Click here to go to our new forums at http://tw.forumosa.com
If you are a Forumosan Regular, when you log in for the FIRST TIME, you must RESET your password by using the Password Recovery system.

Usernames on the new forums must not contain any SPACES and must end with LETTER or a NUMBER; if yours does, you will be prompted to change your Username
Contact us at admin(at)forumosa(dot)com or @forumosa on Twitter or on our Facebook Page if you have any questions or problems logging back in

Say hello to my little friend

Re: Say hello to my little friend

Postby Icon » 14 Jul 2013, 00:09

Mukashi, do not read the following:

So, the gecko has spawned... in the bathroom. hence, every time I enter this sanctuary of privacy -hah! sarcasm, as anyone who has pets knows well that is not true- I am greeted by a flurry of tiny geckos scurrying about for cover.

I started with Peeping Tom Cats
Followed by Bath Guard Dogs
Now I have Jurassic Park!
Lo urgente no deja tiempo para lo importante. Mafalda.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Eat the delicious food. Walk in the sunshine. Jump in the ocean. Say the truth that you’re carrying in your heart like hidden treasure. Be silly. Be kind. Be weird. There’s no time for anything else.
Icon
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Postby mukashi » 15 Jul 2013, 19:36

So many horror stories!!!!!

I heard one last night, damn they survived the typhoon. Didn't get a "sighting" for over a week tho.
mukashi
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)

Postby shiadoa » 21 Jul 2013, 17:59

Day Hello to my big Friend ! Warms the heart :)
shiadoa
Time to Marry a Local (gāi qǔ tái wān lǎo pó jià tái wān lǎo gōng liǎo)
Time to Marry a Local (gāi qǔ tái wān lǎo pó jià tái wān lǎo gōng liǎo)

In Taiwan since: 29 Jun 2011

Postby Impaler » 21 Jul 2013, 18:29

mukashi wrote:So many horror stories!!!!!

I heard one last night, damn they survived the typhoon. Didn't get a "sighting" for over a week tho.

Just box them up and mail them to me. Sheesh. I will take all your unwanted geckos (except tokays).
It's amazing what getting out of the care of the Scottish National Health Service can do for your life expectancy.

"Mostly, nature looks after itself, if you let it. If you arrange things correctly, nature will do all the hard work for you, but it takes a lot of careful thought, planning, attention to detail, and a little experimentation. In other words, we're all doomed." -- finley
Impaler
Chinese Class Dropout (Zhōngwén kè zhōngchuòshēng)
Chinese Class Dropout (Zhōngwén kè zhōngchuòshēng)

Postby mukashi » 22 Jul 2013, 12:27

Impaler wrote:
mukashi wrote:So many horror stories!!!!!

Just box them up and mail them to me. Sheesh. I will take all your unwanted geckos (except tokays).

Uhm, there's so many at the first floor of my building... can give you and address if you want, but boxing it by myself is getting a little too close.

Funny story... as a kid, tokay geckos where popular pets in my country, and my parents promised to get me one. I was very excited, but after a few months they backed out of the promise. I was very upset and disappointed then, and NOW I blame them for my geckophobia. I am sure if I had one as a kid I would join your gecko-fans circle~
mukashi

Postby Icon » 15 Jul 2015, 09:27

I am sorry to report poor gecko was found this morning floating in Toto's water dish. All efforts to revive were fruitless. RIP.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Eat the delicious food. Walk in the sunshine. Jump in the ocean. Say the truth that you’re carrying in your heart like hidden treasure. Be silly. Be kind. Be weird. There’s no time for anything else.
Icon
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Postby hansioux » 15 Jul 2015, 10:00

Icon wrote:I am sorry to report poor gecko was found this morning floating in Toto's water dish. All efforts to revive were fruitless. RIP.

don't know about Gecko's life span, but that's a darn long time for the gecko to have lived in your place. It probably did too good a job cleaning up all the pests.
Don't confuse me with your reasonableness.
hansioux
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)

In Taiwan since: 30 Jun 2006

Postby finley » 15 Jul 2015, 10:22

They don't live too long when there are cats around, sadly.
"Global warming is happening and we KNOW that man is 100 percent responsible!!!"
- Fred Smith
finley
Entering Second Childhood (èrdù tóngnián qī)

Postby Icon » 15 Jul 2015, 10:59

It may or may not have been the gecko or probably one of its descendants. he leaned too far in the bowl and that was his demise. Friggin weather.

Icon
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Postby finley » 15 Jul 2015, 11:00

Poor thing. You'll have to set out a little gecko-sized water bowl in future :)
"Global warming is happening and we KNOW that man is 100 percent responsible!!!"
- Fred Smith
finley

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Return to Pets & Other Animals