Click here to go to our new forums at http://tw.forumosa.com
If you are a Forumosan Regular, when you log in for the FIRST TIME, you must RESET your password by using the Password Recovery system.

Usernames on the new forums must not contain any SPACES and must end with LETTER or a NUMBER; if yours does, you will be prompted to change your Username
Contact us at admin(at)forumosa(dot)com or @forumosa on Twitter or on our Facebook Page if you have any questions or problems logging back in

Cat TV

Cat TV

Postby hansioux » 07 Aug 2015, 14:21

Usually when people say cat TV they mean the window. I know some cats would watch the Animal Planet with their owners, but my cat wouldn't watch the TV unless I'm playing a clip of herself.

I recently came across this youtube channel:

TV BINI
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCu2uMM ... 4GmUIWmhDg

It's a channel of nothing other than cat specific clips. From computer animated play videos, to birds, robins, seagulls, squirrels, and more.

My cat loves these two videos:

She would stare and get close to see if she can get to them. My cat is now increasing difficult to engage in sustained play... so sometimes I just give up and let her watch a little TV.
Don't confuse me with your reasonableness.
hansioux
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }
In Taiwan since: 30 Jun 2006

Re: Cat TV

Postby Icon » 07 Aug 2015, 16:04

I would still go for the natural thing, like my cats, that have the whole balcony to appreciate nature, stalk the neighbors, pick fights with fellow felines and generally, command a corner of the world. Something like this:

but larger. Simply enclose a traditional hardwired balcony in mosquito netting. 2 birds done with one stone.

As a matter of fact, birds still may get in, though I haven't figured that one out.

To keep them engaged with a tablet or TV would be an interesting experiment, though.
Lo urgente no deja tiempo para lo importante. Mafalda.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Eat the delicious food. Walk in the sunshine. Jump in the ocean. Say the truth that you’re carrying in your heart like hidden treasure. Be silly. Be kind. Be weird. There’s no time for anything else.
Icon
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

Postby hansioux » 07 Aug 2015, 16:20

Unfortunately, that's hard to do in most Taiwanese dwellings. My cat is lucky, she has a large floor window view of the nicest possible area within concrete blighted Hsinchu city. However, there's no way to get anything of that kind going at my rental place. It's for sure against some building regulation...

So Milktea will have to make do. She can observe nature, but there's little interaction.
hansioux

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Postby Icon » 07 Aug 2015, 16:26

Oh, the most interaction my cats get is a screaming match with rival felines from across the road, or chirping at doves -they are ambitious.
Lo urgente no deja tiempo para lo importante. Mafalda.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Eat the delicious food. Walk in the sunshine. Jump in the ocean. Say the truth that you’re carrying in your heart like hidden treasure. Be silly. Be kind. Be weird. There’s no time for anything else.
Icon
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

Postby hansioux » 07 Aug 2015, 17:18

Icon wrote: or chirping at doves

my cat chirps at light-vented bulbul outside the window sometimes. They'd land right on the edge of my floor window, and she would stare at them from the perch of her cat tree. I've always wanted to record Milktea chirping, but by the time I got my camera out, it's usually over :cry:
hansioux

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Postby imyoyozeng » 22 Aug 2015, 13:12

my cat doesn't like nature...she is really LAZY... :roll:

imyoyozeng
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

In Taiwan since: 20 May 1993

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Return to Pets & Other Animals