Click here to go to our new forums at http://tw.forumosa.com
If you are a Forumosan Regular, when you log in for the FIRST TIME, you must RESET your password by using the Password Recovery system.

Usernames on the new forums must not contain any SPACES and must end with LETTER or a NUMBER; if yours does, you will be prompted to change your Username
Contact us at admin(at)forumosa(dot)com or @forumosa on Twitter or on our Facebook Page if you have any questions or problems logging back in

Transporting Cat from Taipei to Vancouver by CABIN only!!!!

Transporting Cat from Taipei to Vancouver by CABIN only!!!!

Postby Jen7777 » 11 May 2015, 15:30

Hi everyone!! Please help me! Thank you so much!!

I've tried to do some research on this my own but wanted to ask if anyone has had any experience with this.

I am leaving Taipei and permanently moving back to Vancouver and taking my lovely cat back with me. However, I only want her to fly with me in Cabin. I know flying EVA or China Airlines isn't possible with cabin travel for pets. However , is there another way? or route?

I thought possibly flying Air Canada and then doing a transfer in Tokyo to Van. From reading the website, it seems like this would be possible as it seems like Air Canada does allow pets in cabin.

My cat is a Scottish Fold and is 10 years old. So putting her in cargo for me is the last resort.

Thank you so much for your help and responses. Appreciate it.
Jen7777
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Re: Transporting Cat from Taipei to Vancouver by CABIN only!

Postby afterspivak » 11 May 2015, 15:32

Call the airline(s) directly.

Hope you can work this out!

Guy
afterspivak
Night Market Cop (yè shì tiáo zi)
Night Market Cop (yè shì tiáo zi)

Postby hansioux » 11 May 2015, 15:41

Also check out the cat section in Hokwongwei's list of leaving taiwan (sob)

http://www.forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi ... 8&t=142966
Don't confuse me with your reasonableness.
hansioux
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)

In Taiwan since: 30 Jun 2006

Postby tommy525 » 12 May 2015, 09:46

When I did it (mind you that was 1999) EVA air allowed ONE CAT in the cabin per passenger.
Give them a call. They were extremely helpful to me. Told me exactly what I needed to do.
tommy525
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

Postby pilam99 » 12 May 2015, 15:50

Which ever route you take you may need a transit permit if you have a layover (http://www.pettravelstore.com/pet-passp ... n-transit/)

I was in the same situation on my way to Taiwan and found no way to bring the cat in the cabin and in the end, decided it might be for the best to NOT be in the cabin, depending on how your cat is on flights. Having a large carrier with space may be better and less scary than stuffed under a seat with the cart rolling back and forth. KLM will likely let you bring the cat into the cabin but you have to fly all the way around the room and you cannot take the cat out of the Amsterdam airport. I ended up on EVA and they would not let the cat into the cabin.
pilam99
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

Postby tommy525 » 12 May 2015, 23:06

Although in 1999 EVA allowed ONE CAT in the cabin (in a cage) per passenger, because I had TWO cats, I put them both in the hold. They were fine. Came through with no issues.
tommy525
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

Postby Il Ðoge » 13 May 2015, 10:31

Use broom to transport cat :discodance:
Il Ðoge

In Taiwan since: 01 Apr 2015

Postby tommy525 » 13 May 2015, 23:39

Il Ðoge wrote:Use broom to transport cat :discodance:

MEAN Il Doge ! May you be accosted by a flea ! :D
tommy525
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Return to Pets & Other Animals