playgroups, nursery Kaohsiung

Welcome to Forumosa's corner for moms and dads to talk about the issues involved in parenting in Taiwan.

Moderator: 914

playgroups, nursery Kaohsiung

Postby huda0816 » 14 Jul 2011, 09:13

hi everyone

i will move to Taiwan with my girlfriend and our little daughter (2 years old) to kaohsiung in august. at the moment we are a bit concerned that our daughter won't have any peers. We will live at the NKFUST Campus. My girl friend's boss asked us if we need a babysitter and we told her that we would prefer a nursery. she didn't react - so i guess there won't be a nursery at the campus. Our daughter speaks german but we are sure she would learn to speak Mandarin faster than us. do you know if there are any nurseries in kaohsiung?
huda0816
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

ORIGINAL POSTER

Re: playgroups, nursery Kaohsiung

Postby aw08 » 03 Sep 2011, 22:06

From my (limited) understanding, it's not typical to put children in schools or nursery's before they can actually start school, so it may be hard to find many. We currently live in Kaohsiung with our toddler, but haven't found any formal playgroup, yet. Have you?
aw08

Re: playgroups, nursery Kaohsiung

Postby navillus » 04 Sep 2011, 12:43

Most kindergartens will accept kids 3 and over in the "little class", and I am sure you can find more who are willing to bend the rules a little. Kindegartens in Kaohsiung are nearly as common as 7-11s. They are everywhere you look. NKFUST, where is this in the city?
"collective madness is called sanity"
Paulo Coelho, Veronika Decides to Die
Forumosan avatar
navillus
Eldest Grandchild (zhǎngsūn)
Eldest Grandchild (zhǎngsūn)

6 Recommends(s)
16 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Parenting