Click here to go to our new forums at http://tw.forumosa.com
If you are a Forumosan Regular, when you log in for the FIRST TIME, you must RESET your password by using the Password Recovery system.

Usernames on the new forums must not contain any SPACES and must end with LETTER or a NUMBER; if yours does, you will be prompted to change your Username
Contact us at admin(at)forumosa(dot)com or @forumosa on Twitter or on our Facebook Page if you have any questions or problems logging back in

Advice and tips on dating taiwanese girls

A non-threatening place for individuals and couples living in Taiwan to discuss dating and relationship issues

Moderators: Tempo Gain, NonTocareLeTete

Forum rules
The Dating and Relationship Forum is a non-threatening place for individuals and couples living in Taiwan to discuss dating and relationship issues, including: love, romance, sex, communications, familial relationships, cultural issues, activities for couples, psychology, marriage, dating (i.e. "how to meet")

Please don't post personal ads here. They will be removed. Offensive posts will also be removed at the discretion of the moderators, including lewdness, excessive profanity, pornographic pictures, nasty and mean-spirited comments

If a post is moved to the Temporary Forum or edited, this is probably because the post is either off topic or violates one of the "general etiquette" rules. We'd like to keep this forum as open and friendly as possible - please keep these things in mind when posting. Thank you for your cooperation

Re: Advice and tips on dating taiwanese girls

Postby tommy525 » 12 Mar 2013, 12:24

good for YOU !! Thats the spirit.
User avatar
tommy525
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)
 
Posts: 19799
Joined: 14 Sep 2006, 17:25
Location: East Bay, CALIF



Re: Advice and tips on dating taiwanese girls

Postby valdrox » 12 Mar 2013, 12:33

FarFlungScot wrote:
tommy525 wrote:Your GF is an escort?!! :eek:


fixed

What he was really asking was : how did you find out she was an escort? :popcorn:
valdrox
Càiniǎo
Càiniǎo
 
Posts: 37
Joined: 30 Dec 2011, 09:35



Re: Advice and tips on dating taiwanese girls

Postby tommy525 » 12 Mar 2013, 13:39

Actually if a poster (who is able to speak freely without the burden of being known to others on the board) is able to expound upon this important subject. We could all learn a thing or two.

Some truths, half truths, etc:

1. most men are , at some time in their lives very willing to avail themselves of the services of an escort or two or three.

2. those same men usually shun a relationship with the same (outside of a sexual relationship). And are not willing to actually marry an escort or former escort should they know of her history.

3. but where do all those women go? Could it be some of them hide their past and marry ?

4. some girls (or many ) who are not actually escorts actually have had more sex with more partners then the professionals. Are these girls more or less "morally sound" ?

5. society teaches us to look down on women who for whatever reasons work the "oldest profession" ?
and yet, our very same society builds up the MEN who are very promiscuous. Making them into "alpha males".

Double standard?

Yes women who ply mankinds oldest trade are a microcosm of the world at large. There are nice ones and not so nice ones.

Yes perhaps they are "morally" handicapped if they engage in something that is considered a moral sin. But so are those who are addicted to gambling.

I say those who are able and willing to pursue a lady of the night and see her as a regular girl are better men then the most of us.... tommy included.

Iv had a few ladies of the night myself. And a few I pondered a relationship with even, but I was less the man then the OP.

Granted there are unique challenges.

This topic is certainly more avant - garde then most forumosa threads. Perhaps more sanguine for the french then most.

Or as we say in America. . . Its OUT there !
User avatar
tommy525
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)
 
Posts: 19799
Joined: 14 Sep 2006, 17:25
Location: East Bay, CALIF



Re: Advice and tips on dating taiwanese girls

Postby tommy525 » 12 Mar 2013, 13:44

FarFlungScot wrote:
tommy525 wrote:Your GF is an escort?!! :eek:


fixed


I am just hiding my internal W.T.F. ??
User avatar
tommy525
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)
 
Posts: 19799
Joined: 14 Sep 2006, 17:25
Location: East Bay, CALIF



Re: Advice and tips on dating taiwanese girls

Postby finley » 12 Mar 2013, 13:49

I don't think the fact that she's an escort is a problem per se - as I said (although it appears to have disappeared) that's between the two of them. It's that an escort will inevitably have some odd ideas about money, and to that extent I disagree with Hank79 that she's "culturally" the same as any other Taiwanese girl.

