Negative aura only attracts negative ones.
Do what you comfortable at, and by chance, you'll meet someone there.
If you are an active sportsman, don't try to get girls from library.
The girls will notice your awkwardness with books.
If you can't handle car traffic because of chronic car-sick, don't try to impress her by going around town with car.
You're gonna get car-sick and possibly puke which never gonna impress the girl.
Go ride a bike on bike path instead.
If you can't handle summer outdoor activity, don't go out on mid daylight in Taipei's summer.
You're gonna get heatstroke and surely won't impress her.
Try cafe instead.
I don't think local scene of bar/nightclubs are good to get girls for a typical man.
Unless of course, you look strikingly un-local.
Being a typical Asian without Chinese skills, I usually have difficulties even getting interaction with any person in the club (m/f/local/foreign).
Some of my successful ask-a-girl-to-go-out invitations in Taiwan.
1. Free tickets for a football game (better be a decent game in a real stadium, not some crappy highschoolers play kicks)
I think it works for musical concert or other more upscale event as well. But you need to spend (first) for this one, by buying the tickets.
2. Hiking (don't ever try this on summer!)
3. If the girl is a local, you could pretend have no clue about Chinese, and ask her for a help dealing with things that need to be done using Chinese... say making a visa photo for applying US-visa in one of the local photo shops.
4. Foreign girl more complicated, but bit flirty jokes comes handy when trying to get attention from social media.
5. I can't help you with feminists, though. They are the toughest nut to crack, usually ends with them making bad words at me.