headhonchoII wrote:Taiwan seems to have a monkey explosion at present. Heard there were monkeys in the wife's homeland in Miaoli area, there's been none there for decades. Also ran into a troop up in Yilan two weeks ago just a bit up from Jiaoxi. That troop was more standoffish , my daughter is scared off monkeys due to the bad behavior of the monkeys in Gaoxiong.
Monkey troops I've seen:
1. Chaishan, Kaohsiung - crazy monkeys high on sugar.
2. Shuiguanlu, Tianmu, Taipei - not afraid of people, but not crazy
3. Kikuru Lodge (七卡山莊), Wuling, Yilan - on the way up to Xueshan, very shy, and retreats as hikers approach
4. Tataka saddle (塔塔加鞍部), somewhere on Taiwan Highway 21 or 18, Nantou - A little bit pass Yushan hiking trail entrance. Getting crazier each day. Goes up to cars in the middle of the road and try to grab food.
5. Fushan (福山), Yilan - nice and relaxed, don't have a care about people, just mind their own businesses
6. Malango (Fuyuan 富源), Hualian - they stay high up but aren't too scared of people
7. Maravi trail (瓦拉米), Hualian - slowly retreats to higher trees as hikers approach
8. Dengxianqiao (登仙橋), Taidong - a bit crazy, and too friendly with people, but not to the of Chaishan where they just seem like little devils.