Click here to go to our new forums at http://tw.forumosa.com
If you are a Forumosan Regular, when you log in for the FIRST TIME, you must RESET your password by using the Password Recovery system.

Usernames on the new forums must not contain any SPACES and must end with LETTER or a NUMBER; if yours does, you will be prompted to change your Username
Contact us at admin(at)forumosa(dot)com or @forumosa on Twitter or on our Facebook Page if you have any questions or problems logging back in

Importing Pets into Taiwan (Paperwork, Quarantine, etc.)

Postby Battlepanda » 12 Feb 2006, 09:51

Jess,
sorry for the late reply. It took me a while to navigate this since my vet was only able to give me the link to the confusing official website I had already. The link to the official Taiwanese quarentine website is <a href="http://www.baphiq.gov.tw/en/index.asp">here</a>.

Upon emailing those folks though, they emailed me some forms and things as well as extra info. If you give me your email, I can forward the forms as well as a translation of their email.

Also, I am starting a "pets into Taiwan" pbwiki which can be found <a href="http://petsintotaiwan.pbwiki.com/">here</a>. It is still very much under construction, though eventually all the links and forms will be up there.
Battlepanda
Breakfast Store Laoban (zǎocān diàn lǎobǎn)

Postby Stray Dog » 12 Feb 2006, 11:04

Battlepanda, that's great - can we link to your site from ours?
I'm NOT SO ACTIVE HERE ANY MORE. IF YOU NEED HELP WITH AN ANIMAL RESCUE OR DOG-BEHAVIOUR ISSUE, PLEASE EMAIL ME AT s e a n i m a l s @ g m a i l . c o m OR CALL 0920 620 109. THANKS!
Stray Dog
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)

Postby Battlepanda » 12 Feb 2006, 12:17

Sure...just be aware that it's really rough right now...once I actually succeed in importing my dog, I'll tighten everything up and make sure it's up to date.
Battlepanda

my dog

Postby carole » 01 Mar 2006, 08:05

Can anyone help me bring in my Taiwanese dog. We are moving back to Taiwan and I desparately don't want to leave my 5 year old dog behind- we are very attatched to one another. Currently we are in China and the whole process isn't looking good for her.
carole
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

Taking your pets from Taiwan to South Africa

Postby havilina » 01 Mar 2006, 21:48

For those South Africans who have pets (or those who are thinking about adopting pets), you might find the following link helpful. It deals with the Importation Procedures for SA.

http://animal-travel.com/import.html
havilina
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

Postby havilina » 01 Mar 2006, 21:52

Sorry everyone.

I placed this post under the wrong topic.
havilina

Postby Battlepanda » 23 Mar 2006, 16:25

Oh god. I don't know why I ever had the hubris to presume I can write a guide to getting pets into Taiwan. I have run into so much trouble and done things wrong so many times.

They are exacting, people. They are exacting bureaucratic monkies, those quarentine people.

They "reminded" me upon issuing the import permit that, in addition to all the documents I used to obtain the import permit, I also needed a health certificate issued by the USDA. This left me a week to get this done. My vet's assistance mailed the permit to the wrong address, so I ended up having to drive 2 hours to get the certificate stamped in person.

Some six sense told me I should scan the docs over to the quarentine people to see if everything is correct. Sure enough...something was wrong. My vet have neglected to indicate that my dog is female on the certificate, thus engendering the whole thing void. But...but...but...I asked the woman on the phone...isn't it enough that my pet is identified by her unique microchip number? No, she patiently explained. It's all there in the instructions that came along with my import permit. Haven't I read it? The age, sex, breed AND chip number has all got to be on the form itself.

So now I have a 4 hour round trip drive to the USDA office (plus probably another 76 dollars poorer in fees) because my vet forgot to put "F" on the certificate. (Yes, yes. My fault. I didn't double check).

I hate bureaucracy. I hate it with a passion. I can't blame anyone but myself for being non-detail-orientated and sloppy though.
Battlepanda

Re: my dog

Postby Pistol19 » 23 Mar 2006, 16:53

carole wrote:Can anyone help me bring in my Taiwanese dog. We are moving back to Taiwan and I desparately don't want to leave my 5 year old dog behind- we are very attatched to one another. Currently we are in China and the whole process isn't looking good for her.

I understand that it is not possible for a dog to come from PRC to ROC. I'd like to be wrong. :(
Pistol19
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

Postby Dragonbones » 06 Apr 2007, 15:11

bump
NEW! Better for you! This post is now carb-conscious, low-fat, and gluten-free!
Dragonbones
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

Which quarantine facility is best? Which vet is best?

Postby kittykat » 14 Apr 2007, 07:34

I am arriving via CKS and will be living in Hsinchu. Which quarantine facility should I request? Is it true the Taichung facility is superior?

Can anyone recommend an excellent veterinarian (preferably in the Hsinchu area)? By excellent, I mean outstanding credentials, 7+ years of experience, dedicated to animal welfare (including demonstrated commitment to rescuing and rehabilitating animals) and praised by her/his clients.

Thank you!!
kittykat

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Return to Pets & Other Animals