Click here to go to our new forums at http://tw.forumosa.com
If you are a Forumosan Regular, when you log in for the FIRST TIME, you must RESET your password by using the Password Recovery system.

Usernames on the new forums must not contain any SPACES and must end with LETTER or a NUMBER; if yours does, you will be prompted to change your Username
Contact us at admin(at)forumosa(dot)com or @forumosa on Twitter or on our Facebook Page if you have any questions or problems logging back in

Say hello to my little friend

Re: Say hello to my little friend

Postby Icon » 24 Aug 2015, 14:19

I was hoping he had managed to cling to one of the dishes before being swallowed or maybe something along the way down. Alas, even as I stopped the water, I waited in silence for a little head to appear. No such luck.

Maybe yes, a la Nemo, he'll come out the other way... or out the other side of the Rainbow Bridge.
Lo urgente no deja tiempo para lo importante. Mafalda.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Eat the delicious food. Walk in the sunshine. Jump in the ocean. Say the truth that you’re carrying in your heart like hidden treasure. Be silly. Be kind. Be weird. There’s no time for anything else.
Icon
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Postby hansioux » 12 Oct 2015, 13:49

Poor thing. I was delighted to find a gecko in my kitchen the other day... but haven't seen it since. How did you manage to keep your cats away from your friend for so long? I wonder if my cat left it alone.
Don't confuse me with your reasonableness.
hansioux
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)

In Taiwan since: 30 Jun 2006

Postby Icon » 12 Oct 2015, 14:19

Nothing. As said, most of the time, roaches, moths, geckos... they all just go over their heads and they do nothing. They are 15 years old, that's 80 in human years,

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Eat the delicious food. Walk in the sunshine. Jump in the ocean. Say the truth that you’re carrying in your heart like hidden treasure. Be silly. Be kind. Be weird. There’s no time for anything else.
Icon
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Postby shastriarvind88 » 26 Apr 2016, 14:14

Hello little fellow.I have same creature revolving around My room's ceiling.eat mosquitoes ,small worms and buuterfly etc.
shastriarvind88
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

In Taiwan since: 13 Nov 1987

Postby Icon » 01 Jul 2016, 11:32

Guys and gals, I really need help in buiding a geecko watering station. We had another unfortunate demise by drowning. Any suggestions? Poor thing, he was huge, but fell in a soup bowl with some water at the bottom... not the prettiest sight early in the morning.

Icon
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Postby finley » 01 Jul 2016, 11:43

The ball'n'chain managed to do this to our resident lizardy thing in the garden. He is resident no more.

I had to explain to her about frog ladders.

A frog ladder is basically a branch that you put into anything that frogs might otherwise get trapped in. Anything that froggy feet can grip will do the job. One end rests in the water and the other end rests on the rim. Frog falls in, frog climbs out.

Works with geckos too, I guess.
"Global warming is happening and we KNOW that man is 100 percent responsible!!!"
- Fred Smith
finley
Entering Second Childhood (èrdù tóngnián qī)

Postby hansioux » 01 Jul 2016, 11:44

There are reptile pet stores around, perhaps they can offer the best advise. They have one of those in Hsinchu, where it's all reptiles, from turtles to snakes to geckos. Surely they have one in Taipei as well.

https://www.facebook.com/Sailor.reptile/

台北爬蟲類寵物店-水手兩棲爬蟲水族館- 台北市內湖區成功路四段61巷25弄1號 TEL : (02)2793-8000

台北爬蟲類寵物店-新旺水族寵物- 台北縣新莊市中正路853之6號1F Tel : (02)2906-8778 Mobile : 0922-747379

台北爬蟲類寵物店-大毅水族爬蟲專門店- 台北市萬華區和平西路三段14號 TEL : (02)2336-8907 Mobile : 0918-012158

台北爬蟲類寵物店-竑躍爬蟲水族坊-台北市士林區中正路655巷3弄1號1樓 TEL : (02)8811-1070 0913-483720

what I can find online so far.
Don't confuse me with your reasonableness.
hansioux

In Taiwan since: 30 Jun 2006

Postby Icon » 01 Jul 2016, 12:11

finley wrote:The ball'n'chain managed to do this to our resident lizardy thing in the garden. He is resident no more.

I had to explain to her about frog ladders.

A frog ladder is basically a branch that you put into anything that frogs might otherwise get trapped in. Anything that froggy feet can grip will do the job. One end rests in the water and the other end rests on the rim. Frog falls in, frog climbs out.

Works with geckos too, I guess.

:oops: But, but... I did not do it on purpose. :cry:

However, as a reasonably undamaged specimen, he will live on as part of my colleague's taxidermic display.

Icon
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Postby Icon » 01 Jul 2016, 12:14

hansioux wrote:There are reptile pet stores around, perhaps they can offer the best advise. They have one of those in Hsinchu, where it's all reptiles, from turtles to snakes to geckos. Surely they have one in Taipei as well.

https://www.facebook.com/Sailor.reptile/

台北爬蟲類寵物店-水手兩棲爬蟲水族館- 台北市內湖區成功路四段61巷25弄1號 TEL : (02)2793-8000

台北爬蟲類寵物店-新旺水族寵物- 台北縣新莊市中正路853之6號1F Tel : (02)2906-8778 Mobile : 0922-747379

台北爬蟲類寵物店-大毅水族爬蟲專門店- 台北市萬華區和平西路三段14號 TEL : (02)2336-8907 Mobile : 0918-012158

台北爬蟲類寵物店-竑躍爬蟲水族坊-台北市士林區中正路655巷3弄1號1樓 TEL : (02)8811-1070 0913-483720

what I can find online so far.

Thatnks. I'll look for one in Xindian. That did not occur to me, but given the endangered current population -though it is difficult to concentrate when you are watching TV and something is scurring about just by the corner of your eye. No, my cats do not scurry. They crash noisily. And Bobby carries a bell on his collar.

Icon
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Postby finley » 01 Jul 2016, 12:18

Icon wrote::oops: But, but... I did not do it on purpose. :cry:

Oh, I know. Just sayin', you can't stop them falling in, but you can help them get out.

Just get some bits of climb-able wood or plastic and drop them into any pot that animals are likely to get stuck inside. They'll figure it out by themselves.
"Global warming is happening and we KNOW that man is 100 percent responsible!!!"
- Fred Smith
finley

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Return to Pets & Other Animals