Where can I meet FRIENDS

A non-threatening place for individuals and couples living in Taiwan to discuss dating and relationship issues

Moderator: NonTocareLeTete

Forum rules
The Dating and Relationship Forum is a non-threatening place for individuals and couples living in Taiwan to discuss dating and relationship issues, including: love, romance, sex, communications, familial relationships, cultural issues, activities for couples, psychology, marriage, dating (i.e. "how to meet")

Please don't post personal ads here. They will be removed. Offensive posts will also be removed at the discretion of the moderators, including lewdness, excessive profanity, pornographic pictures, nasty and mean-spirited comments

If a post is moved to the Temporary Forum or edited, this is probably because the post is either off topic or violates one of the "general etiquette" rules. We'd like to keep this forum as open and friendly as possible - please keep these things in mind when posting. Thank you for your cooperation

Re: Look for Friends :)

Postby ceevee369 » 28 May 2012, 18:24

Housecat did a good job combining all the future Call me Maybe posts here :thumbsup:
I feel spring is in the air.
I’m a dog shaped ashtray
I’m a shrugging moustache wearing a speedo tuxedo
I’m a movie with no plot, written in the back seat of a piss powered taxi
I’m an imperial armpit, sweating Chianti
I’m a toilet with no seat, flushing tradition down
I'm socialist lingerie
I'm diplomatic techno
I'm gay pastry and racist cappuccino
I’m an army on holiday in a guillotine museum
I’m a painting made of hair, on a nudist beach, eating McDonald's
I’m a novel far too long
I’m a sentimental song
I’m a yellow tooth waltzing with wrap around shades on

Who am I?
I am Europe

This post was recommended by housecat (17 Jun 2012, 21:51)
Rating: 5.88%
Forumosan avatar
ceevee369
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)
 
Posts: 2943
Joined: 27 Feb 2005, 16:27
Location: Linkou Heights
46 Recommends(s)
26 Recognized(s)

6000

Re: Where could you meet up White Girls?

Postby ibluff » 28 May 2012, 20:38

michelleC wrote:I'm a white girl from NYU studying Mandarin at NTU. Why are all the Taiwanese guys afraid of me!?



im not afraid, lets meet up :p
ibluff
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
 
Posts: 5
Joined: 15 May 2012, 23:29

6000

Anyone to hang out?

Postby yuhsueh » 15 Jun 2012, 18:21

Hi there

I'm a Taiwanese male working in the UK currently. I will be back in TW to visit my family early August and stay for a while. Just wondering if there's any English speaking folk I can hang out with? And of course I don't mind helping practice your Mandarin if you wish. I'll live in Hsinchu but will be through in Taipei quite frequently I suppose. Feel free to PM me or reply here. Let's speak soonest either on FB or via email. Hopefully hear from any of you shortly.


YH
yuhsueh
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 15 Jun 2012, 17:56

6000

Re: Look for Friends :)

Postby irenelin » 17 Jun 2012, 15:25

Im Irene, a Taiwanese, was living in Australia for a while and I love traveling, making some friends from all over the world.
It's also hard for me to meet some foreigners in Taipei, I didnt mean there's no any foreigners here but what I said is I don't think it's easy to get close to you since
hanging out with people from same country or sharing same language is always easier.

Im quite bad at teaching Mandrine if you're eager to learn grammer... but happy to practice with and share some culture to.
Im working in Taipei near 饒河 night market. Welcome any of you send me a msg and we may have a cup of coffee or drink then.:)
irenelin
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 17 Jun 2012, 15:08

6000

Re: Look for Friends :)

Postby bismarck » 17 Jun 2012, 20:39

irenelin wrote:Im Irene, a Taiwanese, was living in Australia for a while and I love traveling, making some friends from all over the world.
It's also hard for me to meet some foreigners in Taipei, I didnt mean there's no any foreigners here but what I said is I don't think it's easy to get close to you since
hanging out with people from same country or sharing same language is always easier.

Im quite bad at teaching Mandrine if you're eager to learn grammer... but happy to practice with and share some culture to.
Im working in Taipei near 饒河 night market. Welcome any of you send me a msg and we may have a cup of coffee or drink then.:)

Good luck, and all that. You seem really sweet. But here's some advice. People respond better if they aren't branded as foreigners, adogah, laowai, or waiguoren all the time. :2cents:
Image
World Champions 1995, 2007; Tri-Nations champions 1998, 2004, 2009; Grand Slam Champions 1912/13, 1931/32, 1951/52, 1960/61; Defeated British & Irish Lions 1903, 1924, 1938, 1962, 1968, 1980, 2009
Image
Super 14 Champions 2007, 2009, 2010
Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy and the lash.
Sir Winston Churchill

Second of all, as in all honeymoons, all is well until it is not. It is until the unexpected happens that you will see all grievances surface -ask anyone in any relationship. The girl can chew with her mouth open, that if you love her, you do not care. If you do not lover her, if her pinkie toe is half an inch deviant, the relationship is doomed. - Icon
Forumosan avatar
bismarck
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)
 
Posts: 11605
Joined: 07 Jan 2005, 04:44
Location: Tainan City 台彎, 台南
150 Recommends(s)
141 Recognized(s)

6000

Re: Look for Friends :)

Postby pgdaddy1 » 18 Jun 2012, 14:13

bismarck wrote:
irenelin wrote:Im Irene, a Taiwanese, was living in Australia for a while and I love traveling, making some friends from all over the world.
It's also hard for me to meet some foreigners in Taipei, I didnt mean there's no any foreigners here but what I said is I don't think it's easy to get close to you since
hanging out with people from same country or sharing same language is always easier.

