Click here to go to our new forums at http://tw.forumosa.com
If you are a Forumosan Regular, when you log in for the FIRST TIME, you must RESET your password by using the Password Recovery system.

Usernames on the new forums must not contain any SPACES and must end with LETTER or a NUMBER; if yours does, you will be prompted to change your Username
Contact us at admin(at)forumosa(dot)com or @forumosa on Twitter or on our Facebook Page if you have any questions or problems logging back in

Vet Experienced with Exporting Animals

Vet Experienced with Exporting Animals

Postby Ovechkin » 13 Jul 2015, 13:09

I'm eventually going to take my pooch back to the US and wanted to know if anyone had a vet who can do all the necessary checks and provide all needed documentation in ENGLISH so that I'll have no problems getting her into the US. Thanks!
Ovechkin
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Re: Vet Experienced with Exporting Animals

Postby Hokwongwei » 14 Jul 2015, 05:50

Hey there.

I brought my two wonderful cats over with me early this year when I moved. I went to a random vet in Zhonghe who was a nice guy, but I'm sure most vets can help you out. Ask what you need to do immunization-wise to ensure they can be taken out of the country. There's a list at the 防疫檢疫局 website that I can't seem to find right now which you should check against. Your vet will 99.9% likely issue you an all-clear in Chinese only.

If you're in Taipei, you're in luck -- the 防疫檢疫局 station at Songshan Airport is easy to get to. They will type up an English-Chinese bilingual report that you present to your airline when checking in and again to the Customs officials at your destination. If memory serves, there is absolutely no charge. See here for the location: https://www.baphiq.gov.tw/content_edit. ... ypeid=1298 And if you're not in Taipei, they also have offices in Bali (New Taipei), Hsinchu, Taichung, and Kaohsiung.

I'll help with any other questions I can.
This is a highly proper signature.
Hokwongwei
Almost a God (jīhū shì shén)

Postby Ovechkin » 16 Jul 2015, 08:17

Thank you so much!!!! Do you have any recommendations on places to get a medium to large crate for her plane ride back?
Ovechkin

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Postby Hokwongwei » 16 Jul 2015, 13:28

What city are you in? If Taipei, I like a pet store near Dongmen MRT station that sells mostly imported stuff. But their prices are pretty high. Just try to find a big, clean, modern pet store near you... Can't offer much more advise, sorry. Your vet should have some suggestions.
This is a highly proper signature.
Hokwongwei

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Return to Pets & Other Animals