything all day, so I just got something for myself (of course I offered some to her). She said she wants to get down to a weight of 45 kg. I think that is ridiculous. That is barely one hundred pounds. I should also add that this woman is reasonably tall. She said she thought that being thin (like a stick) was good for her health. Do any Asian girls know that being underweight can also be bad for their health. Really. They are fine the way they are.
Another girlfriend that I used to have would take her arms and pinch them really hard as she believed that this would make her muscles weaker. She reasoned that it didn't look good for a woman to have big muscles. There are two things that I want to say here; 1. I am pretty sure that having strong muscles is good for your health. Where on Earth would she get this bizarre notion that having weak muscles is good for a woman? 2. Does pinching your muscles like that make them weaker anyway?
Does anybody out there have any idea where Taiwanese girls the notions that these things are healthy?
:ponder: :aiyo:


Taiwanese in general have some of the poorest health knowledge I've ever seen. The absolutely stupid things I hear on a daily basis would astound most people. Things like "you shouldn't pick up heavy things and put them over your head because it will make you short." It's very common for stupid young women to basically stop eating and get their digestive track completely backed up. They don't defecate for days. I actually had a woman come in and tell me she wanted to join my gym so she could get rid of the muscles on her legs. I told her she was in the wrong place and sent her to our competitors. She'll fit right in there. :p
We are a foreign owned and operated full service gym in Taipei specializing in serious fitness. Check us out: http://formosafitness.com/
Forumosan avatar
Formosa Fitness
Fried Chicken-Parts Vendor (yán sū jī xiǎofàn)
Fried Chicken-Parts Vendor (yán sū jī xiǎofàn)
 
Posts: 970
Joined: 16 May 2009, 15:37
Location: Taipei, Taiwan
98 Recommends(s)
33 Recognized(s)



Re: Taiwanese girls and their notions of 'health.'

Postby Bubba 2 Guns » 01 May 2012, 11:19

I am exclusively dating Taiwanese surfer-women from the countryside. They eat well, like exercise, need muscles to paddle, aren't afraid of the sun and don't fucking complain at the beach about the weather, sand, dirt etc. I'm through with dating the underfed, whiny, chicken-legged, ghost-white LV bag toting whiny-ass spoiled city gals.
""It occurred to me, the basis of fiction, is that people have some sort of connection with each other that they don't" -Richard Harrow

This post was recommended by 2 Forumosans: AmyLord (23 Jun 2012, 18:47), Jaboney (01 May 2012, 16:24)
Rating: 8%
Forumosan avatar
Bubba 2 Guns
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)
 
Posts: 1886
Joined: 13 Oct 2004, 00:35
Location: In my own private Idaho
6 Recommends(s)
36 Recognized(s)



FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Next




Proceed to Dating & Relationships



Who is online

Forumosans browsing this forum: No Forumosans and 3 visitors

May you live all the days of your life -- JONATHAN SWIFT