Click here to go to our new forums at http://tw.forumosa.com
If you are a Forumosan Regular, when you log in for the FIRST TIME, you must RESET your password by using the Password Recovery system.

Usernames on the new forums must not contain any SPACES and must end with LETTER or a NUMBER; if yours does, you will be prompted to change your Username
Contact us at admin(at)forumosa(dot)com or @forumosa on Twitter or on our Facebook Page if you have any questions or problems logging back in

Taiwanese soldiers hang dog until dead

Taiwanese soldiers hang dog until dead

Postby Naughtius » 29 Jun 2016, 14:21

These pieces of shit marines in Kaohsiung hang a stray dog by a chain until it dies. The video was posted in YouTube by an angry city council member. I didn't watch it and don't plan to, but I hope the government takes this opportunity to identify that these scumbags are sociopaths in the making and need some actual rehabilitation i.e. jail time.

http://international.thenewslens.com/article/42914
Naughtius
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Re: Taiwanese soldiers hang dog until dead

Postby finley » 29 Jun 2016, 14:30

Chang was no longer willing to cooperate

Since when did people breaking the law get to decide whether to cooperate with the police?

And WTF was the councilman doing just standing there filming it?

Taiwan is probably fucked if the Chinese decide to invade and this is the cowardly shower we've got protecting the place. At least their names have been made public. Nothing like a bit of shame to sort people out.
"Global warming is happening and we KNOW that man is 100 percent responsible!!!"
- Fred Smith
finley
Entering Second Childhood (èrdù tóngnián qī)

Postby Naughtius » 29 Jun 2016, 14:46

finley wrote:And WTF was the councilman doing just standing there filming it?

The video was filmed by one of the soldiers. I'm pretty sure the councilman got a hold of the video and uploaded it to get public attention, cause we all know if it didn't go public it would just be swept under the rug.
Naughtius

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Postby the bear » 29 Jun 2016, 15:19

Naughtius wrote:These pieces of shit marines in Kaohsiung hang a stray dog by a chain until it dies. The video was posted in YouTube by an angry city council member. I didn't watch it and don't plan to, but I hope the government takes this opportunity to identify that these scumbags are sociopaths in the making and need some actual rehabilitation i.e. jail time.

The worrying thing about this is not these 3 guys in particular but that I would guess there are literally thousands of Taiwanese males who would act in the same way in that situation. There is a massive failure within society that is producing these poor excuses for human beings. Similarly the guy on the MRT a while back who harangued a westerner and his foreign girlfriend; there are thousands upon thousands of Taiwanese males who spout equally racist nonsense on the PTT boards every night.
I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific.
the bear
National Security Advisor (guójiā ānquán gùwèn)
National Security Advisor (guójiā ānquán gùwèn)

In Taiwan since: 23 Aug 1990

Postby Tempo Gain » 29 Jun 2016, 18:13

finley wrote:Since when did people breaking the law get to decide whether to cooperate with the police?

Military members on base would be subject to military discipline, I guess. We'll see what that entails.

"Being alive is the meaning." -- Joseph Campbell

"Well I don't guess it has to be, but that's the way we like it." -- Roger Waters

There's only one thing left for me to do momma I gotta ding a ding dang my dang a long ling long
Tempo Gain
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

Postby Rocket » 29 Jun 2016, 18:51

the bear wrote:
Naughtius wrote:These pieces of shit marines in Kaohsiung hang a stray dog by a chain until it dies. The video was posted in YouTube by an angry city council member. I didn't watch it and don't plan to, but I hope the government takes this opportunity to identify that these scumbags are sociopaths in the making and need some actual rehabilitation i.e. jail time.

The worrying thing about this is not these 3 guys in particular but that I would guess there are literally thousands of Taiwanese males who would act in the same way in that situation. There is a massive failure within society that is producing these poor excuses for human beings. Similarly the guy on the MRT a while back who harangued a westerner and his foreign girlfriend; there are thousands upon thousands of Taiwanese males who spout equally racist nonsense on the PTT boards every night.

I guarantee there are literally tens or hundreds of thousands of males in any given country who would act in the same way in that situation.
Ain't NO thing like me.
'Cept ME.

Lesson number one: Assume everybody wants to hit you.

Hey! Hey! Start shooting!!
At what?
The NAZIS, dumbfuck!!!
Rocket
Sidewalk Geomancer (lù biān suàn mìng tān)
Sidewalk Geomancer (lù biān suàn mìng tān)

Postby jesus80 » 29 Jun 2016, 19:36

the bear wrote:

I want to believe that that is not the case. You have to be mental for doing that being an adult.
jesus80
"Drinks for the House!"

Postby Icon » 30 Jun 2016, 09:42

Tempo Gain wrote:
finley wrote:Since when did people breaking the law get to decide whether to cooperate with the police?

Military members on base would be subject to military discipline, I guess. We'll see what that entails.

Problem is that this is actually promoted by their officials. They think this kind of thing "toughens them up". Which is why they also harrass their fellow comrades and bully them, resulting in so many so-called suicides and "accidents" on base.

Something is really wrong with the military, but then you can say that under those conditions, the worse aspects of child rearing create and foster these kinds of psychopatic beings. And then set them loose outside.
Lo urgente no deja tiempo para lo importante. Mafalda.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Eat the delicious food. Walk in the sunshine. Jump in the ocean. Say the truth that you’re carrying in your heart like hidden treasure. Be silly. Be kind. Be weird. There’s no time for anything else.
Icon
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

Postby finley » 30 Jun 2016, 11:57

The US military, AFAIK, attempts to reject actual psychopaths because they're loose cannons ... exactly like these assholes. People who do this sort of thing are a liability in an actual combat situation. Taiwan has a serious lack of professionalism in the military, by the looks of things.
"Global warming is happening and we KNOW that man is 100 percent responsible!!!"
- Fred Smith
finley

Postby super_lucky » 30 Jun 2016, 12:39

finley wrote:The US military, AFAIK, attempts to reject actual psychopaths because they're loose cannons ... exactly like these assholes. People who do this sort of thing are a liability in an actual combat situation. Taiwan has a serious lack of professionalism in the military, by the looks of things.

Yes, but let's try and come up with a single function of society in which Taiwan exudes professionalism. Hell, the street cleaners are using hand-fashioned straw brooms, which, kudos on the resourcefulness, but gives off a particularly backwater and provincial vibe for the uninitiated, no? Meanwhile, I hear there's a cage match scheduled this afternoon in the Executive Yuan. Chen vs. Chang. Should be a real dust-up.

Anyway, I've personally witnessed countless incidences of prolonged maltreatment of animals at home and abroad and afar. The shit we see on a regular basis in the Philippines is comparable. Roll down any barangay street and see animals chained to walls with zero sun coverage. Strays crossing the street just daring someone to mow them down and end their misery. Squatters have virtual kennels of mutts that never leave a two square meter section of crumbling sidewalk for their entire lives.
If it isn't fun, I'm not doing it
super_lucky
Scooter Commuter (qí jī chē shàng xià bān)
Scooter Commuter (qí jī chē shàng xià bān)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Next

Return to Pets & Other Animals