Wanting to buy a kitten

Wanting to buy a kitten

Postby rooney11 » 28 May 2012, 16:11

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum and new to Taiwan. I am looking to purchase or adopt a kitten but do not know where to look or go. I had a Bengal cat in America and would love to get another here. Can anyone help me on where to go to look for a new furry friend?

Thanks!

Rooney
rooney11
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

ORIGINAL POSTER

Re: Wanting to buy a kitten

Postby housecat » 28 May 2012, 16:12

Please do NOT buy a kitten! Contact Animals Taiwan and adopt. There are many lovely kitties that need a good home!
Forumosan avatar
housecat
Almost a God (jīhū shì shén)
Almost a God (jīhū shì shén)

95 Recommends(s)
113 Recognized(s)

Postby asiababy » 28 May 2012, 18:02

If you use facebook, try opening this link to see some gorgeous kittens waiting for new homes:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150843947632636.408840.600647635&type=1

You can send a PM to Ex Animo and ask him for details, too.
Family-friendly events and destinations Taiwan-wide. http://kidzone-tw.blogspot.com/
Looking for like-minded parents, a friendly space to take your kids, and classes for English-speaking children? http://www.parentsplace.com.tw
asiababy
Martyr's Shrine Guard (zhōngliècí wèibīng)
Martyr's Shrine Guard (zhōngliècí wèibīng)

2 Recommends(s)
45 Recognized(s)

Postby finley » 28 May 2012, 18:05

There have been several people advertising for kitten adoptions over the past couple of weeks (Bu Lai En just a few days ago). Please don't feed the pet shops.
"Global warming is happening and we KNOW that man is 100 percent responsible!!!"
- Fred Smith
Forumosan avatar
finley
Has-been Pop Star (guòshí míngxīng)
Has-been Pop Star (guòshí míngxīng)

668 Recommends(s)
544 Recognized(s)

Postby Bu Lai En » 28 May 2012, 19:16

Hi Rooney,

I have three very cute kittens which need homes.

Please take a look at this Forumosa thread or my Facebook post:

viewtopic.php?f=109&t=110336

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 635&type=1

I have news. Good news from Notting Hill. The consignment of white gold for Mr Anderson has arrived.

http://theboolion.wordpress.com/ Image
Forumosan avatar
Bu Lai En
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)

13 Recognized(s)

Postby rooney11 » 28 May 2012, 22:30

I am very unsure of how this process works. Can I come to see them? Are they vaccinated? How much is it to adopt? I am sorry I sound so ignorant, but I don't know how the process works. Thanks for the replys!

Rooney
rooney11

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby Bu Lai En » 28 May 2012, 22:58

rooney11 wrote:I am very unsure of how this process works. Can I come to see them? Are they vaccinated? How much is it to adopt? I am sorry I sound so ignorant, but I don't know how the process works. Thanks for the replys!

Rooney

For me, you could come and see them, but actually they are only 5 weeks old now. The best time to separate them from their mother will be between 8-12 weeks. This will also be best for you, as they will be easier to train and get used to your environment.

I won't ask for an adoption fee, but I will ask that you promise to care for them for life and get them neutered when they are old enough.

They aren't vaccinated or anything yet, as they are probably too young for that, but I have a very freindly vet very close, and would be happy to help you talk to him and see what is best for them and at what time.

FYI, I am in Xindian, but if you don't think it necessary to see the kittens first I will be happy to bring to you.

if you want to call, give me a PM and I'll give you my number, or message me on Facebook via the link above if you find that more convenient.
I have news. Good news from Notting Hill. The consignment of white gold for Mr Anderson has arrived.

Forumosan avatar
Bu Lai En

13 Recognized(s)

Postby Ex Animo » 29 May 2012, 07:46

Where's the Like button? :)
sean@thesanctuarytaiwan.org / 0920 620109

Call me for emergency animal rescue; any time of day or night is fine for real emergencies
Forumosan avatar
Ex Animo
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

24 Recommends(s)
40 Recognized(s)

Postby rooney11 » 02 Jun 2012, 13:38

Can I ask if any of the kittens are boys? I know that sounds stupid, but I would prefer a boy. I added you on facebook so if you would like to chat more then I would love that.

Thanks!

Rooney
rooney11

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby Bu Lai En » 02 Jun 2012, 16:30

rooney11 wrote:Can I ask if any of the kittens are boys? I know that sounds stupid, but I would prefer a boy. I added you on facebook so if you would like to chat more then I would love that.

Thanks!

Rooney

Sorry we don't know, but will let you know soon.

There was drama yesterday as the mother cat (who'd hidden them from us on another roof) tried to lead them back to our roof again. They couldn't jump the gap, and one fell down three floors! My wife crawled out into the tiny (filthy) space above the drain betwen the backs of the houses (via the neighbour's kitchen window) and managed to rescue them all and take them with their mother to the vet. Luckily they're all OK (they must have fallen a little bit at a time) and now the mother's being neutered (speyed?), and they've been deflead. Apparently the vet thinks it's fine to separate them from their mother now (for a while at least) and the risk of her getting pregnant again is too great to take. So now the kittens are in our bathroom.

Anyway, we have to take them back to get checked and pick up their mum early next week, so we'll ask him the sexes then.

I'm glad you're still interested and sorry that I didn't recognise your name on FB. I'll add you.

Brian

Forumosan avatar
Bu Lai En

13 Recognized(s)

Next

x

Return to Pets & Other Animals