Large Pet Store / Petsmart or Petco Type (Dogs)

Large Pet Store / Petsmart or Petco Type (Dogs)

Postby Chopper » 17 Apr 2012, 18:07

I've seen a few pet stores here and there but most of them have a very limited stock with poor quality food or small selection of toys for dogs. Anyone have any idea where I can go to get high quality food like orijen or wellness? Also, I'm trying to find toys for my dog like Kong or anything rubber or something for heavy chewers. I live around Shi-Da / Taipower area so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Chopper
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

ORIGINAL POSTER
1 Recognized(s)

Re: Large Pet Store / Petsmart or Petco Type (Dogs)

Postby Tiare » 18 Apr 2012, 10:15

Not a big one, but this place : http://tw.mall.yahoo.com/store/hapet has kongs and orijen (as well as nylabone stuff and zuke's treats, if you're looking for those). They have a storefront that's located about 3 blocks north of the Zhongxiao Dunhua MRT station. It's the only pet store I've found that regularly has American toys and treats.

I haven't ordered from their online store yet, but the clerk told me that if you order more than $800 worth of stuff, delivery is free.
Tiare
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

9 Recognized(s)

Postby Icon » 18 Apr 2012, 10:40

Chopper wrote:I've seen a few pet stores here and there but most of them have a very limited stock with poor quality food or small selection of toys for dogs. Anyone have any idea where I can go to get high quality food like orijen or wellness? Also, I'm trying to find toys for my dog like Kong or anything rubber or something for heavy chewers. I live around Shi-Da / Taipower area so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

In the area you live in the rent is too high for pet shops to be large enough to have a decent variety. The closest to your location is the one I told you about in Gongguan. The next available huge pet market would be the cluster of pet shops on Keelung (Jilong) Road, at the entrance of the Tonghua Night Market. Four blocks of pet stores, humongous to small. Try Cat Garden. From Shi-Da, take bus 284 in Hoping, will drop you off right in front of it.

Due to space/cost concerns, Petsmart, heck, any type of large hypermarket type of stores are rare compared to the West. You will not find them smack in teh middle of the city, that's where you live. There is one I've seen in Xindian, on Zhongzheng Road, far from MRT, and in Zhonghe next to the express highway. Not very convenient, and too glarish to look at.
"Lo urgente no deja tiempo para lo importante". Mafalda

"Nice guy? Who gives a shit? If you want to work here, close."

TOMMY WAS THE ONE WHO STARTED THE AVATAR BUSINESS!
Forumosan avatar
Icon
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

593 Recommends(s)
468 Recognized(s)

Postby Chopper » 18 Apr 2012, 21:59

thanks ill check out the one in Gongguan and zhongxiao :D
Chopper

ORIGINAL POSTER
1 Recognized(s)

x

Return to Pets & Other Animals