Chimpanzees getting "freedom" ; this scene chokes me up

Chimpanzees getting "freedom" ; this scene chokes me up

Postby fenlander » 07 Sep 2011, 04:16

This scene is staying in my mind and I cannot remove it. I wish I had not watched it; very sad but emotional at the same time. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it. Chimpanzees getting "freedom" from a life of experimentation. Experiments on apes have to stop. I can think of plenty of humans that could take their place like serial killers and war criminals. Anyway I am glad they finally got their freedom from that nightmare.
[url]
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/vi ... light.html[/url]
fenlander
Second Landlord (èr fáng dōng)

ORIGINAL POSTER
25 Recommends(s)
22 Recognized(s)

Re: this scene chokes me up

Postby darienpeak » 07 Sep 2011, 06:15

fenlander wrote:This scene is staying in my mind and I cannot remove it. I wish I had not watched it; very sad but emotional at the same time. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it. Chimpanzees getting "freedom" from a life of experimentation. Experiments on apes have to stop. I can think of plenty of humans that could take their place like serial killers and war criminals. Anyway I am glad they finally got their freedom from that nightmare.
[url]
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/vi ... light.html[/url]

Agent Smith in the Matrix pretty much summed up mankind accurately; human beings are a a disease, a cancer of this planet. I can accept that we are omnivores and that some animal experimentation allows for scientific progress, but is experimentation to the degree of a cartoon series supervillain really necessary? I think I'm having the same basic emotional response to this video as you but I'm glad I saw it.

As a sidenote, you don't really mean that about serial killers and war criminals, just blowing off steam?
Forumosan avatar
darienpeak
Mastered ordering "beer" in Chinese (jīngtōng le yòng Guóyǔ shuō "píjiǔ")
Mastered ordering "beer" in Chinese (jīngtōng le yòng Guóyǔ shuō "píjiǔ")

21 Recommends(s)
5 Recognized(s)

Postby tommy525 » 07 Sep 2011, 06:58

Man is the real animal, there is no doubt. IT was so awesome to see those chimps. They should never have been made to live indoors for decades. Mistreated is a major understatement. In fact no medical experiments of any kind should have been made on them at all.

We should move to end all animal abuse in the form of animal experiments. IF experiments MUST be made in order to benefit mankind . We should use condemned criminals. They at least should be made to benefit mankind somehow. But even so they should not be mistreated unduly.

Actually ways must be found where experiments need not be done where-ever possible. And if so then on much lesser forms of life (snail perhaps? Fish?)

Maybe only nonpainful experiments on criminals who have been extremely cruel only.

But even so, thats not all that right.
Forumosan avatar
tommy525
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

621 Recommends(s)
391 Recognized(s)

Postby fenlander » 07 Sep 2011, 09:52

darienpeak wrote:
fenlander wrote:As a sidenote, you don't really mean that about serial killers and war criminals, just blowing off steam?

Partly true. If it was a choice between experimenting on lets say Fred West or a chimpanzee that has been snatched from the wild. I'd go with Fred West yes.
Those chimps have harmed no one. There are not that many left especially when you compare their numbers to their cousins humans, so yeah I'd go with Fred West.
However, I'd rather not experiment on either but if you only gave me two choices then Fred West it would be.
Anyway lets not go of track.
fenlander

ORIGINAL POSTER
25 Recommends(s)
22 Recognized(s)

Postby fenlander » 07 Sep 2011, 09:55

tommy525 wrote:Man is the real animal, there is no doubt. IT was so awesome to see those chimps. They should never have been made to live indoors for decades. Mistreated is a major understatement. In fact no medical experiments of any kind should have been made on them at all.

We should move to end all animal abuse in the form of animal experiments. IF experiments MUST be made in order to benefit mankind . We should use condemned criminals. They at least should be made to benefit mankind somehow. But even so they should not be mistreated unduly.

Actually ways must be found where experiments need not be done where-ever possible. And if so then on much lesser forms of life (snail perhaps? Fish?)

Maybe only nonpainful experiments on criminals who have been extremely cruel only.

But even so, thats not all that right.

To quote the great hunter General Zaroff "Man is the Most Dangerous Animal of All".
fenlander

ORIGINAL POSTER
25 Recommends(s)
22 Recognized(s)

Re: Chimpanzees getting "freedom" ; this scene chokes me up

Postby bree1818 » 07 Sep 2011, 18:44

I'm not poking fun at this at all, but I read the topic title, and the first thing I thought of was the Rise of the Planet of the Apes movie. I watched that this morning ><
bree1818
Grasshopper (cǎo měng)

2 Recommends(s)

Postby fenlander » 07 Sep 2011, 21:44

bree1818 wrote:I'm not poking fun at this at all, but I read the topic title, and the first thing I thought of was the Rise of the Planet of the Apes movie. I watched that this morning ><

No not at all making fun of it; I thought of that immediately too and it made it even more moving. :thumbsup: It was a great movie and I saw it on the big screen. I am quite a fan of the whole series even the first ones with Charlton Heston.
fenlander

ORIGINAL POSTER
25 Recommends(s)
22 Recognized(s)

Postby bree1818 » 07 Sep 2011, 21:58

fenlander wrote:
bree1818 wrote:I'm not poking fun at this at all, but I read the topic title, and the first thing I thought of was the Rise of the Planet of the Apes movie. I watched that this morning ><

No not at all making fun of it; I thought of that immediately too and it made it even more moving. :thumbsup: It was a great movie and I saw it on the big screen. I am quite a fan of the whole series even the first ones with Charlton Heston.

Lol, this one was a bit too intense for me. So I read this and immediately adrenaline shot up.

Anyways, sorry for hyjacking the thread >.<
bree1818
Grasshopper (cǎo měng)

2 Recommends(s)

Postby Lili » 07 Sep 2011, 22:44

So... if they had been locked in a cage for their entire lives and had never seen or experienced light before, they could not know what "freedom" is. Yet again, man imposing his worldview on other species...
The chimps were probably more like "Wow! This different! Oh hey, friend, I'ma hug you cause you're standing right behing me" and most certainly not "FREE!! I'm FREE!! BABY WE'VE MADE IT!"

(This statement simply reflects my logical process and in no way represents my views on animal testing or mistreatment.)
"I wanted to be puzzled and charmed, to experience the endless, beguiling variety of a continent where you can board a train and an hour later be somewhere where the inhabitants speak a different language, eat different foods, work different hours, live lives that are at once so different and yet so oddly similar. I wanted to be a tourist," Bill Bryson.
"...But I ended up in Taiwan," Lili.

Never underestimate how much assistance,
how much satisfaction,
how much comfort,
how much soul and transcendence there might be
in a cold bottle of beer.
-Tom Robbins
Forumosan avatar
Lili
Eldest Grandchild (zhǎngsūn)
Eldest Grandchild (zhǎngsūn)

21 Recommends(s)
23 Recognized(s)

Postby Tempo Gain » 07 Sep 2011, 23:18

Lili wrote:Yet again, man imposing his worldview on other species...
The chimps were probably more like "Wow! This different! Oh hey, friend, I'ma hug you cause you're standing right behing me" and most certainly not "FREE!! I'm FREE!! BABY WE'VE MADE IT!"

)

That indeed was pretty stupid. I thought he was just scared. They were all baring their teeth.
Forumosan avatar
Tempo Gain
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

337 Recommends(s)
327 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Next

Proceed to Pets & Other Animals