Click here to go to our new forums at http://tw.forumosa.com
If you are a Forumosan Regular, when you log in for the FIRST TIME, you must RESET your password by using the Password Recovery system.

Usernames on the new forums must not contain any SPACES and must end with LETTER or a NUMBER; if yours does, you will be prompted to change your Username
Contact us at admin(at)forumosa(dot)com or @forumosa on Twitter or on our Facebook Page if you have any questions or problems logging back in

Cat anemia

Re: Cat anemia

Postby hansioux » 29 May 2015, 10:21

Icon wrote:Well, no masses, no obstructions, which is good. Reasonable improvement on his white and red blood cells ratio, organ function OK. So basically just keep on feeding nutritious meals, observe and take care.

Problem is now he's upset with me -after yesterday's odyssey of shots, blood tests, and being unceremoniously pressed against a cold table for his exams- that he does not want me nearby and refused to sleep with me.

let him brood for a day or two, he'll get over it.
Don't confuse me with your reasonableness.
hansioux
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)

In Taiwan since: 30 Jun 2006

Postby hansioux » 09 Jun 2015, 14:11

http://www.nownews.com/n/2015/06/09/1713936

It seems like Tsai Ying-wen's cat is also refusing to eat or drink after her 12 day trip to the US.
hansioux

Postby Icon » 09 Jun 2015, 14:35

Yep, I was just reading about separation anxiety in cats, as per Jackson Galaxy.
Lo urgente no deja tiempo para lo importante. Mafalda.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Eat the delicious food. Walk in the sunshine. Jump in the ocean. Say the truth that you’re carrying in your heart like hidden treasure. Be silly. Be kind. Be weird. There’s no time for anything else.
Icon
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Postby hansioux » 09 Jun 2015, 14:55

Icon wrote:Yep, I was just reading about separation anxiety in cats, as per Jackson Galaxy.

I'm gonna be doing it to my cat again this July...

She is starting to get a little more comfortable outside. I'm still dreaming about seeing her comfortably being outside. It was how I met her in the first place.
hansioux

Postby Icon » 09 Jun 2015, 15:28

Yes, but she did not love you before. She did not know what warmth and safety were.

Not to make you feel guilty, but she will miss you. So leave her with someone who loves her too.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Eat the delicious food. Walk in the sunshine. Jump in the ocean. Say the truth that you’re carrying in your heart like hidden treasure. Be silly. Be kind. Be weird. There’s no time for anything else.
Icon
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Postby hansioux » 09 Jun 2015, 16:34

I haven't left her alone for more than 3 days so far. She did ok the previous two times I was gone for a couple of days. I would check if she ate her meal, turn it on when it's time for her to eat, listen to see if she's calling before sleep. She didn't stop eating or drinking, but on the second night she would call. Still, I think she would be more comfortable at home than at a cat hotel.

I had setup a way to talk to her the second time, but it wasn't fail proof. So I got a new IP cam with remote control, built-in thermometer and two-way microphone/speakers. It's a peace of mind thing I guess. Although with this new IP cam, it will still only work when there's electricity...
hansioux

Postby Icon » 09 Jun 2015, 16:37

How a bout a pet sitter? Just to come and play with her? They must establish a relationship beforehand, though.

Icon
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Postby hansioux » 09 Jun 2015, 17:30

Icon wrote:How a bout a pet sitter? Just to come and play with her? They must establish a relationship beforehand, though.

Can't really find those either. I'm thinking about socializing with other cat owners in my building, and maybe find one who wouldn't mind cat sitting. Hopefully we can even let the cats socialize on a regular basis. However, it's not easy to find like minded cat owners.
hansioux

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Return to Pets & Other Animals