Click here to go to our new forums at http://tw.forumosa.com
If you are a Forumosan Regular, when you log in for the FIRST TIME, you must RESET your password by using the Password Recovery system.

Usernames on the new forums must not contain any SPACES and must end with LETTER or a NUMBER; if yours does, you will be prompted to change your Username
Contact us at admin(at)forumosa(dot)com or @forumosa on Twitter or on our Facebook Page if you have any questions or problems logging back in

Rarely seen animals in Taiwan

Re: Rarely seen animals in Taiwan

Postby Mucha Man » 26 Dec 2014, 22:19

Handheld night shot. Super grainy but I still love this.
“Everywhere else in the world is also really old” said Prof. Liu, a renowned historian at Beijing University. “We always learn that China has 5000 years of cultural heritage, and that therefore we are very special. It appears that other places also have some of this heritage stuff. And are also old. Like, really old.”

https://www.facebook.com/taiwantemples
Mucha Man
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

Postby hansioux » 26 Dec 2014, 22:29

Mucha Man wrote:Image

Handheld night shot. Super grainy but I still love this.

man, they are close. that looks like it could be from one of those Disney animations.
Don't confuse me with your reasonableness.
hansioux
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }
In Taiwan since: 30 Jun 2006

Postby Mucha Man » 26 Dec 2014, 22:30

Yeah they were no more than 20-30m away.
“Everywhere else in the world is also really old” said Prof. Liu, a renowned historian at Beijing University. “We always learn that China has 5000 years of cultural heritage, and that therefore we are very special. It appears that other places also have some of this heritage stuff. And are also old. Like, really old.”

Mucha Man
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

Postby urodacus » 26 Dec 2014, 22:45

A mum and two kids? A great shot.
The prizes are a bottle of f*!@#$% SCOTCH and a box of cheap f!@#$#$ CIGARS!

Too many people! Almost all of the world's problems are due to overpopulation. The rest are due to religion.

50% of the world's wild animals have disappeared in the last 50 years. Did you eat them, or eat their house?
urodacus
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

Postby lostinasia » 27 Dec 2014, 11:32

Abacus wrote:Yes, I have been hoping that the southern cross island highway would remain closed to through traffic and instead they could create a park shuttle to a set of nature trails instead of opening the road to every dipshit that wants to drive across it for no reason.

Hey, for this dipshit, I'd guess four or five of my best ten days in Taiwan were driving a scooter on that highway from Tainan! I absolutely loved going up it, camping at the top, and mostly coasting down the next morning. Incredibly beautiful.

That being said ... yup, it should probably remain closed. There's just not enough reason for it, considering the environmental damage that the constant road repairs must cause.
lostinasia
Second Landlord (èr fáng dōng)
Second Landlord (èr fáng dōng)

Postby Abacus » 27 Dec 2014, 13:12

lostinasia wrote:
Abacus wrote:Yes, I have been hoping that the southern cross island highway would remain closed to through traffic and instead they could create a park shuttle to a set of nature trails instead of opening the road to every dipshit that wants to drive across it for no reason.

Hey, for this dipshit, I'd guess four or five of my best ten days in Taiwan were driving a scooter on that highway from Tainan! I absolutely loved going up it, camping at the top, and mostly coasting down the next morning. Incredibly beautiful.

That being said ... yup, it should probably remain closed. There's just not enough reason for it, considering the environmental damage that the constant road repairs must cause.

I was more so talking about the steady stream of cars and SUV's that would simply drive across it in an afternoon just because it's there. It is going to be very difficult to maintain the road in a condition where it can handle that constant stream of cars. It has huge potential as a partially closed off reserve.
Abacus
National Security Advisor (guójiā ānquán gùwèn)
National Security Advisor (guójiā ānquán gùwèn)

Postby Mucha Man » 27 Dec 2014, 18:58

Same place earlier in the day. I should send this to North Face. :lol:

Mucha Man
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

Postby hansioux » 17 Jan 2015, 12:16

25 endemicobirds pf taiwan
Don't confuse me with your reasonableness.
hansioux

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }
In Taiwan since: 30 Jun 2006

Postby onionsack » 20 Mar 2015, 14:51

DOR Giant Red Flying Squirrel (probably about a year old) I came across on a ride along the Northern Cross-Island Road a few days ago...no external signs of injury...might have plummeted to her death?

onionsack
Mastered ordering "beer" in Chinese (jīngtōng le yòng Guóyǔ shuō "píjiǔ")

Postby onionsack » 22 Apr 2015, 19:54

Hart's Glass Lizard (Ophisaurus harti) seen on the Northern Cross-Island Road on 3/30/2015

onionsack

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Return to Pets & Other Animals