Click here to go to our new forums at http://tw.forumosa.com
If you are a Forumosan Regular, when you log in for the FIRST TIME, you must RESET your password by using the Password Recovery system.

Usernames on the new forums must not contain any SPACES and must end with LETTER or a NUMBER; if yours does, you will be prompted to change your Username
Contact us at admin(at)forumosa(dot)com or @forumosa on Twitter or on our Facebook Page if you have any questions or problems logging back in

Snakes!

Re: Snakes!

Postby jesus80 » 04 May 2016, 23:08

First herping night of the year, and not bad at all: one wolf snake, and one many banded krait.... eating what looked like a coral snake. I'll post pictures tomorrow, probably.

Lots of geckos and other bugs too.
jesus80
"Drinks for the House!"

Postby jesus80 » 05 May 2016, 10:51

We were not feeling very lucky until I spotted this...

"Snake! snake!"

A closer inspection revealed something interesting...

"Another snake! in its mouth!"

The poor coral bastard was trying its best to get out of the krait's fences...

"Hey... what's up guys... I'm just hanging out here"

A wolf snake had no interest in horizontal surfaces either

"Me too, mate"

"Bye!"

jesus80
"Drinks for the House!"

Postby urodacus » 05 May 2016, 11:50

today in Costa Rica I was fortunate to see a small cat-eye snake and a boa constrictor, tiny at 50 cm..... both curled up in leaves of palm trees and hiding in the daytime.
The prizes are a bottle of f*!@#$% SCOTCH and a box of cheap f!@#$#$ CIGARS!

Too many people! Almost all of the world's problems are due to overpopulation. The rest are due to religion.

50% of the world's wild animals have disappeared in the last 50 years. Did you eat them, or eat their house?
urodacus
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

Postby jesus80 » 05 May 2016, 12:14

urodacus wrote:today in Costa Rica I was fortunate to see a small cat-eye snake and a boa constrictor, tiny at 50 cm..... both curled up in leaves of palm trees and hiding in the daytime.

Costa Rica... now I feel envy...

did you take any shot of the animals?
jesus80
"Drinks for the House!"

Postby jesus80 » 15 May 2016, 18:30

Apparently some local politician took a caged cobra to the congress (or whatever) in Miaoli, for claimining that this animal is evil and should not be in the list of protected animals in Taiwan.

http://news.ltn.com.tw/photo/politics/b ... /1695406_1
jesus80
"Drinks for the House!"

Postby urodacus » 16 May 2016, 08:41

jesus80 wrote:
urodacus wrote:today in Costa Rica I was fortunate to see a small cat-eye snake and a boa constrictor, tiny at 50 cm..... both curled up in leaves of palm trees and hiding in the daytime.

Costa Rica... now I feel envy...

did you take any shot of the animals?

GF did, but I doubt ill see much more of that now, so No, i guess.

and today a dying Taiwan habu on the road on the way to work (Okinawa).
The prizes are a bottle of f*!@#$% SCOTCH and a box of cheap f!@#$#$ CIGARS!

Too many people! Almost all of the world's problems are due to overpopulation. The rest are due to religion.

50% of the world's wild animals have disappeared in the last 50 years. Did you eat them, or eat their house?
urodacus
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

Postby jesus80 » 26 May 2016, 23:07

Some nice findings: a hatori's coral snake (I think), a red banded snake and a Taiwan habu, all in number,bee 7 near Baling. The problem is that I ended up walking almost 12 km, and tomorrow I have to ride 70 or 80...
jesus80
"Drinks for the House!"

Postby onionsack » 01 Jun 2016, 21:59

[quote="jesus80"]We were not feeling very lucky until I spotted this...

"Snake! snake!"

A closer inspection revealed something interesting...

"Another snake! in its mouth!"

The poor coral bastard was trying its best to get out of the krait's fences...

HOLY MOLY, are you kidding me? A krait eating a MacClelland's Coral Snake?? Amazing sighting! Do you remember the km mark? :notworthy:
onionsack
Mastered ordering "beer" in Chinese (jīngtōng le yòng Guóyǔ shuō "píjiǔ")
Mastered ordering "beer" in Chinese (jīngtōng le yòng Guóyǔ shuō "píjiǔ")

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Postby jesus80 » 02 Jun 2016, 07:24

Hey, so that was in GuanYingShan, not in number 7... a little bird told me that you've been there a couple of days ago... well, I went there last week and got to see some snakes too! I'd like to return some time soon :)

I'll post some pictures when I have time.
jesus80
"Drinks for the House!"

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Return to Pets & Other Animals