Dogs that snore...

Dogs that snore...

Postby Icon » 07 Apr 2012, 21:48

Vet says that Bobby snores because his face is flat. Yep, Toto has a longer snout, Bobby seems to be more "puglike". as I watch him sleep, I also have to bear with loud snoring, and most nights, he also suffers from nightmares or very realistic dreams, as he whimpers, barks, and chases stuff in his sleep.

Do you have this situation with your pets? Is it a cause for concern? Vet just wants Bobby to avoid allergens, but we already have the air purifier in the living room.
"Lo urgente no deja tiempo para lo importante". Mafalda

"Nice guy? Who gives a shit? If you want to work here, close."
Forumosan avatar
Icon
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
732 Recommends(s)
573 Recognized(s)

Re: Dogs that snore...

Postby urodacus » 07 Apr 2012, 23:10

make him sleep in the spare bedroom, unless he's made more than 40,000 at poker that night.

just like any normal husband.
The prizes are a bottle of f*!@#$% SCOTCH and a box of cheap f!@#$#$ CIGARS!

Too many people! Almost all of the world's problems are due to overpopulation. The rest are due to religion.

50% of the world's wild animals have disappeared in the last 50 years. Did you eat them, or eat their house?
Forumosan avatar
urodacus
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

211 Recommends(s)
266 Recognized(s)

Postby kaikai34 » 07 Apr 2012, 23:38

I think like people, weight has a part in the equation. My old English has gotten a bit portly in her old age and has started snoring much more often than when she was a pup.
Forumosan avatar
kaikai34
Chinese Class Dropout (Zhōngwén kè zhōngchuòshēng)
Chinese Class Dropout (Zhōngwén kè zhōngchuòshēng)

22 Recommends(s)
34 Recognized(s)

Postby Tigerman » 08 Apr 2012, 00:50

Sometimes certain breeds just snore, despite their general physical shape (weight). My guy is a champion snorer, like most of his breed.

We worry a bit when he goes quiet!
As it is, we seem to regard it as a positive objection to a reasoner that he has taken one side or the other. We regard it (in other words) as a positive objection to a reasoner that he has contrived to reach the object of his reasoning. We call a man a bigot or a slave of dogma because he is a thinker who has thought thoroughly and to a definite end.

Tigerman
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

261 Recommends(s)
195 Recognized(s)

Postby Confuzius » 08 Apr 2012, 19:43

y dog snores a bit, always had.

Since he was just a few weeks old he has really intense dreams. Little 'woof woof woof' barks, legs running...its super cute.

I don't think you need to worry.
"Knowledge alone is transitory, the outcrop subsequent to 'I desire all things'". - A. O. Spare
Confuzius
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)

113 Recommends(s)
76 Recognized(s)

Postby Super Hans » 08 Apr 2012, 21:46

My dog snores and he has a snout which would make Concorde proud.
The bones got the wrong detail I hoped it would have for you
Safe for a shin bone or even a hand
It's such a lonely ride...
Forumosan avatar
Super Hans
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)

42 Recommends(s)
149 Recognized(s)

Postby omerojs » 09 Apr 2012, 09:20

I have a french bulldog and he snores when he is sitting, playing, walking, sleeping, eating, playing with his winnie (yes he does that)... mm now that I think about its easier to say when he doesnt snore hahaha... but its really hard to tell..
so yes, in some cases the snoring is due to flat nose..
Just about Everything can be done in Taiwan!!
Forumosan avatar
omerojs
Eldest Grandchild (zhǎngsūn)
Eldest Grandchild (zhǎngsūn)

5 Recognized(s)

Postby Icon » 14 Apr 2012, 16:13

Thank you for all the comments. I'm trying to get a video of Bobby in action for your perusal.

Urodacus: Bobby sleeps in the living room. That I can hear him from my bedroom I think it's cause for concern.

KaiKai: he's a bit big for a 2 year old, he's over 5 kilos -5.34 last time he was at the vet- and he was a bit under 4 when I found him. But he's not fat nor old.

Tigerman: Dunno if Maltese snore a lot or not. Vet says it's because of the snout. He does overheat more easily than Toto, pants more after walking the same distance, and Toto is way older. But vet says his heart is OK.

Confuzius: I just wonder if he's traumatized or anything emotional so he has all these vivid nightmares... yes, I think tyoo much.

Hans: jajajaja, yeah, that's an exception, the little sausage dog.

Omerjos: vaya, ese es el campeon de los ronquidos! nunca lo he visto hacer despierto!
"Lo urgente no deja tiempo para lo importante". Mafalda

"Nice guy? Who gives a shit? If you want to work here, close."
Forumosan avatar
Icon
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
732 Recommends(s)
573 Recognized(s)

Postby Pingdong » 16 Apr 2012, 02:32

that dog in the pic even looks like he's giving a good earful!

our dogs dont snore, but in deep sleep have a talking/crying kind of thing going on. I have noticed though that all the dogs we have had here (either purebred formosa something or similar looking street dogs) have long noses and are fairly muscular and lean, never a snore. I wonder if the squishy face thing is to blame a lot of the time?
Pingdong
Sidewalk Geomancer (lù biān suàn mìng tān)
Sidewalk Geomancer (lù biān suàn mìng tān)

20 Recommends(s)
52 Recognized(s)

Postby Tigerman » 16 Apr 2012, 09:01

Icon wrote:Tigerman: Dunno if Maltese snore a lot or not. Vet says it's because of the snout. He does overheat more easily than Toto, pants more after walking the same distance, and Toto is way older. But vet says his heart is OK.

Apparently, many Maltese dogs snore. For most, I assume it has to do with the short snout. But, other factors can contribute, such as allergies and weight (overweight). My D o f u (what's with the spell-corrector here for this word?) is in fair shape for a 9.5 year old Sharpei. He doesn't do well in the heat, either. But, he snores and snorts all the time, whether he's lean and mean or chubby and tubby. Also, it doesn't seem to matter what his sleeping posture is... he snores all the time!

Image Image

Image Image

Pingdong wrote:that dog in the pic even looks like he's giving a good earful!

Oh, he sure is! :lol:
As it is, we seem to regard it as a positive objection to a reasoner that he has taken one side or the other. We regard it (in other words) as a positive objection to a reasoner that he has contrived to reach the object of his reasoning. We call a man a bigot or a slave of dogma because he is a thinker who has thought thoroughly and to a definite end.

Tigerman
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

261 Recommends(s)
195 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Pets & Other Animals