Im quite bad at teaching Mandrine if you're eager to learn grammer... but happy to practice with and share some culture to.
Im working in Taipei near 饒河 night market. Welcome any of you send me a msg and we may have a cup of coffee or drink then.:)

Good luck, and all that. You seem really sweet. But here's some advice. People respond better if they aren't branded as foreigners, adogah, laowai, or waiguoren all the time. :2cents:


You know Bis, this is actually one situation where I wouldn't be offended in being referred to as a "foreigner". And that's what we would call ourselves in this kind of conversation, no ? What other word or phrase do you suggest that she use: "people from other countries" ? Bit of a waste of words, it means exactly the same as "foreigner".
Forumosan avatar
pgdaddy1
Chinese Class Dropout (Zhōngwén kè zhōngchuòshēng)
Chinese Class Dropout (Zhōngwén kè zhōngchuòshēng)
 
Posts: 748
Joined: 01 Apr 2011, 20:05
Location: Barcelona
108 Recommends(s)
46 Recognized(s)

6000

Re: Look for Friends :)

Postby bismarck » 18 Jun 2012, 23:01

pgdaddy1 wrote:
bismarck wrote:
irenelin wrote:Im Irene, a Taiwanese, was living in Australia for a while and I love traveling, making some friends from all over the world.
It's also hard for me to meet some foreigners in Taipei, I didnt mean there's no any foreigners here but what I said is I don't think it's easy to get close to you since
hanging out with people from same country or sharing same language is always easier.

Im quite bad at teaching Mandrine if you're eager to learn grammer... but happy to practice with and share some culture to.
Im working in Taipei near 饒河 night market. Welcome any of you send me a msg and we may have a cup of coffee or drink then.:)

Good luck, and all that. You seem really sweet. But here's some advice. People respond better if they aren't branded as foreigners, adogah, laowai, or waiguoren all the time. :2cents:


You know Bis, this is actually one situation where I wouldn't be offended in being referred to as a "foreigner". And that's what we would call ourselves in this kind of conversation, no ? What other word or phrase do you suggest that she use: "people from other countries" ? Bit of a waste of words, it means exactly the same as "foreigner".

Indeed, and I didn't mean to come over as negative. Sorry if it did. I was just making a general statement.
Image
World Champions 1995, 2007; Tri-Nations champions 1998, 2004, 2009; Grand Slam Champions 1912/13, 1931/32, 1951/52, 1960/61; Defeated British & Irish Lions 1903, 1924, 1938, 1962, 1968, 1980, 2009
Image
Super 14 Champions 2007, 2009, 2010
Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy and the lash.
Sir Winston Churchill

Second of all, as in all honeymoons, all is well until it is not. It is until the unexpected happens that you will see all grievances surface -ask anyone in any relationship. The girl can chew with her mouth open, that if you love her, you do not care. If you do not lover her, if her pinkie toe is half an inch deviant, the relationship is doomed. - Icon
Forumosan avatar
bismarck
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)
 
Posts: 11605
Joined: 07 Jan 2005, 04:44
Location: Tainan City 台彎, 台南
150 Recommends(s)
141 Recognized(s)

6000

let's make friends!

Postby ROZA » 19 Jun 2012, 00:24

hello guys! I'm Roza and foreign student who study in kaohsiung first year. I'm gonna stay this summer here. so I want to make friend more!
let's introduce each other!
ROZA
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
 
Posts: 17
Joined: 21 Dec 2011, 13:49

6000

Want to meet new friends-moving to TW in August

Postby Kh_cincy » 19 Jun 2012, 07:39

I am moving to Taiwan in mid-August to teach English. I enjoy a pretty active and social lifestyle right now, and I don't want that to diminish while living in Taiwan. I am hoping to be able to meet some new friends, ex-pats would be cool, but I am open as long as you are not a psycho weirdo. :wink: I would just like to find some cool people to hang out with while I'm there. Would love to hear about your Taiwan experiences as well.
Kh_cincy
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
 
Posts: 18
Joined: 19 Jun 2012, 07:29

6000

Re: Want to meet new friends-moving to TW in August

Postby zender » 19 Jun 2012, 07:55

Dear Kh_cincy,

Welcome to the forum, and welcome to Taiwan! :)

I'm sure if you were able to find friends back home, you'll find more here. Sometimes people who start out with a school that's got a number of teachers quickly make friends with them (so a bigger school might be better for this). Other people sign up for Chinese classes and quickly find like-minded individuals to hang out with.

I'd be happy to have you as a friend.

Unfortunately, I'm one of those psycho weirdos. :( :discodance: :bluemad: :lick: :loco: :) :fume: :lol: :hand: :bravo: :noway: :roflmao: :liar:
zender
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)
 
Posts: 3067
Joined: 26 May 2005, 19:10
Location: In front of my computer
79 Recommends(s)
109 Recognized(s)

6000

PreviousNext




 
 
 x

Return to Dating & Relationships



Who is online

Forumosans browsing this forum: Brendon, Markova, superking and 3 visitors

If you woke up breathing, congratulations! You have another chance -- ANDREA BOYDSTON