Sanctuary being torn down. We need your help!!! - click here for details
You can also visit TheSanctuaryTaiwan.org - click here to go to their contact page

How many horses need die before it ends?

How many horses need die before it ends?

Postby tommy525 » 15 Apr 2012, 11:33

http://msn.foxsports.com/horseracing/st ... in-041412/

Steeple chase should end. And so should bull fighting. Unnecessary and brutal these "sports".
Forumosan avatar
tommy525
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
589 Recommends(s)
370 Recognized(s)

Re: How many horses need die before it ends?

Postby sulavaca » 15 Apr 2012, 11:59

I guess it will end if people no longer find it entertaining. Personally I don't find horse racing entertaining for the same reasons you protest. I like horse racing movies though, if they are filmed well. Ending animal cruelty as some define it will not end though. Animals will always be subject to hierarchy as are the laws of nature. It's what drives creationalism, sorry, evolution. Will we evolve to become herbivores and respect the existence of all living creatures? I don't know. I'm willing to bet that it won't happen any time soon though if it does happen at all. Perhaps starting with sports might be the beginning of a global human movement towards the respect and air treatment of animals. Perhaps it won't. There will often be two sides to this argument, and I don't believe that one side is necessarily correct. Humans have been eating and abusing other animal species since I don't know when, and many other animals do the same. Is this a necessary part of nature? I'll leave that for you to decide. I'm not confident enough to provide an answer on that one.
I generally try to live without going out of my way to abuse other animal species, but I still abuse them as a by product of living.
Visit actaiwan.org for Car Rentals, servicing, repairs, Used Car Purchasing, Inspections, Articles and Useful Information on Taiwan Motoring.
Check out A.C. on Facebook
Forumosan avatar
sulavaca
Has-been Pop Star (guòshí míngxīng)
Has-been Pop Star (guòshí míngxīng)

4 Recommends(s)
58 Recognized(s)

Postby omerojs » 22 May 2012, 15:34

I really don't see how can you compare bull fighting with horse racing...
I have nothing against horse racing as it is a sport, most of those horses have a "king's life" in some way, they eat super special food, travel in first class, get proper life style, lots of exercise and many other things... accidents happen all the time.. for example a man in a bycicle hit by a man in a car... or a kid falling of slide.. but that is not cruelty.. its just an accident..
if you want to complain about animal abuse then how about illegal dog fighting which is common in central and south Taiwan, or bull fighting which I do find a horrible act.. and many other activities that involve animal cruelty...
Just about Everything can be done in Taiwan!!
Forumosan avatar
omerojs
Eldest Grandchild (zhǎngsūn)
Eldest Grandchild (zhǎngsūn)

5 Recognized(s)

Postby sandman » 22 May 2012, 17:30

One dead steeplechaser can feed a whole SHITLOAD of abandoned dogs, don't forget.
sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)

28 Recommends(s)
199 Recognized(s)

Postby Ducked » 22 May 2012, 23:11

sandman wrote:One dead steeplechaser can feed a whole SHITLOAD of abandoned dogs, don't forget.

Seems a waste. Horsemeat is really nice, and hard to find outside France.

(The dogs could have the bones, though.)
We reach for the sky. Neither does civilisation.

(Incidentally, if the search button is your friend, you must have some bloody useless, dysfunctional friends)
Forumosan avatar
Ducked
Overpaid Foreign Athlete (duō fù xīn shuǐ guò gāo de wài jí yùn dòng yuán)

9 Recommends(s)
48 Recognized(s)

Postby jimipresley » 22 May 2012, 23:25

Stop it with the snark already, lads. This is Pets and Other Animals, not International Politics. :bow:

Now, if tommy were sincere and didn't eat meat nor wear leather, I would have Temped your posts. :wink:
You can live here and have a great life and not be the least bit into living the local life. Clowns will try to diss you for it saying you gotta get down with the program, but fuck em, treat this place like a buffet and yous be on a diet. Take what you want and nothing extra, slam those oysters, but leave the bread sticks and dinner rolls behind. - Deuce Dropper

I'm much more of a nasty rotter in real life, especially with vapid or vacuous verbiage from the ill read & intellectually challenged. - TheGingerMan

Don't be a cheap cunt. - Deuce Dropper
Forumosan avatar
jimipresley
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

992 Recommends(s)
374 Recognized(s)

Postby Ducked » 23 May 2012, 00:03

Allright.

Before I go to bed though (checking for horses heads, Godfather stylee) I'll make the obvious point that always seems to escape my Ching Hai acquaintances when promulgating pictures of peaceful porkers.

If there is no steeplechasing (which I'm not interested in, and don't care to defend) there will be no steeplechasers, dead or alive.

EDIT:

IOW, LOTS of horses need to die if and when it ends.

Its our world. Poor it and poor us.

ENDEDIT

(Incidentally, if the search button is your friend, you must have some bloody useless, dysfunctional friends)
Forumosan avatar
Ducked

9 Recommends(s)
48 Recognized(s)

Postby tommy525 » 23 May 2012, 00:36

jimipresley wrote:Stop it with the snark already, lads. This is Pets and Other Animals, not International Politics. :bow:

Now, if tommy were sincere and didn't eat meat nor wear leather, I would have Temped your posts. :wink:

ITs not a case of eating meat. Its a case of cruelty to animals. Animals to be slaughtered for meat is in itself sad yes. And we probably should all eat a whole lot less meat. I myself try to restrict my meat to chickens rather then cattle or pigs. Believing they are prehaps less evolved. Maybe a wrong concept.

The matter is pain and unnecessary suffering.

We have seen slaughter house abuse of animals. Very wrong. Animals who are to be slaughtered for meat should not undergo undue duress or physical pain.

Using animals in such a way (bullfighting, less so steeple chase) is cruel and non necessary infliction of pain and suffering.

Its one thing to be killed, but to the TORTURED and killed is quite another.

This post was recommended by 2 Forumosans: GC Rider (28 Jun 2012, 17:49), jimipresley (23 May 2012, 00:40)
Rating: 8%
Forumosan avatar
tommy525
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
589 Recommends(s)
370 Recognized(s)

Postby Ducked » 23 May 2012, 13:05

Animals should only be killed by a head or heart shot from a Mannlicher-Schönauer 6.5, fired from within charging range, in the early morning after rain, when the plains are covered with small white flowers.

Only the steadiest sort of chap can manage that with a chicken.

Forumosan avatar
Ducked

9 Recommends(s)
48 Recognized(s)

Postby tommy525 » 24 May 2012, 09:42

Ducked wrote:Animals should only be killed by a head or heart shot from a Mannlicher-Schönauer 6.5, fired from within charging range, in the early morning after rain, when the plains are covered with small white flowers.

Only the steadiest sort of chap can manage that with a chicken.

Indeed, it would be very hard to drop a large bull using only a chicken.
Forumosan avatar
tommy525
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
589 Recommends(s)
370 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Next

Proceed to Pets & Other Animals