Dogs and Cats Looking For a Home

Please post your messages regarding Animal Rescues, Emergencies, & Adoptions here.

Dogs and Cats Looking For a Home

Postby kaikai34 » 20 Apr 2012, 22:41

I went to the Wu Gu Animal Shelter this afternoon and took a bunch of pictures of a dogs and cats available for adoption. It is a public animal shelter and so these guys only have 12 days to adopted or they will be put down. If you have been thinking about getting a dog, please consider one of these guys.

Thanks!

This post was recommended by NonTocareLeTete (20 Apr 2012, 23:42)
Rating: 5.88%
Forumosan avatar
kaikai34
Chinese Class Dropout (Zhōngwén kè zhōngchuòshēng)

ORIGINAL POSTER
21 Recommends(s)
32 Recognized(s)

Re: Dogs and Cats Looking For a Home

Postby kaikai34 » 20 Apr 2012, 22:46

Here are a couple of videos taken today too!

Forumosan avatar
kaikai34

ORIGINAL POSTER
21 Recommends(s)
32 Recognized(s)

Postby cake » 21 Apr 2012, 13:32

I heard that Taiwanese don't like black dogs with white paws and these dogs will never be adopted. Why is that?
"War is just a racket. I helped make Mexico, safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefits of Wall Street. I helped purify Nicaragua for international banking in 1909-1912. In China I helped to see to it that Standard Oil went its way unmolested" - Major General Smedley Butler
http://lexrex.com/enlightened/articles/warisaracket.htm
cake
Gravel Truck Driver (suìshí chē sījī)
Gravel Truck Driver (suìshí chē sījī)

Location: Dubya - who has borrowed more $$$ than the previous 42 presidents combined
23 Recognized(s)

Postby kaikai34 » 21 Apr 2012, 17:46

cake wrote:I heard that Taiwanese don't like black dogs with white paws and these dogs will never be adopted. Why is that?

In Taiwanese they call it bei ka de and some of the older folks believe that they will bring bad luck to the owner.
Forumosan avatar
kaikai34

ORIGINAL POSTER
21 Recommends(s)
32 Recognized(s)

Postby blakomen » 02 Aug 2012, 01:14

they're all so cute :\ really wish my apartment allowed pets :( someone wanna renegotiate with the agent/landlord for me? :P
Forumosan avatar
blakomen
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

Postby jay209 » 02 Aug 2012, 16:04

May I know the location of this animal shelter? Will consider to adopt one after I get myself totally prepared.
Thanks in advance :)
jay209

Postby kaikai34 » 02 Aug 2012, 19:12

Are you interested in a cat or a dog? I can put you in touch with a temporary home for some of the dogs and cats that were rescued from that pound. They have been nursed back to health and are ready to be adopted. A lot of the dogs that we took out died quickly because they were in such bad condition. There was an outbreak of Parvo (I'm guessing) recently and a lot of dogs were put down.
Forumosan avatar
kaikai34

ORIGINAL POSTER
21 Recommends(s)
32 Recognized(s)

Postby alp4 » 04 Aug 2012, 09:34

We found a little puppy 2 weeks ago and are looking for a home for her. She is a small golden mix. The vet says she will is healthy and will grow to about 10 kg. She is very friendly and playful and is getting on well with our other dog. We are located in Zhonghe, New Taipei City. If you are interested in meeting her or would like to see some photos please pm me and I will send you our email address.
alp4

Postby alp4 » 04 Aug 2012, 10:24

Sorry - I am new and put my last post in the wrong place!
Good luck getting these pups adopted! There are so many lovely dogs out there needing homes!
alp4

Postby kaikai34 » 04 Aug 2012, 23:27

Dammit, you hijacked my thread. Just kidding. All posts encouraging the adoptions of cats and dogs are welcome! :)
Forumosan avatar
kaikai34

ORIGINAL POSTER
21 Recommends(s)
32 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Next

Proceed to Rescues, Adoptions, & Animal Emergencies