Sanctuary being torn down. We need your help!!! - click here for details
You can also visit TheSanctuaryTaiwan.org - click here to go to their contact page

Baby item rentals?

Welcome to Forumosa's corner for moms and dads to talk about the issues involved in parenting in Taiwan.

Moderator: 914

Baby item rentals?

Postby 914 » 14 Jul 2011, 22:07

Our shipment won't arrive till a month after we do, so is there a place (read kind people) that has baby items for rent until our shipment arrives? We'll need them at the end of summer.

1) Crib
2) Train table
3) Play pen
4) Bathing ring

and some other smaller items.

Just renting, no buying.

Thank you!
Messages are sent from my iPad so if you find any errors, you may keep them. Myspacebarhasissues.
Forumosan avatar
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)

ORIGINAL POSTER
Location: YVR to SFO to TPE; Now in semi-retirement in Sky Mother
35 Recommends(s)
37 Recognized(s)

Re: Baby item rentals?

Postby Gryphon » 27 Jul 2011, 21:41

914 wrote:and some other smaller items.

What other things are you looking for?
Gryphon
Scooter Commuter (qí jī chē shàng xià bān)

26 Recommends(s)
39 Recognized(s)

Postby Dragonbones » 27 Jul 2011, 23:45

914 is a long-standing and well-trusted member of this forum, and a very generous and widely liked person. I hope that forum members, whether they know her personally or not, who have any of the listed items which are not currently needed will consider lending them to her, because I don't believe rental is going to be a viable option.
Now selling homestyle baked goods (cookies, brownies, baklava, pies, sourdough bread, whole-wheat sourdough bagels and cakes) made with many organic, fair-trade and/or local pesticide-free ingredients. Visit https://www.facebook.com/segoviaskitchen‎ or http://www.taiwanease.com/en/forums/pos ... tml#p92536 for info.
Forumosan avatar
Dragonbones
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

39 Recommends(s)
98 Recognized(s)

Postby divea » 28 Jul 2011, 00:31

I would again refer 914 to parent pages because I gave a lot of my stuff to members there/rummage sales and for toddlers to play in a church. Moms there absolutely understand your need and are very generous. I am sure you'll get some help there.

BTW is the stork paying a visit - again?
"It is the weak who are cruel. Gentleness can only be expected from the strong. "
- Leo Roston
divea
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)

362 Recommends(s)
116 Recognized(s)

Postby jimipresley » 28 Jul 2011, 00:34

divea wrote:for toddlers to play in a church

You shouldn't let toddlers play in a church. :no-no:
You can live here and have a great life and not be the least bit into living the local life. Clowns will try to diss you for it saying you gotta get down with the program, but fuck em, treat this place like a buffet and yous be on a diet. Take what you want and nothing extra, slam those oysters, but leave the bread sticks and dinner rolls behind. - Deuce Dropper

I'm much more of a nasty rotter in real life, especially with vapid or vacuous verbiage from the ill read & intellectually challenged. - TheGingerMan

Don't be a cheap cunt. - Deuce Dropper
Forumosan avatar
jimipresley
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

986 Recommends(s)
373 Recognized(s)

Postby divea » 28 Jul 2011, 00:37

jimipresley wrote:
divea wrote:for toddlers to play in a church

You shouldn't let toddlers play in a church. :no-no:

Oh puhleaze. They have Sunday school for kiddos and some of the younger ones, whose mums help out or have older siblings needed things to play or sth. like that. And FWIW toddlers play everywhere.
"It is the weak who are cruel. Gentleness can only be expected from the strong. "
- Leo Roston
divea

362 Recommends(s)
116 Recognized(s)

Postby Gryphon » 28 Jul 2011, 09:38

Dragonbones wrote:914 is a long-standing and well-trusted member of this forum, and a very generous and widely liked person. I hope that forum members, whether they know her personally or not, who have any of the listed items which are not currently needed will consider lending them to her, because I don't believe rental is going to be a viable option.

I know I'm a new member at the forum and nobody knows me. But I hope you weren't insinuating anything. I had no intention of renting or selling anything. :neutral:
Gryphon

26 Recommends(s)
39 Recognized(s)

Postby Dragonbones » 28 Jul 2011, 10:59

Gryphon wrote:I know I'm a new member at the forum and nobody knows me. But I hope you weren't insinuating anything. I had no intention of renting or selling anything. :neutral:

Hi Gryphon, my post wasn't directed at you. I was just hoping to drum up some support for 914, since she only needs the items for a very brief period. :)
Now selling homestyle baked goods (cookies, brownies, baklava, pies, sourdough bread, whole-wheat sourdough bagels and cakes) made with many organic, fair-trade and/or local pesticide-free ingredients. Visit https://www.facebook.com/segoviaskitchen‎ or http://www.taiwanease.com/en/forums/pos ... tml#p92536 for info.
Forumosan avatar
Dragonbones
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

39 Recommends(s)
98 Recognized(s)

Postby Gryphon » 28 Jul 2011, 20:43

Dragonbones wrote:
Gryphon wrote:I know I'm a new member at the forum and nobody knows me. But I hope you weren't insinuating anything. I had no intention of renting or selling anything. :neutral:

Hi Gryphon, my post wasn't directed at you. I was just hoping to drum up some support for 914, since she only needs the items for a very brief period. :)

Good to know. Thanks :) Just curious... 914 = "Joyce"? Cause I know a guy I refer to as 1991... just because it sounds like his Chinese name and English name...
Gryphon

26 Recommends(s)
39 Recognized(s)

Postby sjliu19 » 15 Sep 2011, 11:07

I just saw this. We have a play pen and a bunch of baby items you may borrow. What do you still need?

suejean@gmail.com
sjliu19
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Parenting