It's true that a lot of girls here are feckin' clueless with money and expect the BF to just hand out cash. But that, I suggest, is simply because nobody has ever bothered to teach them what money is or what it's for. Despite the Western idea that Chinese people are canny with money, I've found this simply isn't true - what's more accurate is to say that those who are canny with money are likely to do well in Chinese society, simply because so many other people are too willing to spend it thoughtlessly.

An escort is likely to have deep emotional issues about money. Spendthrift Taiwanese girls (who can't be convinced to handle money properly - whether theirs or someone else's) just aren't very bright.
"Global warming is happening and we KNOW that man is 100 percent responsible!!!"
- Fred Smith
User avatar
finley
Entering Second Childhood (èrdù tóngnián qī)
Entering Second Childhood (èrdù tóngnián qī)
 
Posts: 7145
Joined: 20 Jan 2011, 23:34



Re: Advice and tips on dating taiwanese girls

Postby tommy525 » 12 Mar 2013, 14:11

Im not sure its a deep emotional issue about money . MOst escorts do it as a job that pays the bills. They may have some situation that put them in that position. Some , or perhaps even many, later come to "enjoy" their jobs. AT least some do I am sure.

Its their ability to do whatever it takes to get the money they feel they need.

Doesnt make them better at handling money though. Because they often fall into the trap of competing with each other in owning gucci handbags and other accoutrements.
User avatar
tommy525
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)
 
Posts: 19799
Joined: 14 Sep 2006, 17:25
Location: East Bay, CALIF



Re: Advice and tips on dating taiwanese girls

Postby lemerou » 12 Mar 2013, 22:41

Well the line bewteen an escort and a regular girl is pretty thin.
As most women has, have been and will trade sex for confort and money in her life in a way or another, be it explicit or non explicit.
(not PC to say this, I know)

So i really don't think his gf being an escort is an issue.

What is more the issue is the way taiwanese girls seems to handle money wich seems to be a real problem, according to you guys.
lemerou
Mastered ordering "beer" in Chinese (jīngtōng le yòng Guóyǔ shuō "píjiǔ")
Mastered ordering "beer" in Chinese (jīngtōng le yòng Guóyǔ shuō "píjiǔ")
 
Posts: 102
Joined: 18 Aug 2011, 20:48



Re: Advice and tips on dating taiwanese girls

Postby tommy525 » 12 Mar 2013, 23:41

Most TW young ladies are not good with holding on to money. We can probably hold that to be true. IN fact most young ladies PERIOD are not good with holding on to money.

HECK, im not too good with holding onto money either (I always seem to have a female around that can spend it for me).
User avatar
tommy525
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)
 
Posts: 19799
Joined: 14 Sep 2006, 17:25
Location: East Bay, CALIF



Re: Advice and tips on dating taiwanese girls

Postby tommy525 » 28 Apr 2013, 12:03

spruce up your chinese speaking abilities. It will widen very considerably the number of girls you can interact with in Taiwan. Fact is , probably 90pct of Taiwanese girls speak next to zero english.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wAF4llmd78
User avatar
tommy525
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)
 
Posts: 19799
Joined: 14 Sep 2006, 17:25
Location: East Bay, CALIF



Re: Advice and tips on dating taiwanese girls

Postby valdrox » 28 Apr 2013, 12:57

tommy525 wrote:spruce up your chinese speaking abilities. It will widen very considerably the number of girls you can interact with in Taiwan. Fact is , probably 90pct of Taiwanese girls speak next to zero english.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wAF4llmd78

:lick: -> :noway: -> :ponder:
valdrox
Càiniǎo
Càiniǎo
 
Posts: 37
Joined: 30 Dec 2011, 09:35



FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext




Return to Dating & Relationships



Who is online

Forumosans browsing this forum: No Forumosans and 2 guests