aceman wrote:Hello, I'm curious to see what the dating mentality of white girls in Taiwan is. Here's a few simple questions for the white ladies on this forum:
1) Have you dated Asian guys while living in Asia, and if so how was your experience?
2) If you have dated Asians, did you genuinely wanted to pursue serious relationships with them, or was it more like just flings due to a "lack of options" or "boredom/loneliness" in Asia?
3) Have you dated Asian guys in the West, before you moved to Asia? Would you date Asian guys if you move back to the West now?
4) Have living in Asia changed your perception of Asian guys, positively or negatively?
5) Any difference between different types of Asians, ie Taiwanese, Mainlanders, Koreans, Japanese, Asian-Americans, etc?
6) Do your white female friends in Asia date Asian guys? What about your female friends back home in the West?
Share your thoughts!
1. I haven't dated Asia guys while living in Asia because I haven't lived in Asia yet. I am moving there in the fall for a study abroad program.
2. I would want a relationship.
3. I have dated mostly Asian guys here in the U.S. I would date them anywhere...in a house, with a mouse...lol
jk...but really I would. I have always had positive experiences.
4. I hope living in Asia only improves my perception of Asian guys
5. There are some differences...haven't dated Taiwanese guys but have dated Japanese/Korean, Asian-Americans, Maylasian/Mainlander mixes.
6. I actually don't have a single female friend who dates Asian guys
I think that is sad but mostly they want white, spanish, or black guys...but most of my friends aren't white either. (I'm half Mediterranean and French born in America) but I look really white.
Hope that helps!
Ok, sorry for skipping all the Mexico/Mexican food talk... I had to check the name of this thread a few times to be sure my eyes are not playing tricks.
a) I am dating a Taiwanese in here. But he was in US before, and he is pretty western minded. I took me very long to find a local guy here, and after a while I understood, if there would be any it would be one that has lived abroad before and has this more experienced and open-minded personality
b) So yeah, if you wanna talk Asian man once you're here, feel free to PM me
c) There are big differences in typical Japanese/Koreans/ABCs/Taiwanese etc. I mean there will always be exceptions, but in general. For me, Taiwanese guys are more what I'm looking for.
And as for Taiwan Luthiers
... I think the missionaries and those girls in the churches, they usually are very kind and helpful to people, you could say, they go the extra mile and so on... because they want to save your soul. Most of them will be really faithful to God, and will probably not go far with you in the relationship without wedding. So unless you have same set of believes, don't get your hopes high. I think religious differences may be much more difficult to overcome than the racial/nationality ones. It's not the Western/Asian problem. I know very faithful Taiwanese Christians, who got married to someone after just meeting them officially through church (the meeting was for the marriage intention). I mean, for me it's crazy, but I can tolerate it, though this would not be a community at which I would look for a boyfriend (fiance).
Otherwise, good luck~