Click here to go to our new forums at http://tw.forumosa.com
If you are a Forumosan Regular, when you log in for the FIRST TIME, you must RESET your password by using the Password Recovery system.

Usernames on the new forums must not contain any SPACES and must end with LETTER or a NUMBER; if yours does, you will be prompted to change your Username
Contact us at admin(at)forumosa(dot)com or @forumosa on Twitter or on our Facebook Page if you have any questions or problems logging back in

Sanctuary being torn down. We need your help!!!

Re: Sanctuary being torn down. We need your help!!!

Postby Ex Animo » 02 Sep 2014, 19:54

Many thanks to the admins for the banner link to this threa! :notworthy:

We have realised that the safety of the animals is more important than trying to win a fight and will probably be relocating The Sanctuary. Again.

Very much appreciate all the responses. We're taking them all on board. :thumbsup:
sean@thesanctuarytaiwan.org / 0920 620109

Call me for emergency animal rescue; any time of day or night is fine for real emergencies
Ex Animo
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }
In Taiwan since: 25 Mar 1999

Postby hansioux » 03 Sep 2014, 09:47

Some of my reporter friends are animal lovers themselves, but they are a bit jaded when it comes to private owned shelters without registrations, because the lack of government regulations on private shelters, many shelters became fronts for land development. So what they really care about, beyond registration, is that the organization has an open record of its finances. Being registered helps because at least the donation finances has to be open by law. So far that's the main concern of my reporter friends.
Don't confuse me with your reasonableness.
hansioux
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)

In Taiwan since: 30 Jun 2006

Postby Byrd » 06 Sep 2014, 01:25

Some of my reporter friends are animal lovers themselves, but they are a bit jaded when it comes to private owned shelters without registrations

Wow. Brave friends.

and smart too.

the lack of government regulations on private shelters, many shelters became fronts for land development.

Everyone knows Ex Animo is a blood thirsty aristocrat; strategically acquiring heinously maimed and neglected beasts, flipping them, and using the blood-money for his vast real estate empire.....

Being registered helps because at least the donation finances has to be open by law. So far that's the main concern of my reporter friends.

This journalist group of friends of yours is quite amazing! needing all parties in a story to comply with the LAW before reporting and inserting an opinion! I imagine the local Chinese news conglomerates pay them top dollar for this level of integrity!
If someone makes a .gif of her running onto the hood, I'll make it my avatar. Forever!
Byrd
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

In Taiwan since: 01 Jun 2014

Postby ryanjgillies » 12 Sep 2014, 13:43

I'm more a reader on these forums than a poster, but I imagine the more recent comments on this thread don't particularly help to resolve the particular crisis at hand...

Let's focus on the animal's people!

As a side note, what currency is your Paypal account held in? If I donate in TWD will you lose anything on the conversion?
Gillies' London Pride : Probably the best British Pub in Taiwan : Longtan, Taoyuan : Facebook
GoWest : British Beer and Cider in Taiwan : Remember, excessive drinking endangers health : Website : Facebook
ryanjgillies
Grasshopper (cǎo měng)

In Taiwan since: 01 Mar 2012

Postby Mucha Man » 14 Sep 2014, 17:15

hansioux, here is a story your animal loving media friends may be interested in. A tortoise is part of a three month exhibit at the Taipei Fine Arts Museum. Clearly this is grossly inappropriate.

http://www.taipeibiennial2014.org/index ... ku-en.html
“Everywhere else in the world is also really old” said Prof. Liu, a renowned historian at Beijing University. “We always learn that China has 5000 years of cultural heritage, and that therefore we are very special. It appears that other places also have some of this heritage stuff. And are also old. Like, really old.”

https://www.facebook.com/taiwantemples
Mucha Man
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

Postby JeffG » 15 Sep 2014, 22:53

Ex Animo, check these:

I spoke to my lawyer friend about your issue and he gave me these very good references.

http://zh.wildatheart.org.tw - pro bono legal foundation, mainly geared towards animal and environmental issues. My friend says some of the lawyers here are very good.
http://m.stormmediagroup.com/review/det ... 2804cba5a1 - see if you can find this lawyer, he is from the above organization originally, but I think wants to open his own organization, he seems like maybe the best, but either one should be able to help you..

I just saw your thread yesterday, I hope these can be of some help to you at such short notice, from this thread it seems you only have until the 19th.

ATTN: American Citizens living in Taiwan, please support American Citizens Abroad - ACA http://www.americansabroad.org/

Americans living in Taiwan CALL your senators and representatives and ask them to repeal FATCA and support residency based taxation (RBT) for Americans living abroad! Writing a letter is useless! FATCA has been implemented and banks will be collecting your information here. In addition renunciation fees are now $2350! Insane!

The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is.
C.S. Lewis
JeffG
Combat Zone Mama-san (zhànqū māma sāng)
Combat Zone Mama-san (zhànqū māma sāng)

Postby Mucha Man » 15 Oct 2014, 19:47

I posted a new thread on the Sanctuary fundraising that is now going on.

http://www.forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi ... 8#p1643248
“Everywhere else in the world is also really old” said Prof. Liu, a renowned historian at Beijing University. “We always learn that China has 5000 years of cultural heritage, and that therefore we are very special. It appears that other places also have some of this heritage stuff. And are also old. Like, really old.”

Mucha Man
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

Postby Ex Animo » 24 Nov 2014, 14:32

Many thanks for the great info, all. I will be following up on a lot of the tips given here.

We've had a very understanding official at the Public Works office in charge of our case. We've had to remove all our roofs and lower all fences to (an escapable) 150 cm. The place looks horrible and is impossible to work in. We're looking to move once more.

On a very positive note, I just noticed that US$3,000 of our campaign contributions have been directed from Forumosa! That's fantastic, and greatly, greatly appreciated. Thank you to all those sharing and contributing—we are genuinely moved.

Here's the campaign if any other kind Forumosans would like to help—we're nearly 70 percent funded with just over a week to go.

http://igg.me/at/taiwan-sanctuary/x/8764443

As you'll see, the very lovely and wonderful Jane Goodall is lending her support to our case. :)

sean@thesanctuarytaiwan.org / 0920 620109

Call me for emergency animal rescue; any time of day or night is fine for real emergencies
Ex Animo

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }
In Taiwan since: 25 Mar 1999

Postby Tempo Gain » 24 Nov 2014, 17:52

Great to hear this! It's great to see such important work being supported. Good luck with the relocation.

"Being alive is the meaning." -- Joseph Campbell

"Well I don't guess it has to be, but that's the way we like it." -- Roger Waters

There's only one thing left for me to do momma I gotta ding a ding dang my dang a long ling long
Tempo Gain
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

Postby Mucha Man » 24 Nov 2014, 18:35

US$3000 from Forumosa? Wow, that is so good to hear. I knew there were a lot of big hearts on this site.

Mucha Man
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Return to Pets & Other Animals