Sanctuary being torn down. We need your help!!! - click here for details
You can also visit TheSanctuaryTaiwan.org - click here to go to their contact page

What kind of shit is this?

Postby Rascal » 26 Nov 2003, 16:20

YUK!
Sign here
Forumosan avatar
Rascal
Goddess of Fornication & Prostitutes (tōngjiān hé jìnǚ de nǚshén)

ORIGINAL POSTER

Spider

Postby almas john » 26 Nov 2003, 16:20

Sandman, was it a Dolomedes raptor?? These are common in Taiwan.
http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~vp6m-bn/066aoguro.htm

Here's one for Wolf. It is also common here. (anyway, it's in "A guide to Common Spiders of Taiwan" by Chen Shyh-Hwang

http://habitatnews.nus.edu.sg/guidebooks/spiders/text/Pardosa_pseudoannulata.htm
almas john
Former City Mayor (qiánrèn shìzhǎng)

24 Recommends(s)
60 Recognized(s)

Postby sandman » 26 Nov 2003, 16:46

Sandman, was it a Dolomedes raptor?? These are common in Taiwan.

Almost certainly, although the ones I usually see around the house and yard are much greyer than the one in your pic and with a less plump abdomen.
sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)

28 Recommends(s)
199 Recognized(s)

Postby Chewycorns » 26 Nov 2003, 16:49

Rascal,

Maybe you were mud-rolling with some midgets.

Chewy
Forumosan avatar
Chewycorns
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)

1 Recognized(s)

Postby JeffG » 26 Nov 2003, 17:04

Rascal,

I've seen something similar to what you have described, and sometimes see it and then look around, sure enough a cockroach is running around.

ATTN: American Citizens living in Taiwan, please support American Citizens Abroad - ACA http://www.americansabroad.org/

Americans living in Taiwan CALL your senators and representatives and ask them to repeal FATCA and support residency based taxation (RBT) for Americans living abroad! Writing a letter is useless! FATCA has been implemented and banks will be collecting your information here. In addition renunciation fees are now $2350! Insane!

The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is.
C.S. Lewis
Forumosan avatar
JeffG
I'm posting like Shakespeare (1564~1616)
I'm posting like Shakespeare (1564~1616)

12 Recognized(s)

Bug

Postby almas john » 26 Nov 2003, 17:11

http://www.cpami.gov.tw/ymsnp/animal/fotos/64446afoto.htm

Sandman, this is a Pardosa takahashii; it is common in China, Japan and Taiwan.
almas john

24 Recommends(s)
60 Recognized(s)

Re: Bug

Postby sandman » 26 Nov 2003, 17:53

almas john wrote:http://www.cpami.gov.tw/ymsnp/animal/fotos/64446afoto.htm

Sandman, this is a Pardosa takahashii; it is common in China, Japan and Taiwan.

We'll have to start calling you bugman. That's exactly the kind I usually see.
sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)

28 Recommends(s)
199 Recognized(s)

Postby Rascal » 26 Nov 2003, 18:29

I've seen something similar to what you have described, and sometimes see it and then look around, sure enough a cockroach is running around.

I guess I am moving out then. ;)

Thanks all, I will buy some WMD and get rid of whatever it is.
Sign here
Forumosan avatar
Rascal

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby Huang Guang Chen » 26 Nov 2003, 18:39

Thanks all, I will buy some WMD and get rid of whatever it is.

Good luck Rascal, I hear that stuff's quite difficult to find. :lol:

HG
Forumosan avatar
Huang Guang Chen
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

15 Recommends(s)
44 Recognized(s)

Postby Rascal » 27 Nov 2003, 10:58

HGC: :lol:

The Horror continues

Guess I need to go back and fill you in on a few details first: I found said droppings in my wardrobe, at the bottom of the compartment where I hang my jackets. As well I stored an empty toiletry bag (for travelling) and my video-camera bag there (with the camera and accessories inside).
Naturally I checked the inside of the bags but couldn't find anything inside of them. I took them out however and cleaned up the mess, also washed all the clothes in the wardrobe even though there was no indication that the 'monster' had been anyway else. Yet I couldn't stand the thought of something crawling around my shirts and towels.
Anyway, no further droppings where found in the wardrobe since then but when I walked into the living room this morning I notices two tiny grains beside the camera-bag which I 'quarantined' there in open space.
Hah, dead giveaway I thought and turned it upside down and found .... heart pondering ... a mean cockroach hidding in one of the small pockets.
It did give me this cute "I am harmless and innocent" look but I know no mercy when it comes to non-paying tenants, so I hit the bag a few times and the thing felt out. Wasn't really a big one, just ~1cm long but rather fat, and I stepped on it about 20 times - just to make sure.

Puh, what a relief - no pack of spiders luring at night and waiting for their opportunity, "just" a disguisting cockroach ... :D
Sign here
Forumosan avatar
Rascal

ORIGINAL POSTER

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Proceed to Pets & Other Animals