Your pets - names and pictures

Re: Your pets - names and pictures

Postby Battery9 » 06 Mar 2012, 22:04

OH MY WORD!!! I only had 2 dogs back then....Sigh. Here is my crew now.

Deloris now. She got adopted by me.

Roo, Sambuka and Deloris

In order of adoptions. Sambuka (Shiba) rescue, mine for 6 years..Deloris (dumped in mountain) 4 years, TuDou (TaiwanSPCA) mine for 2 years? XiaoHua( stray) mine for 2 years, her son, Luka, mine for 2. Roo (AnimalsTaiwan) long term foster mommy for 2 years.
Battery9
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)

24 Recognized(s)

Postby UKbikerchic » 07 Mar 2012, 13:44

Hi Everyone.

I just wanted to put it out there that AT is putting together some posters to promote Adoptions.
I'm collecting photos of People and their rescued/adopted animals (doesn't have to be adopted or rescued by AT)

We want it to be a positive thing to encourage people to adopt and not buy and to let everyone see what happiness an animal can bring to families.

So if you are interested in your furry family to be part of this please email me photos of YOU and your furry friends (dogs/cats/rabbits/hamsters) the only rule is they must be adopted or rescued.

We'll have two separate poster ideas

1. "I Love my Mixed" and 2. "Pures can be Adopted too"

Once I have collected enough photos and info I'll find designers to make up the posters so if you have design talents please also email me.

We'll be making differnt types of posters for our events, centre and also for people who have businesses and would like to display the posters too.

my email is liza@animalstaiwan.org
UKbikerchic
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

3 Recognized(s)

Re:

Postby riggers » 08 Mar 2012, 06:39

Tigerman wrote:
Big Fluffy Matthew wrote:Pit Bull Terriers are virtually illegal in the UK (illegal to breed or import), because they kept killing people.

Well, its a shame what some people have done to the APBT. It used to be a fantastic breed.

Anyway, all types of dogs bite. Even the Pomeranian can be a killer.

Apbt are illegal in the uk full stop.

But they have never killed a single person here. They were involved in a couple of media hysterical high profile attacks. The ban came about after a Rottie killed someone, the Rottie had kennel club backing, the Apbt is not recognized by the kennel club, so the travesty of a witch hunt switched to Pits. Filas were also banned despite none ever having entered the country.

As for all bull terriers, bulldogs , bullies being animal aggressive. Not if they are raised , trained and controlled correctly. It is that kind of sweeping statement that empowered the ban movement. I have had Pits and Staffs, I presently have a Dorset, a Romany and an American Bulldog . One was aggressive . She could not run freely, but is fine while supervised. The others mingle freely with dogs. They meet many aggressive dogs of all breeds. Most have one common link an owner that tolerates , makes excuses for, or likes their behavior. The problem bull breeds face is that when a fight starts they tend to win, so get blamed.
riggers
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

8 Recognized(s)

Postby marku » 15 Apr 2012, 21:03

Simba the Siamese, and Keti a grey stripey tabby. We rescued both cats in Nepal and In Nepali language "keti" means girl. "Simba" because I had a Siamese cat when I was a young boy and so when we found this one deserted as a tiny kitten in Nepal it seemed a natural choice of names! We imported both to Taiwan about 7 months ago. Mark
marku
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

Postby twonavels » 13 May 2012, 18:44

Cinnamon: OK, tell them you did it. You're cute so you'll get away with it.

Violet: I did it!

This post was recommended by jimipresley (13 May 2012, 18:54)
Rating: 5.88%
Forumosan avatar
twonavels
Martyr's Shrine Guard (zhōngliècí wèibīng)

4 Recommends(s)
2 Recognized(s)

Postby jimipresley » 13 May 2012, 18:55

The Violet kitty! What a PRINCESS! :notworthy:
You can live here and have a great life and not be the least bit into living the local life. Clowns will try to diss you for it saying you gotta get down with the program, but fuck em, treat this place like a buffet and yous be on a diet. Take what you want and nothing extra, slam those oysters, but leave the bread sticks and dinner rolls behind. - Deuce Dropper

I'm much more of a nasty rotter in real life, especially with vapid or vacuous verbiage from the ill read & intellectually challenged. - TheGingerMan

Don't be a cheap cunt. - Deuce Dropper
Forumosan avatar
jimipresley
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

888 Recommends(s)
326 Recognized(s)

Postby jimipresley » 13 May 2012, 19:08

Daddy and the fresh kitten:

You can live here and have a great life and not be the least bit into living the local life. Clowns will try to diss you for it saying you gotta get down with the program, but fuck em, treat this place like a buffet and yous be on a diet. Take what you want and nothing extra, slam those oysters, but leave the bread sticks and dinner rolls behind. - Deuce Dropper

I'm much more of a nasty rotter in real life, especially with vapid or vacuous verbiage from the ill read & intellectually challenged. - TheGingerMan

Don't be a cheap cunt. - Deuce Dropper
Forumosan avatar
jimipresley
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

888 Recommends(s)
326 Recognized(s)

Postby Battery9 » 15 May 2012, 08:42

that's a cute kittyyyy. Here are recent ones of some of mine

Image i can only walk 4 together, the other two have walking difficulties so need separate walks
Battery9

24 Recognized(s)

Postby twonavels » 15 May 2012, 22:09

Those aren't cute. They're (write it!) DOGS!
Forumosan avatar
twonavels

4 Recommends(s)
2 Recognized(s)

Postby mukashi » 07 Jun 2012, 14:33

307023_10150338866884630_725129629_7947693_860886618_n by alkithilien
309131_10150338865359630_725129629_7947660_680655_n by alkithilien, on Flickr

Mine is Oscar :) 7 years old~ Adopted last year August, American Shorthair :) He's a good cat but quite a prince :D
Forumosan avatar
mukashi
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)

30 Recommends(s)
14 Recognized(s)

PreviousNext

x

Return to Pets & Other Animals